[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How strong would an offensive version of the eviolite be? Say,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: eviolite.png (88KB, 301x247px) Image search: [Google]
eviolite.png
88KB, 301x247px
How strong would an offensive version of the eviolite be?
Say, for example, that it multiplies by 1.3 the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of the pokemon (a 1.5 for the speed plus offense boosts seem to much).
>>
>>27589529
>free life orb and pseudo-scarf without downsides
The lower tiers would get shuffled violently. I guess the higher tiers would only be shifted slightly
>>
File: 123Scyther.png (121KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
123Scyther.png
121KB, 431x431px
Sup.
>>
>>27589529
Remove the speed boost. Then it might be balanced.
>>
>>27589529
That would be kinda cool but you'll probably end up with the same problem that you do with Eviolite and that problem is that only a few Pokemon can use Eviolite well enough (those 3 in the picture there). It'd be the same case with an offensive Eviolite IMO.
>>
>>27589570
It won't be. But it'd be more balanced than what OP suggested. That fucking idiot.
>>
>>27589529
Yeah speedboost would be broken, but everything else would be intresting
>>
Vigoroth would tear everyone's asshole
>>
File: 1470360940694.png (361KB, 581x645px) Image search: [Google]
1470360940694.png
361KB, 581x645px
>>27589558
>without downsides
you hafta use an NFE mon which means lower defenses and sometimes different abilities, movepool, and typing
>>
>>27589529
Little cup would be destroyed
>>
>>27589587
Yeah, what a fucking retard.
>>
>>27589529
Zweilous is god.
>>
>>27589609
Fair point, but consider things like scizor, crobat and such. Pokemon with decent stats and evos that either add little or rearange the stats themselves. suddently you have surprise powerhouses like how chansey, porygon-2 and gligar became amazing out of nowhere
>>
>>27589584
Virtually any nfe mon can run Eviolite decently. It's an enormous boost to bulk. It's arguably overpowered as-is imo. Blissey is lower tier than Chansey and (at least in gen v that I remember, I believe it's different now) Dusclops used to completely eclipse Dusknoir. Golbat is great with eviolite, Scyther runs eviolite to good effect, Doublade is viable in OU with it, etc.
>>
>>27589570
>>27589587
>>27589589
Idiot here. Instead of mirroring the defensive eviolite and making it a x1.5 for both attacks, I sacrificed a bit of boost for a bit of speed because most NFE are too fucking slow for even x1.5 to the attack to be worthy.
I don't think it's THAT bad when the idea itself is to make more NFE viable, and not just the few that have enough speed by themselves.

But hey, that's just my retarded opinion and this thread is for discussing how an offensive eviolite should work. Don't just give opinions, you're free to post ideas too.
>>
>>27589529
LOL I MADE THAT PIC
You got it from PokemonBattle.it, right?
>>
> 1.3 the Attack, Sp.Attack
Life Orb is 1.2 already, with the hp drop. To be viable it should be 1.5 on damage without side effects. No speed boost.
Or 1.2 on damage and speed.
>>
>>27590192
Life Orb is 30% boost. Not 20%.
You're thinking about the plates, the misc elemental boost items, Muscle Band and Wise Glasses.
>>
>>27590145
Nah, I just googled eviolite.
>>
>>27590252
Well, this site
https://mahoutofu.com/2013/06/04/top-picks-the-top-5-things-that-fifth-gen-did-to-both-enhance-and-ruin-competitive-pokemon/
kept it alive even after I closed mine. I'm glad
>>
>>27590145
It's a small world after all.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>27589529
I think an Eviolite that just boosts speed by 1.5x would be cool.
>>
>>27589661
People don't realize the reason megas exist is because eviolite is so powerful they can't afford to just give proper evolutions to pokemon any more.
>>
>>27591459
Bullshit. They could have made alternate forms for that like they're doing with Alola
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.