[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy a VC Gen 1 game Which one should i choose? >inb4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: helpvp.jpg (17KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
helpvp.jpg
17KB, 299x169px
I want to buy a VC Gen 1 game

Which one should i choose?

>inb4 yellow bc ashnime

Actual reasons, not pandering.
>>
I picked Yellow because I like Pikachu
>>
>>27586163
buy blue
>>
go find a list of the exclusive pokemon in each game, because otherwise Yellow automatically is better for giving you all three starters.
>>
Yellow because it is the improved version of Red and Blue.
>>
>>27586163
Blue.
>better exclusives
>better mascot
>better color
>>
>>27586163
Yellow if you're trying to complete the dex. Blue if not.
>>
OP here.
Can you transfer pikachu from yellow to another game?
>>
>>27586474
Yeah, you can also box it if you don't want it following you around.
>>
I bought all three to support Nintendo putting more Pokemon games on VC.
>>
>>27586522
We should be like this anon.
>>
>>27586163
Honestly Yellow is the best of the three because you can get the three starters, it has a minigame in yhe form of Surfing Pikachu, and most unobtainable Pokemon are the ones that are common in RB.

Like you I hate Yellow bc ashnime, but is a godsend that Mew Glitch was not fixed. (The glitch that lets you catch ANY Pokemon you want, including trade evos, Hitmonchan, the other starters, EEVEE, the other fossil, and MEW)
>>
Yellow for being the most polished Gen 1 version, either Red or Blue if you want Missingno. item duplication.
>>
A purely aesthetic choice, though Red and Blue can get any Pokemon with the Mew Glitch.
>>
>>27586163
Yellow for all 3 starters

Or blue for Persian and its STAB always critical Slash
>>
OP here
I shall choose yellow then, and i shall buy red and blue later for the pokedex.
Thank you /vp/oreons.
>>
>>27586163
Blue
>>
>>27586163
Either Yellow if you want all starters or Blue because you love Ninetales
>>
>Yellow
>Better Sprites
>Colours instead of just grey.
>Overall best set of version exclusives imo.
>Can get and use all 3 starters if that's your thing.
>Can actually trade for a Machamp with an NPC
>>
>>27586398
>better mascot
>>
>It is not possible to trade between Generation II and Generation III games.
Wait, seriously? Do I have to buy the VC versions to be able to transfer the pokemon to newer generations?
>>
>>27589124
Kanto: FRLG>DP>BW>XY
Johto: HGSS>BW>XY
Hoenn: ORAS
Sinnoh: DP>BW>XY
Unova: BW>XY
Kalos:XY
You can easily get every Pokemon by playing all the gen 6 games, this is just how to transfer from their native regions.
>>
>>27589309
>FRLG
>HGSS
Yeah, but you can't actually transfer pokemon from the original Red & Blue and Gold & Silver cartridges can you?
Can you really only transfer from the remakes?
>>
Can you really transfer your pokemon from these games to modern ones? I heard you could.
>>
>>27589423
Yes
>>
>>27589449

They'll be able to be transferred to Sun and Moon
>>
>>27589423
>Yeah, but you can't actually transfer pokemon from the original Red & Blue and Gold & Silver cartridges can you?
No

>Can you really only transfer from the remakes?
Yes
>>
>>27589449
Only when Sun & Moon come out.
>>
>>27589515
>>27589536
Well that fucking sucks. So my old Pokemon Silver that I completed a living pokedex for, and went out of my way to backup its save file, is still fucking useless because it turns out it's just about the only generation that can't transfer to the future games then, huh?

What a fucking joke.
>>
do you think virtual console Mews will be transferrable to Pokebank?
what about missingno?
>>
>>27589562
People were as upset as you back then as well. Me included. Though I didn't have a Living Dex then getting an event Celebi was fucking hell here.
>>
>>27589562
>>27589423
if you backup the save file from the cartridges you can place it into the RBY VC remakes if your 3DS is hacked.
http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/nintendo-3ds-guides/14646-pokemon-gameboy-rom-save-transfer-3ds-red-blue-yellow-green.html
This guy is going to be able to transfer pokemon from 16 years ago into Sun/Moon
>>
>>27586843
so can yellow. yellow has the same glitches as R/B except for the missingno i.e infinite items.

i'm literally doing the mew and the ditto glitch as we speak
>>
>>27589581
Yes. I've done it. Mew isn't a glitch. It's just hidden within the game. The glitch pulls it out
>>
>>27589741
have you tried actual glitch pokemon?
I'm guessing they don't appear in the transfer menu.
>>
>>27586163
I bought Yellow since it was my first Pokemon game
>Had a $20 giftcard for the 3DS
>Still don't know what to spend the extra $10 on
>>
>>27589769
2 years of pokebank
>>
>>27589769
Super Metroid for 7.99 or Earthbound for 9.99? Or Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Mega Man, Super Street Fighter or others for that matter
>>
>>27589792
Eh, I've only got like 2 Pokemon I'd transfer from Diamond

>>27589804
>Mega Man
>Earthbound
Haven't played either and I'm honestly torn between the two
>>
>>27589761
you mean the pokemon you get from the ditto glitch? i have not. unfortunately, i just recently learned that that glitch exists and im already to deep into the game to restart it to try it out.

but i dont see why not. they're legit pokemon. theyre just not at the appropriate level. especially since you can legally obtain a lvl 33 rhydon and i've put him into the bank no prob
>>
File: 1453891340521.png (5KB, 175x175px) Image search: [Google]
1453891340521.png
5KB, 175x175px
>>27589877
nah I'm talking about Missingno variations.
I've got a Kabutotops missingno, it would be neat if it turned into a regular Kabutotops by transferring considering they're well aware of the glitch.
>>
>>27586163
Is there any way to get surfing Pikachu in Yellow on the VC? I used to have one
>>
File: 1379211228639.png (15KB, 267x293px) Image search: [Google]
1379211228639.png
15KB, 267x293px
>>27586163
Anyone know if i can transfer Pokemon between R/B/Y by using the Pokebank? Or is it that once i deposit something in there theyre stuck in their until S/M? Not even able to go back to their native game?
>>
>>27589954
I think I remember reading it's a one way deal, and only to Sun/Moon.
If that bothers you, you could always back up the virtual console saves and restore it after you transfer.
>>
>>27589919
ah. ok. probably not senpai.
>>27589934
NOPE. not unless they re-release the stadium games on vc. but you can still play the surfing mini game.

t-thanks gf...
>>
>>27589954
Pokebank requires a cartridge to be present to work. Unfortunately it doesn't work.
>>
Surprised no one has brought up emulation. You guys are great.
>>
File: 1356398674188.png (17KB, 305x294px) Image search: [Google]
1356398674188.png
17KB, 305x294px
>>27589987
Nah. My reason for asking is that i have all 3 games on a single system but no one to trade with to complete the Pokedex. That sucks. Oh, well.
>>
Red or Blue
Dont buy Yellow
>>
>>27591412
Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 400x500px
You should buy blue, for an exclusive meowth. Meowth is the cutest Pokemon there is, so that's good, and then when it becomes a Persian, it can know thunder, takedown, cut for game progression, and pay day, like its so handy. Normal types don't take super effective damage from much, especially gen 1.

Don't miss out on Persian, get blue. I went red and it was a hassle to get this cat.
>>
I bought yellow because it's the one I had as a kid but never beat it. I ended up beating blue on emulator a while ago but it was about time to complete yellow and I beat the elite four a couple days ago. Gonna work on my pokedex and catch/evolve all available then I'll get blue to get the remainder. Friend of mine has red so that's taken care of.
>>
>>27590051
you ruined it, bud
>>
Man I am really torn between Blue and Yellow.
>>
File: Pokemon Red (1)_1469158548108.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Red (1)_1469158548108.png
4KB, 160x144px
>they dont play the superior version

Everybody in this thread is a faggot
>>
I would've been more inclined to purchase one of these titles if Nintendo didn't make the price more than twice the amount of every other virtual console gameboy game.
>>
>>27592916
Sorry I'm not a fan of Arbok or Electabuzz.

Arbok is kinda cool but I like Weezing better.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.