[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Z move discussion I guess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: z moves.jpg (193KB, 740x420px) Image search: [Google]
z moves.jpg
193KB, 740x420px
Do you think z moves will be physical or special?

Or adhere to gen 1-3 mechanics where the type determines which one it is?

What do you think the base power will be?

What pokemon will benefit most from this?
>>
>when the Bug type Z Move is a status move.
>>
>>27581671
Better be a fucking special attacking move.
>>
>>27581671

>inflicts sleep, confusion, all stats down, and infestation

It would just as well take that pokemon out of battle. Bug's not a good attacking move anyways.
>>
>>27581607
From that Will Smith leak thread earlier:

>180BP. Z Moves are neither physical or special by nature. The adopt what ever the move they came from was. Status moves do not work.
>>
Hopefully legendary Pokémon will get unique ones
>>
>>27581607
Probably be based on the triggering attack.

Or it could just be... Neither... It doesn't have to use the same offense/defense formula as other attacks. It could be something completely new.

I mean, they probably don't have things like PP, Base Power, or Accuracy, so why would they need to be physical or special?
>>
I think whether it's physical or special will depend on the highest offensive stat of the pokemon using it.

I also think the pokemon that can benefit from this the most are the pokemon with good coverage/big movepools. I kind of feel like it will only make the stronger pokemon even stronger, while not having much impact on weaker mons.
>>
They're based on whichever move you're overlaying them on.

ie, if the move is Solar Beam, Doom Bloom becomes special. If the move is power whip, Doom Bloom becomes physical.

>>27581671
The Bug Type Z-move is probably gonna be an overly complicated version of Attack Order. Just a writhing masses of insects swarms over the enemy pokemon like a maelstrom.
>>
>>27581793

It has to have base power and choose physical or special in order to calculate the damage, unless they went some kind of preset damage route. Even typeless damage from struggle has a base power and is physical.
>>
Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ice, Dragon and Fairy will be special

everything else will be physical

Also it will let Greninja transform into Ash-Greninja
>>
>>27581811
source?
>>
>>27581607
I never even thought about this.

I bet they will be something like >>27581806

Or maybe something new, like using the sum of your physical and special attack stats, and the sum of the enemy's physical and special defense.
>>
I just realised it's "[Z] moves". It definately does feel a bit like it's really pokemon Z.

I'd like it if you could travel to Kalos but I'm a bit trite
>>
The pose is fucking stupid.
And so is the gimmick.
>>
>>27582764
Your post is fucking stupid.
And so are you.
>>
>>27582764
Which pose?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.