[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix flareon /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 372911-pokemon-happy-flareon.jpg (118KB, 2433x1683px) Image search: [Google]
372911-pokemon-happy-flareon.jpg
118KB, 2433x1683px
We've previously ""fixed"" samurott, lapras, rampardos, banette and carnivine.

How do you think you could improve this pokemon?
>>
it would be a lot better if it could learn solar beam
>>
Its stat distribution doesn't suit a pure fire type, it's forever fucked

It would need an unrealistic overhaul of moves and a type change to Fire/Fairy or something to be viable over Blaziken/Heatran/Arcanine etc
>>
Conflagrate
Pokemon's normal attacks become the FIRE type. (30% boost to those attacks).

Versions of this should have been inserted as every Eevee evolutions alternate to Adaptability (which currently an empty slot) including Sylveon (who instead got Pixillate as a DW ability, It is literally making their moves follow the same evolutionary path that they do, and even plays on what it replaced ( as Adaptability makes Eevee's normal type attacks stronger).
Most of the others would benefit because Hyper Voice, but Flareon now has STAB priority and the attack power to use it not to mention Double Edge/Return being stronger than Flare Blitz. It'd be a start.
>>
God, it's my favorite Eeveevolution but the simple fact that it is an Eeveevolution kind of breaks its chance to actually be useful someday. Its fate is to never have an actual good movepool.

Maybe an OP abilitie could save it, but that works with everything else anyway. Something in the lines of Stake Out or Fluffy would be interesting to give it some kind of niche instead of just making it overpowered.
>>
>>27602686
I really doubt GF would ever make and eeveelution with more than one type under any conditions, even a mega
>>
Do you guys think a mega with increased defense and speed could make Flareon good on its own?
>>
>>27602592
Give it Extremespeed, Fake Out, and a 60 BP priority Fire type attack.

There, it's fixed.
>>
>>27602592
Give it fluffy. Not as OP as Fur Coat but still good. Neutral damage by Fire type attacks and resistance to contact moves.
>>
>>27602877
Not bad but I think it needs a complete stat-redistribution.
>>
>>27602817
It probably still wouldn't be good without a highly useful ability. Mega Houndoom got those things, and it has more moves and a second STAB to work with.

Another thing Flareon was missing was something to boost its stats. (Ironic given its called 'Booster' in Japan). As it is, it couldn't set up anyway, but its weird how Vaporeon got Acid Armor, Jolteon agility and it got Leer... At Level 42... When Eevee already had Tail Whip...
>>
>>27602912
I thought flareon had access to swords dance for some reason. That's just... sad.
>>
>>27602877
>Pokemon is immune to the fire type.
>Pokemon takes double damage from the fire type.

Now there's some mind games on the predicted switch. Its too bad the physical attacks that literally bury it are non-contact moves Earthquake and Stone Edge.
Now where's the ability that nerfs those?
>>
>>27602592
give it arcanines move pool
>>
>>27602994
Nope, Leafeon eventually got it. Eevee learns Baton Pass and Flareon can literally pass nothing unless you gave it Work Up by TM in Gen 5. This guy's a meme for a reason.
>>
>>27602620
It really wouldn't.
>>
>>27603059
It would take neutral damage if it had Fluffy.
How about:
HP: 110
ATK: 130
DEF: 65
SPA: 60
SPD: 95
SPD: 110
?
>>
>>27602592
>130 Atk
>its strongest STAB is a recoil move
>having a terrible HP and being slow means that at the end of the turn it will have less than 50% of its HP.
>HA could have been Rock Head to negate recoil, but instead is Guts IN A MOTHERFUCKINH FIRE-TYPE
>on Gen I its Special stat was 110, since Gen II its Special stat was moved to SpD, and its SpA is a shitty 95
This Pokemon has way too many problems that wouldn't be fixed that easy.
>>
>>27603100
Correction:
HP: 95
ATK: 130
DEF: 65
SPA: 60
SPD: 65
SPD: 110
>>
>>27603059
Double the resist it should have is neutral.

There are two 110s in there- there should only be one. If its supposed to be Speed, that's the better option It would at least be able to get its piece in most of the time, though it would be by no means great. If its supposed to be HP, it's basically a worse Darminatan.
>>
>>27602592
Give him a baseball hat
>>
>>27603205
Didn't see your correction.
>>
>>27602592
Cut its attack by half and give it to defence and special defence and give it a bigger movepool.
>>
>>27602592
Give it gale wings
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.