[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is something that I do not understand. Mewtwo already has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: poke_mew.png (73KB, 409x434px) Image search: [Google]
poke_mew.png
73KB, 409x434px
It is something that I do not understand.

Mewtwo already has the name of "MEW" and "two" claiming that it is the second, however it is the number 150 and allegedly created before MEW.

But beware, because according Gamefreak (And this is true) they confirm that MEW did at the last moment before launching RED POKEMON and GREEN (In Japan) as it was to them a little space in the cartridge so by inserting this data, if they wanted to use it somehow as an event or something in the future, there would always be an option.

However, they freaked out to see several players (Via bugs) were shown MEW and were able to catch him.

But the unknown and there ... If MEW was made at the last moment .. The concept for Mewtwo Mew and should be thought of, right?

How come you did in the last minute when there were a Pokémon created based on this? Why not Mewtwo would MEW to dry?

Perhaps that was the real intention?

I mean .. Mewtwo Mewtwo before being we know .. Maybe it was just MEW and then at the last moment created all this paraphernalia with the theme of a Mewtwo-shaped embryo (O mew in this case).

Or perhaps the concept of MEW was already thought like an extinct Pokémon but what they mean is they did not think to include it until the last moment ...

All this is very confusing
>>
Mew was the first Pokémon copyrighted by Gamefreak though apparently they misspelled it.

This suggests that their first course of action when coming up with Pokémon was to think of an origin for them, and went "well they all stemmed from this one creature called Mew" and had Mew as a piece of lore rather than a character.

Arguably this is why they're called "legendary" Pokémon in the first place.
>>
>>27602811
Mew was always created first. It was originally going to be in the game, but they didn't put it in for some reason. Mewtwo was always a reference to it, and Mew was just an inside joke by then. I don't know much about the data structure, though. All I know is that Mew was not supposed to be in the game, but a programmer put it in there and thus began the legacy of secret pokemon. With everything else already programmed, I imagine that is why they put it as the 151st slot instead of another. Yes, just like everything else, the only reason this exists is because of a mistake.
>>
>>27602811
>>27602874
my headcanon stems from the first movie

well anyways it's this

Mew has never been seen, they used its dna to clone it but ut had never been seen so while yes Mewtwo has two in its name it was the closest thing they had to mew at the time

also like how does the pokedex know about mewtwo?
>>
>>27603121
Analyzes on the spot. That's why Oak wants you to fill it up, so he can study the data.
>>
>>27602847
>misspelled
>japanese
that's not even how that works.
>>
>>27603121
The movie has no bearing on the games. Period.
>>
>>27602847

to be honest... the fate of this pokemon is amazing, this glitch with the mew is available near to mewtwo cave
>>
>>27602811
>All this is very confusing
Not as confusing as your post my man
>>
>>27603173
I thought it made sense that Oak wasn't the only person who worked on your pokedex, at lease Mr. Fuji or Blaine had something to do with it.
>>
>>27603121
It's supposed to be the trainer that's entering the data
>>
Rhydon was the first Pokemon they drew, but mew was the fist copyrighted Pokemon.

Mew is the origin story of Pokemon, back before Pokemon was fully fleshed out. Pokemon were some weird monsters that emerged some time in the past and separate from the animals.

Mew was intended to be the Porto-Pokemon. Where all modern Pokemon originate from. It was only added very late into the game because they had some space left over. It's supposed to be a secret "Legendary" Pokemon. That's why it's so powerful and unobtainable without a cheat device or glitch through manipulation of the game's memory.

Mew is inspired by the starchild from space odyssey. That's why it looks like a fetus and is a psychic type. Mewtwo was added instead of mew because it was decided that a super legendary final villain type creature was going to be the last challenge of the game. Thus Mewtwo was the final Pokemon, at 150 but mew would be added some time after to the game via special events.
>>
>>27603503
The floating baby? But it doesn't even do anything, how is it a psychic type?
>>
>>27603121
You learn about Mewtwo and Mew at the burned out mansion.

Your character is the one putting in the information. The pokedex isn't some magical device like the anime that already knows all the Pokemon. It's supposed to be filled up by the main character to categorize all Pokemon.
>>
>>27603532
You mean a floating fetus capable of space-flight and mentally creating technology and uplifting semi-sentient creatures isn't psychic?
>>
>>27603561
But it's just a metaphor, there's not an actual baby floating in space. I think they just wanted to put a cool spin when in reality it was just DUDE CATS LMAO
>>
>>27603696
Mew is the Starchild. The starchild actually exists in the movies.
>>
>>27603540
It would be interesting and would make more sense if the player could actually gather more information and add it to the Pokedex.
I feel like the Pokedex doesn't have enough information on it. Movesets, base stats, lore, sizes, habitats etc should all be in the dex and gathered by the trainer themselves. Perhaps talking to other people or reading books about them to fill up pages of each Pokemon.
Or else it would make more sense that there's preexisting data of each Pokémon.
>>
>>27603951
The formula was set with the originals. The originals were limited with hardware constraints. What can you do?
>>
File: Mew_.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Mew_.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>27603121

People seen Mew around the world.
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg (263KB, 440x2190px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_1-2.jpg
263KB, 440x2190px
>>27603121
>>
File: Pokédex_reason_2_2-1-1.jpg (307KB, 436x2498px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex_reason_2_2-1-1.jpg
307KB, 436x2498px
>>27603418
>>27603121
>>
>>27604012
>Apparently, it appears only to those people who are pure of heart and have a strong desire to see it.
>pure of heart

Damn it. I want to see Mew too.
>>
>>27604095
stop fapping to underage trap hentai
>>
>>27604095

You must have an pure heart and have a strong desire to see it.
>>
>>27604909
Oh hey, maybe I qualify after all. How the hell would mew even know what I fap to?
>>
>>27602811
Mewtwo always had the clone backstory. In an alternate reality where the devs didn't put Mew in the game, he'd still be referenced by name in the Cinnabar Journals.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.