[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IVs and EVs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (68KB, 864x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 864x540px
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187276-pokemon-sun/73354875

I just went through reading this. I didn't know so many people were against IVs amd EVs and want them removed. Is still a side effect of genwunning? Or do most of you agree?
>>
IVs yeah sure I can understand

EVs? Considering horde training, super training/reset bags exists, evs aren't much of an issue anymore.
>>
Not a genwunner, but I agree. I'm fine with EVs, but IVs just make everything complicated. You've either got to play bike simulator and god knows how long that takes to get a 6IV anything if you don't have a ditto, but even then you have the Hidden Power shit where you absolutely have to have a certain IV in this stat to get this type. I just feel like it could definitely be improved. They're going the right way with the Hyper Training, but even then if you have to be level 100 to do it, even if it is unconfirmed, that's a lot of leveling to do on top of getting the bottle caps.
>>
>>27580506
They made ivs so that pokemon would be different. But the problem is they made them so accessable to control that its just another variable to mess with. Honestly i dont care one way or another. Ev's have to stay though to have different playstyles and sets for pokemon
>>
They should just make them visible instead of hiding them
Keeping track can be a pain
>>
>>27580506
EVs are a good thing and those who disagree don't know what they're talking about, they allow further customization of your Pokemon's role in battle.

IVs are an annoyance for the most part, since it just means some Pokemon are forever (until Gen7) born better than others. Personally I think IVs should be like EVs in a sense, maximum of 31 in one stat but a total maximum of 100 or so across the board.

It's not a matter of genwunning since these were both around since the beginning, but there's this mentality with Pokemon players, for some reason, that everything has to be completely uncompetitive and casual and not to be played just for the battle. I've met several people who literally are just playing to be "breeders". Like, just for shinies maybe. It's insane.
>>
If they'd lower IVs back to 15, would this be better? It wouldn't have as much influence in battle, but people could still waste their time breeding them?
>>
>Wanting to get rid of IV/EV
>Gen wunning
What? Wouldn't it be the exact opposite?

They've mostly fixed it anyway, EVs have super training and IVs have hyper training.
>>
>>27580506
>Purely because you have to use Pokebank to transfer pokemon from XYORAS to S/M instead of normal trading since S/M are also on 3DS
Did this retard forget gens 4 and 5 were on the same console too?
>>
what's the difference between iv and ev
>>
>>27581075
the spelling
>>
>>27581075
IVs are born with and EVs are through training, iirc
>>
>>27581075
IV are innate you can't change them
Your pokemon get a random number from 1-31 for each stats when you catch it or breed it
You can train EVs by killing pokemons and it'll distribute some excess stats to your pokemon
>>
File: 688800fec093d25a209ebc5e988d4dda.png (773KB, 2203x2096px) Image search: [Google]
688800fec093d25a209ebc5e988d4dda.png
773KB, 2203x2096px
>>27581075
IVs are a bonus to each stat, given when a Pokemon is born, ranging from 0 to 31 for each stat. These are a direct bonus to the stat, from 0 to 31 stat points, once a Pokemon is at Lv100. So a Sandslash with no EVs could have an HP stat of 260-291 at Lv100, depending on the IV for its HP.

EVs are gained through battle, each Pokemon having their own value when defeated (for example, Zubat give one EP, or Effort Point, for Speed). Every four EVs you gain grants an additional stat point, and Pokemon can have a maximum of 510 total, in all stats combined, before they can no longer gain more, and only 252 in any single stat. This translates to a total stat bonus of 127 across the board, and 63 in any single stat at maximum.
>>
File: 1470452955916.png (109KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1470452955916.png
109KB, 1500x1500px
normies want IVs and EVs removed

normal pokemon players just ignore them and then inject the IVs and EVs they want, if they feel like it
>>
>>27581519

is that Piccolo and Vegeta?
>>
I feel like the obvious answer is that IV's are bad and EV's are good, but some people are probably experiencing Stockholm Syndrome with their bikes.
>>
>>27581614
>not instantly recognizing and getting semi-erect from the pic
gtfo newfag
>>
>>27581614
thanks doc
>>
>>27581519
arigatou, oishasan
>>
>>27581640
>>27581642

Im sorry, I dont browsed /a/ or /co/ or any orange board so I dont get your dank meme.
>>
>>27581684
retard
>>
>>27581699

okay autist
>>
>>27581684
>Doesn't know daily dose
>Says it's an /a/ and /co/ thing
I've heard that /vp/ has the most underages but I didn't think it'd be this bad
>>
>>27581753

Do you expect every poster on this site to know every meme? I could list some you're unaware of even though you've probably been on the site longer. People who browse certain boards will not know other board, even some crossboard , memes and to expect them to is autistic.
>>
>>27581814
Daily dose is one of the more universal chan memes

It's (relatively) old now so they could just be really new.

I'd expect them to know baneposting and t., those are also pretty 'universal'.
>>
The fact that they're making IV's raisable removes their previous annoyance. IMO I'm fine with them regardless. If you don't want to mess with them don't. It'll only matter if hyper competitive, and if you are hyper competitive.
>>
>>27581839

If you browse certain boards like /lit/ and /g/ exclusively, I can even see baneposting as something you may perhaps not know. It's not that those memes dont find themselves there is simply that those who are not expose to it may not even participate or pay attention to it so it's not even in the radar. As someone who browsed /lit/ exclusively for 3 years I can say that the rest of this site was a culture shock.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.