[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Stadium Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: pokemon stadium.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon stadium.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
How many of you actually beat this shit as a kid? I never got to Round 2, I was always stuck on Prime Cup Master Ball. It was always the last two trainers that fucked my shit over from what I can remember. So I grabbed an emulator and I'm gonna clear Gym Leader Castle, then work on the Stadium mode. Anyone have any tips? I also heard that there are certain combos you can do by pushing buttons with precise timing to manipulate battles. Things like being able to guarantee/prevent damage. But I doubt that shit was real, right?
>>
File: 1447956695948.png (116KB, 336x402px) Image search: [Google]
1447956695948.png
116KB, 336x402px
Can't say I've ever beat it with those rental pokemon. Trying to is a special hell, the stats and moves are so bad. Not to say I didn't waste hours upon hours as a kid trying though...
>>
>>27579982
There's a way to get pokemon from an emulated rom of RBY through an add-on. Google it. Trying to beat stadium with shitty rental pokemon is going to make you miserable unless you use save states to overrule the game's cruel RNG.
>>
File: 1418395734211.jpg (25KB, 325x395px) Image search: [Google]
1418395734211.jpg
25KB, 325x395px
>>27580052
Fucking this. The way it's set up is that fully evolved Pokemon have good stats but shit moves, so in some cases let's say Charmeleon is better than Charizard because the former has Fire Blast while the latter has Fire Spin. And don't even get me started on moves like Wrap and Fire spin...

That Sylveon looks familiar though. Is it who I think it is?

>>27580092
But I don't wanna play the original game again. Unless you're saying I can just save edit? Or maybe I do want to play it again, I dunno.
>>
>>27580121
Yeah, you can save edit. It's the n-rage plug-in, but you'll have to look up how to get the transfer pak working, I don't remember.
>>
>>27580121
Exactly who you think it is

>>27580092
I remember using that to build a competent team to steamroll Stadium 2 on an emulator. Had a good time.
>>
File: tito.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
tito.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>27579982
>Been Playing through Blue again
>remember what it was like to use my bros to fight CPU's in Stadium
>Nintendo will never re-release Stadium and make it compatible with VC RBY
>>
I was very single minded as a kid and only got new games once, maybe twice a year, so I was extremely dedicated to finishing everything in Stadium.
>>
File: 1454538428020.jpg (88KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1454538428020.jpg
88KB, 800x450px
>want to play it again
>rentals are garbage
>have no adapter and my yellow file with my actually good mons is gone
Fuck.
>>
im playin through it again too OP but i keep having this fear that my blues battery is gonna die since its the only gen 1 and 2 game i have with a good one
>>
>>27580655

Stadium 1's rentails aren't too bad.

Now Stadium 2's rentals. Those are hot garbage.
>>
>>27580092
I beat Mewtwo with a rental Jynx. Lovely Kiss is OP
>>
>>27580655
Emulators let you use GBC roms so you can emulate RBY in the GB Tower with Dodrio speed.
>>
beat it with rentals.

stadium 2 was too much. i got to elite four and gave up.
>>
>>27579982
Only owned stadium 2.
Beat it with cartridge, you can't do this with rental aside from extreme autism and holy RNG.
Still took age to beat this game 100%, including unlocking very hard difficulty in the minigames.
>>
File: best Pokémon.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best Pokémon.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
Oh boy Pokémon Stadium 1.
Didn't get past Pokéball Master Ball Round 2 final fight.

Articuno missed Blizzard 4 times in a row on our last Pokémons. Else I would've completed the game.
I shed a tear that day desu. Never came that close again. Fuck you, you stupid ice bird.

Love the commentary. Me and my brother meme it once in a while to each other.
>>
I was pretty young, but my oldest sister was pretty good at video game, so I just had her beat Lance, but we barely got past them let alone Gary, I dont think we ever got past him.
>>
QUICK, NAME THE DREAM TEAM YOU SET TO DUMPSTER YOUR SIBLINGS (implying your siblings said no legendaries)

>Ditto
>Gengar
>Jinx
>Cloyster
>Venosaur
>Ninetails
>>
There's a way to get extra continues, but I don't remember what it is. I remember the game becoming way easier after figuring it out.
>>
>>27585951
If you win a fight with no Pokémons fainted you get a continue.

>>27585883
Charizard
Vaporeon
Gengar
Alakazam
Jolteon
Dragonite

Too bad it's all about RNG
>>
>>27579982
I did when I was a kid. Using RENTAL Pokémon because I didn't know how to transfer from my Red. I only did the Gym Elite Four, and the main Master ball one. I didn't beat little cup or that other bullshit. It was still tear your hair frustrating though.
>>
Anyone know a good Pokémon Stadium Let's Play?
>>
File: triggered.gif (133KB, 311x366px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
133KB, 311x366px
>Little Cup
>Dratini used Wrap
>Dratini used Dragon Rage
>>
>>27587521
Wrap and Fire Spin were so broken back then.
Earthquake on a Gengar senpai, not cool.
>>
I didn't, fuck rental pokes, the one time I got a decent Pokémon it still had a glaring flaw: starmie with blizzard, thunder, rain dance and a shitty move, you couldn't even use rain dance because it was risking an OHKO
>>
File: squid.jpg (23KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
squid.jpg
23KB, 512x384px
>>27587521
>Little Cup
>Dragon Rage
did you even Stadium?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.