[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comfy hackroms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What is the most relevant thing to make a comfy region in a fan game?
The graphics? Mapping style?
>>
>>27580181

The flow of the map, certainly, but I also think choices for early mons is very important. A lot of 'primary', I think, solid single-types that are decent if you keep them around later on.
>>
>>27580181
Probably mapping style. What looks good from far out can be confusing and hard to navigate when you're playing the game. Map design is pretty important
>>
>>27580181
>big places
>no missions
>comfy soundtrack
>>
>>27580181

What game is this?
>>
>>27580226
Would this dex work? I mean, it's not a long game and not based on legendaries or evil teams.
>>
>>27580273

It's not bad, but if it's a small dex, I'd maybe cut a few starters for different mons.
>>
>>27580273
Why so many starters? I notice a lot of romhaks try and do that.

Also, I'd say the biggest things of importance are idyllic terrain, soundtrack to go with it, and a nice path to follow. Things can meander around, but you shouldn't be constricted, and you shouldn't be getting lost.

Pokemon are a bit secondary to that, though I tend to find that what helps are cool pokemon that aren't major powerhouses, but are still helpful. This is more subjective, but I'd say you want to avoid filling everything with the best pokemon ever, and ensure good route variety. You don't want the same two pokemon showing up on all the routes.
>>
>>27580495

This, yeah. When I think of mons that have the right degree of 'cool', 'strong', etc. for early game, I tend to think Growlithe is a good mindset to base around. Strong, a solid rep of it's type and fairly popular, but not OP and unlikely to turn early game into cruise control.
>>
>>27580736
That's the sort of thing I was getting at. Growlithe is a good example of a balancing point. Loading up the early routes with the standard rats and birds just gets people impatient. You want to have interesting things there to encourage people to linger more.
>>
>>27580181
I don't know if this belongs in the general or not (didn't see one), but what are some tips for lanscape "flow"? I can't figure out how my routes will transition from a Kansas farming type landscape (starter town) to an desert city like Phoenix (first gym). Basically, I suck at route design and planning. Any tips?
>>
>>27583751
Well there's a huge mountain range in between those two places.
But if you were to go through OK and TX you'd see the dry plains just become drier and drier until there's no more grass and just dirt.
Somewhere in between the dirt and sand there would be a rocky region with canyons and plateaus.
Grassy>Dirty>Rocky>Sandy
Just get drier and drier.
>>
>>27583751
>>27583832
Maybe try to google image search for inspiration.
I typed in 'Texas landscape' and got really nice results.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.