[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trading Evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Am I the only person that thinks trade evolutions are pretty stupid? It doesn't make much sense as a gameplay mechanic or as a thing that happens in the game world.

As a thing that happens in the game world it's stupid because trading a pokemon consists of handing over your pokeball in exchange for another hand to hand, I don't see how that would make a pokemon evolve.

As a mechanic it's even more stupid because it's more of a chore than something fun. You have to find a trusted friend to trade the Pokemon back and forth or do the tedious process of trading with yourself using the GTS which thankfully is now a thing, otherwise back in the day you were SOL if you didn't have a friend who played Pokemon.

Why don't they remove this mechanic already?
>>
It's a ploy to sell more games. Always turned me off, even as a kid.
>>
its still better than event pokemon,with trade they have the "its for socializing"excuse but event pokemon are shit
>>
>>27592399
You'd think it would be enough with having version exclusives. Thankfully as a kid I had one other friend that played Pokemon so I could evolve our mons together. But by the time Diamond was out I didn't have anyone to trade with and it was a real fucking hassle.
>>
>>27592375
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!
>>
reason I usually passed on geodudes, ghastlys, Abrams, and machols
>>
>>27592435
Even with online friends it's a lengthy and annoying hassle. It was even worse back in the day - I really only met with a friend to evo my shiny Graveler in Gen 4 and that was about it.
>>
>>27592418
Store or location exclusives is the worse shit in this series. They really should give them over Wi-Fi after a month or two of the codes being exclusive to a store or location.

I do understand event Pokemons given away at conventions or tournaments, those are a cool way to reward attendance so long as it's something not essential like Surfing Pikachu.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.