[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's just a reskin! So unoriginal! Gamefreak ruined it!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

>It's just a reskin! So unoriginal! Gamefreak ruined it!
>>
>>27571149
Nobody is saying this
>>
>>27571149
holy fuck did they really just reskin vulpix to a white fox? i havent played pokemon since gen 1 and i can tell that this is bad design

pokemon is ruined
>>
>>27571149
Of note is that they have done "this animal but from a different enviroment" before and didn't need to reskin old pokemon for it. We did not need "unova pidgey" we got pidove or whatever.
>>
>>27571532
Pidove is a pigeon
Pidgey is a generic brown bird.
>>
>>27571532
Arbok had a different face pattern depending on the region.
>>
>>27571532
Pidgey, despite the name, isn't even a pigeon. It's more of a sparrow.
>>
>>27571458
>>27569373
>>
>>27571587
So one guy was angry amd we already had a thread for it so we made this thread?

Push that meme even harder
>>
>>27571551
so spearow is just a variant of pidgey, right?
>>
The point is that they have created the precedents of older pokemon getting new formes, so now they can recycle gen 1 again instead of thinking about brand new designs.
> Vulpix is a fox
> There is a polar fox IRL
> So let's do an ice Vulpix
They could come up with an original ice-type fox, but for some reason decided not to.
>>
>>27571805
They could have done the more rational thing and split the evolutionary lines...

That's the only problem i have with variants. They're not as bad as Mega's for sure, but we already have a working system for pokemon that are very similar
>>
>>27571805
Frankly I'm pretty sure they did it for 2 reasons. First was the "pokemon variations" meme that got really popular a while ago. Second is that it's a way to add more pokemon without adding more dex spaces.I get the feeling gf is trying to avoid hitting 1000 for as long as possible.
>>
>different ears
Way to disprove your own strawman
>>
>>27571532
Use Ursaring

>>27572408
>it's the pokedex can only have 1k pokemon limit memer again
fuck off
>>
>>27571607
>nobody is saying this
>pfft 1 guy said it so what
backpedal harder
>>
>>27572588
lmao what
>>
>>27571947
>but we already have a working system for pokemon that are very similar
This is how I think too. I love the new designs, I just don't like how GF did the variant system.
>>
>>27571947
Except this way is genius, because (now that Pokemon Bank exists) it makes buying EVERY GAME mandatory.

Before, if you skipped a few gens, you could come back and be sure that filling your dex was possible since, in one way or another, all mons are available every gen (almost entirely, at least. Maybe not all the event mythical mons)

But the only reason to need to go back was for certain specific move tutor mons, which only mattered to obsessive competitive players.

Now, with regional variants, they can allow players to Catch Em All and fill their dex but still trigger their autism by making only some variants available each gen. Now you can complete your dex just fine by trading with current players, but good luck getting a Kanto-form Exeggutor without buying the VC RBGY games, since (just watch) all Exeggutors hatched in Alola are "adapted" to Alola and take the Alolan form.
>>
>>27572676
Exactly what I said.
>>
>>27572766
Exeggcutes will all be the same but evolving it in gen 6 will create normal exeggcutor whereas evolving exeggcute in gen 7 will create alolan exeggcutor
>>
>>27571516
Ya but it's still vulpix. They aren't calling it something different. What's the problem?
>>
File: Exeggutor-Alola.png (325KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Exeggutor-Alola.png
325KB, 1280x1280px
I for one am OUTRAGED that a palm tree is tall and thin! That doesn't make sense!
>>
>>27571149
Nobody is saying this. We pretty much all agree that darwinism is true and Alolan Vulpix is a clever idea.
>>
>>27572766
It's the exact same fucking thing, you're just wording it so it sounds like they're jewing you. And it's not.

Every new game has always had a bunch of select pokémon not available unless you trade for them. Same way there's a couple of version exclusives, and that's that.
>>
>>27572862
Exactly. And I'm sure hatching a Vulpix (even with non-Alolan parents) in Alola automatically makes Alolan form, AND I feel pretty confident evolving a non-Alolan Vulpix in Alola will still yield an Alolan Ninetales.

That's the genius of the "adapted" wording/logic. The only way to have a non-Alolan mon in Alola is to raise and evolve it in another game.
>>
File: 001859.jpg (271KB, 804x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001859.jpg
271KB, 804x1200px
>>27572937
Really doesn't make sense, right?
>>
File: 1443933685813.gif (450KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1443933685813.gif
450KB, 500x338px
>We want Delta Pokemon to be canon! Add them to the games already, Gamefreak!

>Gamefreak adds Delta Pokemon

>WOW GAMEFREAK LITERALLY RESKINS WHAT THE FUCK LAZY ASSHOLES POKEMON DEAD
>>
>>27572983
Yes but getting version exclusives is pretty easy with breeding mechanics because mons are easily replicable. Shit, most version mons got loaded into Wonder Trade routinely.

I'm saying the Alolan "adaptation" mechanics will almost certainly be crafted so that non-Alolan mons cannot be bred in Gen VII. That means they'll be slightly less difficult to score than version-exclusive legendaries.
>>
>>27572989
That's bullshit. It's basically the Pentagon all over again.
If you want them to have the Alola mark, you'd have to transfer them via bank, and breed them again. There's only two ways this will work out... Either Kanto Vulpix will always produce Kanto offspring, or there's a 50/50 chance Kanto/Alola Vulpix will produce either offspring.

With Exeggcute it gets trickier because it's a stone evolution, but it will be either a new item (Sun stone maybe) or location based.
>>
>>27573031
But nobody is saying that...
>>
>>27573103
No, see, that's how they manage balance without retcons. Just like how the TCG retires card generations from competition.

If you want to use Ninetales in competitive play (well, VGC play or whatever it is that follows Pentagon / Cross rules), you use Ice/Fairy Ninetales (or hope that regular Ninetales also exists in the game in a region that isn't snowy)

They let you keep your bro mons, hell if the Kanto Form rumors are true they're even unretconning certain changes for Gen I mons. But no more Drought Ninetales in VGC this year.

That's such a brilliant way of handling it, I mean it really is. Broken and overcentralizing mons can have oversights or miscalculations corrected in future generations without discarding/banning the mon. Meanwhile GF rakes in the cash from cross-generational sales when people decide they like Alolan Mimikyuu better than Geneightian Mimikyuu
>>
>>27572937
>OUTRAGED

Well, it is a Dragon type after all.
>>
>>27571516
1/10 bait you tried
>>
I love the variations. As long as it doesn't impact the numbers of new pokemon being added as heavily as megas impacted Gen VI, I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Hell, actually I should take that bit back anyway, because these variations are almost entirely new pokes in and of themselves. New designs, new typings, new movesets, new abilities. All we need is new stats and the only thing they're keeping is a similar look, and their name.

I mean, as long as it's not used so they can avoid making new pokemon for species that are very distinct, who gives a shit? Those foxes are basically Regular and Shiny variants.
>>
>>27573103
Maybe Exeggcute has an alola variant just like Exeggutor, so Alolan Exeggcute will always evolve into Alolan Exeggutor.
>>
>>27573831
Doubt it, since the trailer specifically showed a generic one evolving into the Alola variant. That's not an issue since they've done more complex stuff like evolving the Hitmons from a common preevo.

>>27573223
I get what you're saying. It's the same way that nobody got access to the genies or oddballs like Mandibuzz when the sixth Gen VGC took place. But that doesn't mean they weren't available at all within the generation.
At worst, we'll have to wait for the third version to get Alola-mark Kanto pokémon but that's highly unlikely.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.