[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE FINAL CONFRONTATION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1460994069912.jpg (40KB, 726x381px) Image search: [Google]
1460994069912.jpg
40KB, 726x381px
THE DAY OF RECKONING IS AT HAND

>Back when 3rd Gen was still "current".
>Playing through the games, havin' a blast. I'd play against my buddies, and felt like I was pretty good.
>Didn't know shit about IVs or EVs, or even what the natures did. I'd just come up with different movesets with type coverage, and experimented to see what worked.
>Older brother actually played competitive back then.
>He'd use his OU Perfect IVs/EVs team against me every time.
>He'd kick my ass for hours, before I'd get tired of it and decide to build a different team
>He'd always talk shit after I'd be done. "Dude, you're just a quitter."
>Even though we literally just did 12 matches. After 12 losses in a row, anyone would be considering switching their team.
>Basically gave me the equivalent of "Git Gud!"

Faster Forward to now.
>Last night, talking with my bro about monster breeding games.
>He mentions how I used to "Get mad and quit" whenever I'd play against him.
>He hasn't played a Pokemon game since 3rd Gen.
>He claims he could go purchase ORAS right now, and stomp me at the end of next week.
>His challenge was accepted...

I've already got an idea of what Pokemon I'm going to use, and what movesets I'm going for.
What would your team look like in this scenario?
>>
Just copy/paste competitive teams and inject them.

Or minimize spam and be a dick.
>>
File: wojak ends it.png (861KB, 1059x962px) Image search: [Google]
wojak ends it.png
861KB, 1059x962px
>>27569709
>tfw it's the same for me and my older sister
I lost to her karenfag teams
>>
>>27569709
>>27569782
This, get a cheap ass VGC team

Xerneas, Smeargle, Groundon, M-Kang, Cresselia, whatever.

He'll bitch about legendaries, and you can be like, VGC, this is Nintendo's official rule set. If you don't like it you're a whiny bitch.
>>
>>27569861
He's already bitched about Legendaries, actually.

Even though, I distinctly remember him using a ridiculous setup on a Mew back in the day. He's always send it out first, and Spike/buff/pass.
>>
>>27569966
Well, like I said, tell him you play by Nintendo's rules, and they have changed over time to make the game better.
>>
>>27569709
me on the right
>>
What format are you using? 6v6, 3v3, VGC Doubles?
>>
>>27570194
6v6

All Pokémon will be allowed except the following: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.

Teams may have no more than one of the following Pokémon: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

All items will be allowed except Soul Dew. Each Pokémon must hold a different item.
>>
>>27570303
>>27570303
Make a batonpass team with Groundon (Physical) and something with good coverage/special to sweep at the end
Magic Bounce Espeon w/calm mind, Psyshock, Baton pass, reflect or light screen
Baton Pass Scoliopede with whatever Scoliopede runs.
Baton Pass Drifblim w/ sub, minimize, disable/Will-o-Wisp
Primal Groundon, Precipice blades, Swords dance, Fire punch, Protect or coverage

Something with high special that can beam/bolt, and gets good type coverage, maybe Starmie, good coverage, high speed, can have rapid spin.

Maybe M-Gardevoir or Clefairy to fuck up his likely dragons.

Whatever, Baton pass shenanigans are fun as hell.
>>
I got goosebumps reading that
>>
>>27569709
Get an Aegislash in there and toxic stall that mofo.
>>
>>27569709
You are probably going to get your ass kicked so I recommend you just get a full team of shit pokemon so you can claim you weren't really trying when I beat you.
>>
File: Forces_of_Nature.png (296KB, 796x350px) Image search: [Google]
Forces_of_Nature.png
296KB, 796x350px
Give a good old-fashioned smogon handshake
>>
>>27569709
You could beat him with all sorts of shit. Klefki alone would probably cause him problems. If he hasn't played since Gen 3, there's loads he's unfamiliar with.
>>
just go with megamom, primal groudon, smogonbird, smogonkeys, smogonfrog, and smogonsword
>>
File: 1377915891060.gif (21KB, 150x160px) Image search: [Google]
1377915891060.gif
21KB, 150x160px
>>27569709
>He hasn't played a Pokemon game since 3rd Gen.
>competitive fag

gee I wonder why
>>
Man your brother was a fucking faggot. Sounds like he still is. Inject a baton pass team like >>27570937 suggested and fuck his shit up.

My older brother was cool as shit to me growing up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.