[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyper Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 5

File: hypertraining.png (439KB, 733x312px) Image search: [Google]
hypertraining.png
439KB, 733x312px
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/max-out-your-pokemon-with-hyper-training
Will Hyper Training be good or bad for the games?
>>
>>27570677
Good because then I dont have to wait for people to code injection programs for the game
>>
>>27570677
It will be pretty much useless since the pokemon needs to be lvl 100, and by the looks of it, you won't be able to change natures

Breeding will still be faster and easier, making it irrelevant.
>>
Being able to max out IVs is good no matter what.
What remains to be seen is if it's locked behind some retarded mini game or Maison that makes it slower than breeding, or something even worse like microtransactions.
>>
>>27570677
The easier getting into competitive battling is the better.

More players in general, more hardcore players, more Pokemon games, more Pokemon, more moves, more abilities, more emphasis on balancing.
>>
>>27570677
Bad
>>
>>27570677
hyper training will finally lay to rest the patently and, let's be honest, on-a-basic-human-level offensive behavior of people still breeding Pokemon when injecting is available. People go on about autism here, but choosing to breed when you can inject and get literalt bit-for-bit identical results in one thousanth of the time is cripplingly autistic and hasn't been shamed enough here, or anywhere for that matter. This is Gamefreak's final, official rebuke of this behavior, as well as a general call to arms for people who have such friends to get them help if they continue on the path in the face of hyper training
>>
>>27570677
Good because I'll use my water/fairy in-game maid online. All I need to do is SR for a good nature at the start of the game.
>>
>>27570677
good because it makes competitive play more accessable
>>
Wow, do they have to be level 100? Fucking WHY?

It's like they wanted to take a step forward, but not too much of a step forward.
>>
>>27570715
>>27570715
>It will be pretty much useless

not for perfect shinies or legendaries.
>>
>>27570787

>cripplingly autistic

You're crippling autistic if you play Pokemon competitively, period.
>>
>>27570677
I am thinking that breeding is most likely more fun. And I worry that this will make most reasons for breeding pointless.
>>
>>27570787
>but choosing to breed when you can inject and get literalt bit-for-bit identical results in one thousanth of the time is cripplingly autistic and hasn't been shamed enough here, or anywhere for that matter.
Why play the game at all when you can just download 100% completed save files?
>>
>>27570677
I would have preferred if they removed IVs altogether, but this isn't a bad solution. Lv100 requirement is a nice compromise between wanting to make IVs controllable but still needing pokemon to have unique stats. Also it creates a reason to actually train your Pokemon to lv100 since before it was mostly pointless.
>>
>>27571074
not comparable, which you would know if you weren't autistic
>>
>>27570914

Same reason ability capsules are so expensive. It serves as a shiny unfucker primary. They don't want you using it for everything.
>>
>>27571174
look at tedious as breeding is some people don't like injection because they veiw it as cheating, its not but you won't change their views, and really breeding is retardedly easy now
>>
>>27571174
>not comparable
How is it not comparable? You're outright cheating to skip playing the game. It's the equivalent of hiring a Chinese NEET no lifer to level up your World of Warcraft character.
>>
'hyper' just makes me think of horrible fetish art and i haven't gotten past that hurdle yet

it's an interesting idea despite that, though
>>
>>27571392
Hyper Training just makes me think they wanted to call it Super Training, but realize that they've already used the term Super Training.
>>
>>27571346
it's the exact opposite you dumbfuck

injecting lets you start battling online immediately,
breeding forces you to slog through the egg lottery for however many hours or even weeks before you can do the same

breeding literally, factually means you will be playing the game less than injectors
>>
You'll only have to do it once, instant max IV Ditto is guaranteed.
>>
>>27571074
If you don't want to play the story and catch everything, why not? If you don't want to spend hours breeding for specific Pokemon stats, why not?
Both of them involve getting in to competitive battling without having to deal with things you may not enjoy, and as long as you're not using things that are unfair, I don't see the problem. You could argue "Go play Showdown instead", but why do that if you want to play the real game?

Maybe one day GF will add a competitive battling option in the menu as a seperate thing, allowing you to basically do what PS does. But until then, people that don't want to spend time breeding/hatching will find ways around it.
>>
>>27571346
injecting is not cheating because it doesn't make the game's difficulty no longer matters. the game was beaten the moment the player defeated the champion. Beyond that point, difficulty in obtaining strong Pokémon should not matter at all to the game, as it's not like they're being used to blow their way through the gyms or E4. All injecting does is bypass an arbitrary time sink that would typically be required to play the game at a competitive level.
>>
>Find a pokemon you like
>Don't want to grind for one with perfect stats
>Can play minigames and have fun with the added benefit of raising stats

It's 100% good, 0% bad. Now, if they had an option to randomize natures, that would be amazing.

>>27571471
>Cheating is fast
>Playing correctly is slower

No shit
>>
>>27571506
Injecting is cheating because you use an outside program to do something in a game (similar to Action Replay, Game Shark, Game Genie, etc). You're skipping gameplay and mechanics just so you can jump into the fray quicker. There's no sense of satisfaction here, either; you work hard (sort of) and get rewarded when you breed and finally get what you're after. Injecting just means you get it without any effort. Can you truly feel good knowing you're just handed something without earning it? The only answer is "no".
>>
>>27570753
I think with the number of pokemon and moves already available, it might be a better idea to embiggen teams to something like 7. I've never saw fit to raise more than 8 pokemon on a given playthrough of a game and when we're looking at something like 800 monsters for S&M it only makes sense to give players a chance to use more of them

the only possible downside I can see to this is that Stall teams gain an extra member for extra cancer
>>
>>27571471
>it's the exact opposite you dumbfuck
No it's quite similar. People purchase max levelled MMORPG accounts and or pay others to level their characters for them, so that they can jump straight into the end game party aspects of the games.
Skipping content, for the purpose of reaching specific content.

>>27571501
>>27571506
I am not saying that there aren't legitimate reasons to wanting to cheat. But it is still literally cheating.
I am not all crazy about it, cheat away if you so feel like it. Do it to your heart's content, just don't argue that isn't cheating. Cheating doesn't have to be utter taboo though, but it should still be recognized as cheating.
>>
File: cc8.jpg (49KB, 354x352px)
cc8.jpg
49KB, 354x352px
Injecting is literally the most justified cheating in video game history. Breeding takes literally no skill or effort, it's literally just holding left on your circle pad and grabbing an egg every couple of minutes. The funny thing is, a large majority of breeders used fucking hacked 31 IV Shiny Japanese Dittos, so they may as well fucking inject since they're already cheating.
>>
>>27571624
Oh, yeah, it's definitely cheating. It's cutting corners. I just don't have a problem with it all the time the results are what I can get from breeding. I've spent a lot of time breeding, and I don't get any satisfaction from it. Having to spend time releasing things that aren't the results I want, having to breed something to have a moveset so what I want to breed it with can have a move from that, it's not fun for me. Especially if the case arises where the thing I'm breeding is just massively outclassed by a couple of popular Pokemon.
I really don't want to put time in to that, and I definitely don't blame others that feel the same way. Of course you'll get the people that make them shiny and shit, which is lame, but I guess the same logic applies.
>>
Cheating in Pokemon is like cheating in Splatoon.
People do it to save time since the grind is kind of dull, but at the same time it's kind of lame to see everyone and their grandmother run around with perfect gear. Even though it doesn't really affect the game too much in practise.
>>
>>27570677
Good because people cheat to get perfect mons anyway. May aswell give non-cheaters a better chance too that doesn't take hours
>>
>>27571473

Everyone will have to trade for a ditto from a different region for max results.
>>
>>27572031
>from a different region
?
>>
>>27571624
>No it's quite similar.
It's not. Your original point was how it was comparable to downloading a 100% save file, which would mean that all there is to do in the game has already been done.

Injecting to get to play online ASAP or buying max level mmo characters to get to raid is not comparable to that point.
>>
>>27572074

Real world region I should have specified. Get someone from a foriegn game to trade you a ditto, get it to level 100, hyper train it, then bam, ultimate breeding tool thanks to the masuda method.
>>
>>27571669
>holding left and not right
Dumb fucker
>>
While injecting is definitely cheating, how do you fags feel about RNG abused mons?

Sure you're not editing any save files, but it's still clearly not what the devs had in mind.
>>
File: .0.gif (1MB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
.0.gif
1MB, 264x264px
>>27571669
>holding left on your circle pad
>>
File: 1469885779393.jpg (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469885779393.jpg
54KB, 600x600px
>>27571669
>holding left
>>
>>27570677
Please let it be better then the EV training.

EV training in X/Y was awful, always faster to do horde battle with macho brace/equivalent + pokerus
>>
>>27570787
If they have a circle area like in Lumiose, no real issue that I can see right now
>>
>>27572122
still using a 3rd party program to count frames, so in my eyes it's still cheating

if you rng without the use of the program I'd say it's fine
>>
>>27572098
>which would mean that all there is to do in the game has already been done.
No it doesn't. It means you've just skipped to the post game and the post grind.
>>
Hyper training will make breeding far less of a nightmare. Just get egg moves, nature and ability, box it and move on to the next poke. Whatever grinding is necessary to hyper train, at least it won't be bicycling.
>>
Can't people just not accept simply not having the best pokemon if you don't want to put in the necessary time to get them legitimately?
You say it's boring to do it legitimately? Ok, but then why not just accept not having the best pokemon? Or just play another game altogether.
>>
>>27572249

Super training is for fine tuning builds. You're not supposed to do all of it in ST.
>>
I'm kinda glad I'll be able to max out the ivs on my 100s. Alot of my team just have perfect ivs on their attacking stat and speed because im not autistic enough to go for perfect ivs.
>>
>>27572465

Buying both versions may be beneficial for utility purposes due to the new grinding needs. Chiefy for the bonus exp of raising Pokemon you aren't the OT for.
>>
>>27570677
They should've just revamped the system all together. I'll stick to injecting.
>>
The best solution to the whole problem will be to remove IVs from the game entirely

Full stop
>>
Good

Everyone just cheats perfect IVs right now because nobody wants to spend hundreds of hours riding their bike in circles for a perfect mon
>>
>>27570715
>Breed for the nature you want
>Raise to lv.100
>Start hyper training
Sorry you have the attention span of an ADHD goldfish but this isn't a problem. It's not like you don't find out the nature until you're level 100.
>>
>>27572632
Because in order to get the best Pokemon, you have to play Bike Simulator/Softreset a lot, which is very luck based. Is not that I don't want to spend the time, it's that I don't really want to spend that time on something so luck based as Breeding/Softreseting. I would argue that true skill in Competitive Pokemon comes from Team Building and Strategizing, which is something I do want to spend my time on.

Hence why I'm happy with Hyper Training. I rather train my Pokemon to Level 100 instead of Breeding because I think battling is more exciting to do.
>>
There's no negatives

it's not like a 10 year old will be a competitive badass in Smogon by knowing nothing but in game

The best you'll get out of people who don't know shit is Hyper Training their main story team
>>
>>27573550
>in Smogon
Fuck Smogon.
>>
>>27573461
>Raising to lvl 100
>When online defauts them to lvl 50 no matter what lvl you are
Are you actually retarded anon? By doing it that way you're wasting your time. By breeding you just need to EV train and teach it a few moves and you're done, much quicker and more efficient.
>>
>>27570715
keep telling yourself that breedfag
>>
>>27570677
>Implying grinding to 100 faster than breeding then grinding to 50
>>
>>27573936
I will have a full team by the time you people level a pokemon to lvl 100
>>
>>27571074
>breeding is fun
>>
>>27573943
Have fun breeding those Ditto and legendaries and 6 IV HA mons senpai
>>
>>27574351
>Not bringing your injected ditto from gen 6 to sun and moon
>>
>>27570715
>natures
Synchronize already exists, dummy.
>>
>>27574443
>injected

And therein lies the problem
>>
>>27570677
Good.

It means I can SR for a Mewtwo in FireRed merely for a good Nature, then send it through every game possible to collect all sorts of prestigious ribbons for it, and then finally give it perfect IVs in S/M.

I don't like that breeding is devalued but the ability to make old Pokémon viable is much more important.
>>
>>27573936
It's true though, breeding is still better if you have the tools. And since even 6IV Dittos will be easy to get, everyone has access to the best tools. You're also going to need to breed most of the time regardless because of egg moves and natures
>>
LMAO @ breedfags trying to say it takes longer to level up a Pokemon to 100 than it does to breed a perfect IV Pokemon

Fuck outta here retard
>>
>>27574959
>LMAO
you need to be 18 to post here
>>
It'll mostly be useful for shinies and legendaries.

It'll be faster to breed for 6iv anything else
>>
Remember the pre-cheat Pokemon world?
>>
>>27575090
No
>>
>>27575003

It'd probably be faster to do this to get a 6iv Ditto actually. Then you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>27575090

No.

I still remember cloning my Mewtwo six times in Silver so I could rape all my friends.

Or doing the Missingno glitch in Blue so I could level said mewtwo up to 100 with no effort at all.
>>
>>27575090
No.
Got into Pokemon at the height of Gen 1 Pokemania. Gamesharks were rampant, Missingno was common knowledge, and everyone was trying to cheat to get Mew, Marill and Togepi.

Pokemon players have always done everything in their power to cheat.
>>
>>27575090
I remember owning a BrainBoy so i could cheat for Yellow
>>
>>27570677
Hyper Training better let you lower IVs as well.
>>
>>27575090
Had a gameshark since gen 2. Are you new here?
>>
don't be a retard, of course it's good

autists need not apply, there's nothing deep, interesting or fun about hour upon hours of hatching eggs, you're not MLG you're a joke
>>
>>27572632
Because I want to play with optimal pokemon in PvP this isn't some autistic mmorpg grind train
>>
>>27578612
Do you cheat in the Souls games too?
>>
>>27570677
It would be great if you didn't have to grind to 100. That is nightmarish whether you do it through the sitter or manually. It still cuts down on the breeder autism and the need to inject, though.
>>
>>27575090
You're 16 years old at most.
>>
>Grinding to level 100 without Blissey bases or Audinos.
Yeah, good luck not wanting to shoot yourself afterwards.
>>
>>27570677

Good because this means I don't have to spend so much time catching legendaries (just get the correct nautre and done) and don't have to worry about my potential bred shinies being shit tier because they have the IVs in the wrong spots.

All this means is less time on Triathlon Simulator 2016 and thats all but a negative for me.
>>
>>27570715

Not unless they get rid of Destiny Knot or make it unavaiable until the next releases
>>
>>27581432
It'll take like 3-4 hours or something probably.

>I shouldn't have to put in any effort in an RPG!

kys
>>
What does it do exactly?
Gives you good IVs?

Cause all my Pokemon are level 100 with good natures and shit already.
>>
>>27582538
Lets you max IVs using a currency of some kind
>>
>>27582565
That's handy as fuck, I can't be bothered IV breeding anyway.
Hopefully it's not a pain to get it.
>>
>>27570677
The fact that it's gated at level 100 and another cost means your probably better off breeding anyway.

Remember that super training is worse than horde training with an ev item and a much worse when you factor in pokerus.

This is probably going through the last stages of hidden power OR taking shinies and legends to their final forms. No one is going to be building their final teams on this alone.
>>
>>27570677
It will be good. It doesn't invalidate proper breeding, and it lets you salvage legendaries and shinies. It gives more control to the players in-game, instead of leaving that gap where you would have been better off hacking instead.

John Gamefreak>John Hanke
>>
File: 1455754815911.png (116KB, 209x268px) Image search: [Google]
1455754815911.png
116KB, 209x268px
>>27572343

>RNG without the use of programs

That is not possible....

>>27570787

This has to be bait, nobody is this much of a narcissist, but I cant help but respond anyway.

Scum like you are the reason I can't take this game seriously on a competitive level anymore. You find it "on-a-basic-human-level offensive" that some people would have the decency to refuse to cheat? Who the fuck are you to criticize how people enjoy their time? I couldn't give a rats ass about how people get their pokemon but the fact that you have to act superior because you skipped some gameplay mechanics and saved a few hours is disgusting and, for lack of a better word, on-a-basic-human-level offensive.

tldr; fuck you
>>
>>27570677

All it will do is allow people to correct flaws in shinies they got or one of/event pokemon that didn't quite cut it.

It'll be extremely useful to those ends though
>>
But don't you play online as all level 50s?
>>
Literally just finding out about hyper training now. So I could take m Blastoise from my eShop Blue playthrough, and get him perfect IV's?
>>
>>27571608
>embiggen
Ayyy, I getchou, Ms. Marvel
>>
>>27570677
Good because I can max out all my bros going back to gen 3.

Makes all my pokemon useful
>>
>>27575090
never existed, I've been playing online for 7 years, and kids used action replays at my school
>>
Good because you can now worry about HAs and Natures as a primary in breeding (also genders where it applies), but getting penta-perfect isn't high priority since you now fix an iffy stat here and there.

Allows for perfect IV one-time only mons, i.e. Legendaries

Lets your best PvE bros become competitively viable (not perfect, but viable)

Makes 100 a significant number and allows certain mons to "go beyond" it, which is cool.

I imagine I won't be using it, but simply having it as an option is peace of mind.
>>
>>27570677
No more chain breeding for hours on end? Sign me up!
>>
I don't get why people are saying that this is somehow gonna be a replacement for breeding or that breeding somehow makes this useless. Surely the idea is to use them both in conjunction. I know I've been annoyed a bunch of times when I've bred a shiny and it's just one or two IVs short. Now I don't have to just stick my thumb up my ass and make do or have to start over, I can just use hyper training to sort out the IVs that are short. Sure, injecting is probably the simplest and easiest method of them all but I can't be fucked to learn how to do it, and also I do honestly sometimes find the breeding process kind of fun, it's a really cool moment when all your grinding pays off and you get exactly what you want.
>>
>>27584306
I don't think the average kid had an action replay.
>>
>>27586014
I was 12 in 2007, 2 guys I knew who played Pokemon had them, they use to trade hacks to people.
>>
>>27584426
this. I imagine breeding will be faster, or at least people will do it anyway because they're used to it. But you can't re-breed a shiny without having to spend godawful amounts of time, and you can't breed legendaries at all, so that's who Hyper Training is really for I think. You could also possibly IV train your starter, if you want to keep using it or something.

I just wonder if there'll be a way to change natures.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.