[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Because there is a chance, let us discuss the state of megas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Because there is a chance, let us discuss the state of megas in pokemon sun and moon.

This is all theoretical, there is no proof for any of these, the only thing we can be sure of is mega evolutions will be in pokemon sun and moon.
>inb4 "but anon, there is no proof they will be in sun and moon either"
Reply with the above and you will prove you haven't been here long. Name one evolution that we couldn't get in later versions of the game. Even hard eevee evolutions still are around. So, yes, there will be mega evolutions.

The question becomes how will they will be used or how they will make their presence known. Rate how you feel about each thought. Also comment on if you would cum buckets if each theory were to be true or hate pokemon forever.

1)Megas are what megas have always been in the past 2 games. No true change. The pros are that we already know the method of mega evolution, and picking it up will be easy. The cons, only mega fug will be able to use z-moves, thus making him more broken, if that was even possible.

2) Megas become a permanent evolution once a pokemon is transferred over from a previous game to sun and moon while holding a mega stone. Pros, no more need to mega evolve during battles. Pokemon are already at their peek level. All mega pokemon can use z-moves. Cons are that unless specifically stated, we might be staring down entire teams of mega pokemon. Very scary prospect.

3) Megas mega evolve in line with z-moves, or a pokemon can mega evolve when they are in possession of a z-stone that fits their type. Example being gardevoir mega evolving with a psychic z-stone. Pro to this one is again a mega evolution can access z-moves. Con is z-moves become an extension of the mega evolution mechanism, and not to other pokemon that it could vastly help.

Discuss
>>
>>27594859
>transferred
>mega stone

Bank doesn't work that way, idiot.
>>
Also, why the heck would something that is used for a one time move also be used for something that lasts the whole battle?
>>
>>27594913
>They can't change pokemon bank
While this might be a blockage to us now, that doesn't mean it will continue. As this is theoretical speak one must be open minded.
>>
>>27594934
I can see you don't understand the specifics of mega evolution as a whole. If you really think about it, the mega stones only served one purpose. They only mega evolved the pokemon and that was it, if anything mega evolution through z-stone use would actually be a step up from the original mega evolution method.
>>
>>27595098
Open mind? Good luck with that. The Bank not only doesn't store stones, it doesn't store ANY item.

>>27595152
There are a lot of things in pokemon that just don't make sense. They have never made an item that is inconsistent in it's function. Why would an item that can normally be only used once a battle also be able to be used for something that lasts a whole battle?
>>
>>27595280
Why make a move depended mega evolution? By the by, mega rayquaza has that. So having something mega evolve with the use of a z-stone isn't inconsistent. If anything it would ultimately be consistent through and through, as a pokemon trainer and the pokemon sync, meaning they have to be really close. If anything that points to the z-stones being closely related to mega evolution.
>>
>>27595387
If I implied they had to be tied together, that was not my intent. I think there's no way Z-moves and Megas are invoked by the same thing, at least item-wise. Again, an item that can only be used once a battle is not one that can be used for the whole battle. For lore purposes, they are quite similar, but for game mechanics, no chance in hell.
>>
>>27595463
So for that one you list highly improbable. By the by, theoretical again means open minded. So it should be listed as improbable. As the game nears to completion we will figure out the exact mechanisms, but all mechanisms are on the table. List any you believe are probable as well. Can't hurt.
>>
>>27594859
#1 is the most likely to happen IMO.
>>
Megas are in, post game. No new ones. Now only one Mega Stone to collect to evolve all Pokemon, not 50 individual items.
>>
>>27595704
Interesting theory. Definitely a new outlook so it should be treated as such. Still I think this rates with the first probable outcome.
>>
I find it hard to believe for the two to exist together at all. Again with the matter Megas last longer than Z-moves do. I can only justify it through the matter ordinary pokemon were able to beat Megas anyway. It's meant to even the playing field for pokemon that have not and will not ever receive a Mega.

On other notes, I would prefer it if the Z Crystal was able to do both, but there would have to be a choice involved since indeed, having a Mega also be able to do a Z Move would destroy the universe. (as fun as it would be for Mega Sceppy to actually use it's tail as an attack, although I know Z moves don't work that way) You either use the Z move or you Mega, but not both at the same time.
>>
>>27594859
Mega Evolution will be kind of like a post-game thing, Z-Moves and possibly Z-Synchro will be the big thing in Sun and Moon.

Which is good, new Mega Evolutions mean more after-game stuff to do.
>>
Personal opinion is I think we will get mega evolutions with z-moves, no matter how broken such combinations are.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.