[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Showdown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1461681569397.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461681569397.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
What exactly is a 'core' and how do you build around the core? Is it just having 2-3 pokemon that cover each other's weaknesses or something?

Everytime I try to have a team centered around a certain strategy/'core' it never works out because there's too many variables at play to properly execute a strategy that isn't retarded gimmick, and the required pokemon just get their ass beat 9 times out of 10.
>>
A core is heatran/amoonguss/rotom-wash. Build your team around that. Thank me later.

Serious answer. The point of a core is for each of them to cover the others weaknesses. Ex. Heatrans takes fire attacks coming to amoonguss, amoonguss takes grass moves coming to rotom, rotom takes water moves.

I think your problem just stems from having to git gud.
>>
>>27596507
But if one guy dies from that core, aren't you just fucked?

my core is garchomp-mega aggron- Azumarill
but they all die pretty soon and I'm left with my supportmons who get walled and toxic'd.

How many hard hitting pokemon are preferrable to walls? I have like 2.
>>
>>27596623
Then don't let them die.
>>
>>27596651
I usually have no choice because they're the only mons that can hit hard enough to kill walls, then they are promptly beaten by a coverage move out of nowhere.
>>
>>27596717
The point of a core is that each mon covers the others' weaknesses. If your biggest problem is coverage moves, then you're not using the core correctly.

First off, you'll learn what to expect on what mons over time, so that's just a matter of practicing. Once you know what to expect, you need to be able to act accordingly. You need to understand when it's best to use something, what team members you can/can't win without, what one mon dying means for the rest of the team, etc.

As for teambuilding, the types of teams that are able to take out your core can tell you what else the team needs. Your core is a net that tries to cover as many pokemon as possible; the rest of the team is there to either reinforce the net, or pick off everything the net misses.
>>
>>27596623
Well for starters, thats not really a good core.
Hell. They all take good damage from earthquake. A very common attack. Furthermore, they all die to very common bolt beam + sometimes flamethrower combos.

Also, the point still stands that you oughta get good. Learn what you're facing and what moves things carry. Predict well and don't sack what you think is needed to win the game.

A good core isn't even necessary on a good team. Just make sure youre well prepared for anything.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.