[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's start a riot: Every con to every generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Old-and-New.jpg (47KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
Old-and-New.jpg
47KB, 736x588px
>Gen 1 had glitches, bugs, exploits, and mistakes in its translations and moves.

>Gen 2 had the Pokegear which interrupted gameplay by Joey calling you about his Rattata.

>Gen 3 was when Pokemon designs became weird. The rival was also very forgiving.

>Gen 4 had bland characters and a cliched story. Most of the Pokemon introduced were just old Pokemon that got pre-evolutions or evolutions.

>Gen 5 made it so you can't get any past gen Pokemon until you beat the champion.

>Gen 6 had a bland story and little to no endgame except for the Friend Safari. It honestly felt rushed.

Let the arguments begin!
>>
>>27589543
>start a riot over a kids game.
stfu and kys.
>>
>>27589543
>gen 2 confirmed for flawless

Ayyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>27589543
>Gen 4 had bland characters and a cliched story. Most of the Pokemon introduced were just old Pokemon that got pre-evolutions or evolutions.
>Gen 5 made it so you can't get any past gen Pokemon until you beat the champion.
Just decide.
>>
>>27589543
>he didn't like niggers calling him up and telling him about their pokebros
come on nigga.
>>
>>27589640
if it is a "kids game" then why are you even here then?
>>
>>27589543
Gen 1 - glitches, so many of them and it just has such an outdated look and the HIDEOUS sprites

Gen 2 - THE WORST pokedex to date, I'm so glad Gen 4 made a lot of those pokemon actually useful, there's a reason why I call it the "dex filler" region.

Gen 3 - somewhat bland story and the rivals really weren't much to fuss over. Also, you need to rely to much on Surf.

Gen 4 - to many evolutions, a bit less new pokemon, but we still got the best champion

Gen 5 - the worst set of starters of all of them

Gen 6 - felt to much like a DEMO of sorts, like there was supposed to be a lot more content, but it was simply cut out.
>>
>>27589700

>forgettable Pokemon with mostly just shitmon placeholders

>baby Pokemon introduced

>awful Pokemon distribution, with some new Pokemon only available to catch in Kanto, vice versa

Not bad by any stretch, but certainly not flawless.
>>
>>27589765
Not to talk crap about the makers of the game, you?
>>
>>27589543
The first gen1, you mean the very first game they released?
>>
File: 1469829270657.jpg (54KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1469829270657.jpg
54KB, 500x399px
>>27589640
>unironically saying "kys"
>>
>>27589543
Gen1: utter lack of type balancing made Psychics dominate everything without effort. also, it made Chansey a NIGHTMARE to fight.

Gen2: the non-linear Johto and Kanto made for a very poorly done level curve, and Wild pokemon never peaked Lv40, making grinding a chore no matter where you are.

Gen 3: no real Rival, too much reliance on HMs to go anywhere. at least it has a great remake of Gen1

Gen 4: S L O W gameplay. everything in general is simply WAY too slow, even at 1.5x Emulator Speedup. birthed the cancer known as Stealth Rock and made a remake that didn't solve any of Gen2's major problems.

Gen 5: despite having a self-contained dex full of pokemon I liked, they still had Pikachu all over the fucking place. also, the changes they did to the meta did little to nothing to change the overall metagame. it was still All Dragons All the time.

Gen 6: No Postgame content in either XY or ORAS. did not remake Emerald. Mega Evolution broke the game in two. the games are INSULTINGLY hand-holding throughout.
>>
>>27589838
>Gen 4: S L O W
Haha, epic meme my dude! XD
>>
>>27589853
have you even played Pearl of Heartgold? it's half the speed of Emerald or FireRed. even the most basic attack animations take FOREVER.
>>
>>27589543
>psychics shit on everything, even in regular playthrough, since their supposed counters can't touch them
>Kanto 2.0 with very few new Pokemon, most of which are filler tier
>the opposite to the previous generation, too few old Pokemon and the new ones were either weird or gimmicky, hardly usable before physical/special split
>dex filled with evolutions and pre-evolutions, the former not being available before beating the E4, poor dex in general until Platinum
>didn't change the mechanics too much, hidden abilities were often a bitch to get, not enough new water types
>rich dex, but almost no challenge, went back to the old exp system, over-the-top mega-evolutions, poor transition into 3D, no post-game
These are my personal complaints for the first games in each generation.
>>
You can remove Joey from your pokegear
>>
>>27589543
>>Gen 5 made it so you can't get any past gen Pokemon until you beat the champion.
How is this a con? Are you telling me you actually WANT Zubat Cave #26?
>>
>>27590129
but why would you WANT to?
>>

How that a bad thing?
>>
>>27590180
If you get annoyed by Joey calling you can remove Joey so he doesn't call. It's not a very good complaint of the games since it's totally optional
>>
>>27589778
>autism: the post
>>
>>27589543
>>Gen 5 made it so you can't get any past gen Pokemon until you beat the champion.
Uhm, this is a positive tbqhwyf
>>
>>27589543
>R/B was a goddamn mess balance/code-wise
>Johto was overshadowed by Kanto existing and felt like filler
>RSE had a disappointing rival and too many goddamn HM areas
>DP's aesthetics and music were unpolished
>BW's designs were mediocre
>Kalos was fucking awful design wise and almost every character was bland as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 640x539px
Gen 1's balance was horse shit with the way the Special Stat worked, and being the reason psychic was so OP

Johto as a region was garbage, the Pokemon you find in the wild are all trash until you get to Kanto, and the majority of Johto's gyms were all Kanto Pokemon

Gen 3 introduced a bunch of horse shit Pokemon that didn't make any sense because the Physical Special split didn't exist. Why the fuck does Cradaunt, Sharpedo and Absol exist when both STAB's are special types

Prior to Platinum, DP were the most slowest pieces of garbage I have ever seen, also that fucking safari zone, holy shit, the giant size, the million swamp pits and the fact that the Pokemon you find in the Safari weren't worth jack shit to kill yourself in this mess

The Dream World process was the biggest piece of trash I have ever seen, thank god that shit's gone

Luminous city is the biggest pile of shit of a main I have ever seen, everything's disjointed and I never bother to learn where the fuck is anything it's a guess who minigame hoping it's the right store, also that fuckit desert makes absolutely no sense in it's location, it makes a desert and Polar bears in New York look normal
>>
The way they decided movepools in Gen 1 was a pain in the ass and there's not much variety in the different types. Too many poison and psychic, and then they shove all the water types at the end.

Gen 2 is baffling in how it treated the new pokemon. Nearly all of them are saved for the post-game in Kanto. I can't believe how bad Misdreavus and Sneasel have it, being in the very last area before Red.

Surfing was indeed annoying in Gen III and I think part of the problem was that you keep running into the same old Tentacool and Pelipper. Day/Night was missed too.

Diamond/Pearl fucked fire types and saved too many of the new cross-gen evolutions to postgame, but that got fixed in Platinum. So now my only beef is this being the beginning of too many legendaries.

Fuck the muskateers and genies.

Gen 6 has dumb friends that feel like parasites. And going in Lucario Castle for the Lucario Hour was excruciating for someone that was always indifferent to that blue bastard's popularity.
>>
>>27590968

Too many legendaries wasn't just the problem

It's the scale

It was too fucking big and grand "TIME AND SPACE, DIMENSIONS AND GOD HIMSELF"

The fact that Gen 5 literally toned that shit down shows that they went overboard
>>
Why does everyone say Gen 4 is slow? Is it just D/P? I played Platinum recently and didn't really feel like it was slow.
>>
>>27589543
>Gen 1 had limited bag space
>Gen 4 had too many HM's
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.