[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just a thought:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: 1470428576948.png (285KB, 620x458px) Image search: [Google]
1470428576948.png
285KB, 620x458px
What if the person who posted the Gen 6 starter leaks actually knew about the girl beforehand and put her into "fake" artwork to really throw people for a loop?

Considering that said person had some knowledge/access about what was to come, this would not surprise me in the slightest.
>>
>>27573490
>Gen 6
>>
>>27573490
>Gen 6

I kek'd
>>
>>27573490
>What if the person who posted the Gen 6 starter leaks actually knew about the girl beforehand and put her into "fake" artwork to really throw people for a loop?

>reaching this fucking hard

They're real. Get over it faggot.
>>
Okay not liking them is one thing but you're clearly in denial at this point bud
>>
>>27573490
Unless that same person studies or is a wiz at japanese animation.

Your theory holds no water. And is highly elaborate
>>
>>27573490
>Being this desperate
El Tigre is real, whether you like it or not
>>
>>27573
Give me actual arguments you shiteater
>>
>>27573578
For any one man to pull off
>>
>>27573543
>>27573561
Damn it.

>>27573568
>>27573576
I don't have a problem if they are real or not, I was just thinking about what I would do if I had info like that and I would troll the shit out of people.
>>
>>27573631
If you were good enough to draw like this and have a job where you'd get the info, behaving like an underage retard would be the last thing to cross your mind.
>>
What if I told you my aunt works for TPCi and got me the SM beta which I have beaten four times already but I refuse to leak anything just because I love seeing you guys squirm?
>>
>>27573490
I'd normally think this is a reach but the starters are all shitty clothes wearing, human job gimmick pokemon with no simple, classical alternative. I have a hard time believing gf jumped the shark this hard/suddenly.
>>
>>27573739
Same shit applies to the last three gens anon. Especially the last.
>>
>>27573739
Right because Ninja, Mage, and Knight weren't the same fucking thing right?
>>
>>27573862
Exactly why its odd to repeat the idea of RPG classes again. Especially when they seem to be doubling up on warrior.

Needs more cleric as well.
>>
>>27573803
>Torterra
>Shitty gimmick
No.

There may be human job gimmicks associated with a lot of the newer starters but they still bothered blending those elements into something natural that looks like it reasonably could be part of an animal's body. These leak designs are straight up "draw a human-ish X and throw clothes on it".
>>
>>27573739
>A skillful predator
>A Siren

Other than TigerMask, I'm not really seeing it. And even in the latter's case, Gamefreak has had a perpetually fueled hard-on for martial/combatant themed Pokemon since forever.
>>
File: 1493077[1].jpg (40KB, 660x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493077[1].jpg
40KB, 660x500px
>>27573490
>What if Pokemon try control Earth by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate human societies.
>>
>>27573931
Torterra is based off the many mythologies of island turtles and probably even one instance in particular, like how Infernape and Empoleon were based off of specific mythological figures, which I'd say is even more gimmicky than these three or last gen having much looser concepts
>>
>>27573964
Really? The archer is wearing a hoodie with drawstrings and the siren is wearing a hat, hairbands, and a weird shirt thing.
>>
>>27574050
It's an animal based on a mythological animal. That's not nearly as gimmicky as handing out clothes and accessories.

Also what specific figure would empolean be based off?
>>
File: 87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s[1].jpg (59KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s[1].jpg
59KB, 536x800px
>OP
>>
>>27574109
Poseidon
>>
>>27573997
lol! xD
>>
>>27574109
>>
>>27574109
I think basing an entire species after a single entity or mythology is far worse than basing them on a general profession
>>
>>27573490
No matter how many times you guys post this I just can't understand how you'd think this is plausible. The beta design argument is much stronger than "lol I trol'd u XDDD" dumb shit.
>>
>>27573490
I still that it's an early concept sketch, and chances are Mallow's concept is just one of the designs that remained consistent through to completion. The same may not be the case for Litten3, though. Unlike Mallow, Litten3's final design may not remain consistent through to completion, and is probably going to look at least kinda different from its early concept art once it's officially released. Only time will tell.
>>
>>27573739

Serperior: French royalty
Emboar: Chinese soldier
Samurott: Japanese samurai

Chesnaught: Knight
Delphox: Mage
Greninja: Ninja

Rowlet3: Archer
Litten3: Wrestler
Popplio3: Singer

Starters have been based on people for the past two gens now
>>
>>27574055

The shirt thing is from Popplio. The "headbands" are bubbles.
>>
>>27574188

And Napoleon Bonaparte
>>
>>27574328
*hairbands
>>
>>27574259
Being based on something isn't what makes it a gimmick. Randomly pulling clothes and accessories out of your ass instead of just being loosely inspired makes you a gimmick. Also myths are generally more primordial and universal than random jobs so they fit more believably as part of nature.
>>
>>27574385
>Randomly pulling clothes and accessories out of your ass instead of just being loosely inspired makes you a gimmick.

I guess Machoke, Machamp, Mr. Mime, Jynx, and Hitmonchan are gimmicks then

Their "clothing" looks far more unnatural than these starters "clothing"
>>
>>27574435
>I guess Machoke, Machamp, Mr. Mime, Jynx, and Hitmonchan are gimmicks then
Yes.
>>
>>27573490
what the fuck did I just read?

if the leaker knew about the girl beforehand this implies that the starters are real regardless you dumb fuck
>>
>>27574055
I'm just saying that it's more reminiscent of simply being specialized form of attacking rather than a human-specific job, similar to Blastoise's cannons or Sceptile's leaf blades.
It uses its feathers to attack since it was a Rowlet. It's not implausible to think it might become more mechanically proficient at attacking with them as it evolves.
>>
>>27574482
Not saying I don't believe the starters are real, but how in the holy fuck does that imply that the starters are real? Knowing about Mallow beforehand isn't contingent upon knowing about the final evolutions of the starters. Friendly reminder, this might just be early concept art that's subjected to change. Mallow may be the only design to have remained consistent to its final stage.
>>
>>27574482
>something leaking out = everything leaking out
k
>>
>>27573490
why do you people keep posting these off the wall theories? ya'll got the nerve to talk shit about those that believed and proven right, but every few hours, or every other day, these shit theories of conspiracy pop up.

Just fucking accept it and move on. ya'll are the only ones stuck on this now. the believers have moved on, and so have the people that never really cared.
>>
>>27574627
>>27574633

Ok even if he did know about Mallow beforehand let me ask you this.

Why go through the trouble of putting mallow on fake artwork?

You guys have to get past denial and just accept it.
>>
>>27574627
>Friendly reminder, this might just be early concept art that's subjected to change. Mallow may be the only design to have remained consistent to its final stage.

These aren't some rough sketches, these are detailed concepts given to the anime team.

There's way too much detail here for these not to be the finalized designs.
>>
>>27574712
Isn't it obvious? He wanted to fuck with the fanbase by "leaking" fakes and make them look legit when Mallow is officially confirmed.
>>
>>27574782

Two months in advance?

Yeah, no
>>
>>27573490
Sigh... Op, ik it can be really hard to take this and i dislike them too but... While i can sort of see where youre coming from, its like a 00.1% chance for them to somehow be fake. Just pick any of em and box em... Then transfer any other starter from pokebank...
>>
Threads like this are what happen when you post about /vp/ having leaks on reddit, tumblr, and twitter. The redditers were especially frothing at the mouth about these so it wouldn't surprise me if it's one of them spamming.

I can't wait until leaks season is over (along with the GO fad) and the board goes back to the normal speed. Threads don't even last a day anymore because people make the same threads about Luchakitty and friends all day.
>>
File: concept example.jpg (64KB, 830x623px) Image search: [Google]
concept example.jpg
64KB, 830x623px
This is what undecided concepts look like, the OP image is clearly reference material for something, be it the anime or merchandise manufacturing.

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27538933/#27540638

I'm inclined to go with merchandising because of this thread and I think that also explains why the names are not on them. Since a person making a plushy doesn't need to know the names of the Pokemon.
>>
>>27574607
Designs are becoming more and more complex now because of the recent move to 3-D models. Simple dsesigns just don't translate that well into 3-D models.
>>
>>27574312
>Knight
>Mage
>Ninja
It's Mage, Rogue and Fighter
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.