[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What percentage of wild Pokemon do you think evolve? Do any 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: evolve.jpg (227KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
evolve.jpg
227KB, 640x480px
What percentage of wild Pokemon do you think evolve? Do any 3 stage lines ever reach their third stage if they're never caught?
>>
>>27574273
That Venusaur was probably released by a trainer to help all the Bulbasaurs like Pidgeot helped his own species.
>>
>>27574273
I think it'd depend from species to species.

Some may be a pack leader type thing, the stronger ones fight and evolve.
Then ones that naturally would evolve like butterfree.
Some might just not evolve if they don't need too to survive.
and then just growing up like the baby pre-evolution pokemon reaching matuiry
>>
>>27574273
Bug pokemon like butterfree usually do. You can even catch them in some of the games.
>>
>>27574310
Except Venusaura trainer probably visits him
>>
>>27574273
kind of sad to think about, an old Bulbasaur that has never evolved.
>>
Depends on how you want to think of it. Even in the main series, fully evolved pokemon appear wild all the time, regardless of evolution method.
>>
File: BulbasaurEvolution-530x386[1].gif (56KB, 530x386px) Image search: [Google]
BulbasaurEvolution-530x386[1].gif
56KB, 530x386px
>>27574273
>What percentage of wild Pokemon do you think evolve?

It probably varies WILDLY depending on species, typing and their basic morphology n' so forth.
Evolution in the wild most likely depends on environmental circumstances, necessity and physical maturity- Pokemon in the Games only grow and gain levels so fast because that's a game mechanic, but Pokemon in the "real Pokemon world" probably take YEARS to evolve and even then it's probably under certain conditions.

A Pokemon with a high level requirement for instance dictates a Pokemon that takes years or even decades to physically mature enough to evolve.

-Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve obviously don't need these conditions in their natural environment: Steelix for instance can be seen living on certain caves and mountain ranges.

-Pokemon that need certain stones to evolve most likely find them in their natural unrefined forms in the wild or a similar proxy

So with all that in mind:
>Do any 3 stage lines ever reach their third stage if they're never caught?

The strongest and oldest of them probably consistently do- but I'd imagine the vast majority of wild pokemon with "3 stage" evolutions probably spend the vast majority or even the entirety of their lives as a 2nd stage evolution.
The Exceptions would be:
-Bug/Insect-based Pokemon.
&
-Pokemon that have "baby forms".

This is all head-canon speculation though, naturally.
THOUGH if you think about it if this is true it'd make sense why "3 stage evolutions" are less common than 2nd or even no-stage-evolutions since it's just varying levels of resource management in terms of maturation and physical development.

If a pokemon can survive and reproduce without evolving who's to say it "needs" to evolve?
Maybe it can use those resources for other things; I'd like to think that pokemon that don't evolve but continue leveling just get BIGGER- That's how you get such big fucking Magikarps n' so forth.
>>
>>27576078
I like it.
>>
I wish Ash would use Bulbasaur in the Gen 7 anime. He's been boxed for a while and it would be cool to see the first non-shitmon Ash caught back and contributing.

Bulbasaur is Ash's 2nd longest tenured Pokemon after Pikachu, right? Butterfree and Pidgeot were release.
>>
>>27574273
probably most of them
>>
>>27574273
>anime
I think the anime takes species really seriously. Each evolution is a species and in the wild they have no relationship with each beyond evolving from each other. Bulbasaur do not live with Ivysaur or Venusaur. They each live on their own. At most they have an evolved form that protects the unevolved ones. Generally they show them with each other going so far as to show old versions of a first stage.

>main game
Based on encounter rates it varies. You can have rates were they are close to 50/50 and rates that strongly imply that some pokemon don't evolve in the wild. Most third stage evos can't be found in the wild.
>>
File: 1464138806476.png (402KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464138806476.png
402KB, 640x480px
>>27576286
>Bulbasaur is Ash's 2nd longest tenured Pokemon after Pikachu
I think you're right. A lot of supporting characters like May got Bulbasaur which is cool. The excuse that is always written into the anime is that Bulbasaur is the boss of the pokemon at Oak's garden. Without him that shit falls apart. The real reason is that other than Pikachu Bulbasaur is the only pokemon who refuses to evolve. I think that's Pikachu's thing so they don't want to mess with it.

Bulbasaur is better off at Oak's. They can only hurt his character by writing stupid shit for him.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.