[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do your parents think of Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

File: kang.png (68KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kang.png
68KB, 250x250px
What do your parents think of Pokemon?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFU2HL-PQNo
>>
>>27566970
My mom started playing Go a week or so after I downloaded it and is now only a couple levels below me despite never walking around (she's literally almost bedridden.) I tried to get her to play a mainline game when I was younger but she told me "I don't like having to read all that."

Take that as you will.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po0Sujc_nR4
>>
>>27566970
They're careless about the games. Tell me i should quit them when i visit them. Tell them to fuck off. I am a man, dammit.
>>
Mum doesn't play any vidya
Dad is was only into car games, but he hasn't played any vidya for years
>>
>>27566970

Lovely mother Pokémon.
>>
Mom played a couple pokemon games. Don't remember which. I think platinum was one of them.
>>
>>27566970
Father currently played through Y, Omega Ruby and is doing Alpa Sappire for the hell of it since it came free.

Currently he's a sunfag before the exclusive Mons are revealed.
>>
>>27567705
And did a few of the genwun games, forgot about that.
>>
>>27566970
My parents aren't the best when it comes to technology (they're a few years shy of 60) so of course they've never played any of them. However my mom was always okay with it. She'd buy me the games for my birthday or Christmas and she'd let me watch the anime. She just thinks the idea of Pokémon is really cute and sweet. The only one she knows is Pikachu though. I remember running up to show her something I did that was cool and she'd play along and act like it was the coolest thing ever. I'm probably autistic, I know.
>>
My parents only know gen 1 and a little of gen 2. They don't mind me liking Pokémon. Their favorite is Gengar.
>>
File: 1400458744964.jpg (290KB, 1141x1213px)
1400458744964.jpg
290KB, 1141x1213px
They don't really care, there is no reason for them to do so. At worst I will get a playfull joke about it but they have never berated me for liking it.
>>
They never played, but my mother used to watch the show with us when we were younger.

My father doesn't care, but for him, he see it just as a hobbie, my mother even has some favourites.

My older brother just bought a 3DS with OR and is waiting for SM. He played older versions but for different reasons it never get his hands on a console.
>>
>>27566970
>parents
dude im fucking 30
>>
Mom thinks it's funny that I like it as an adult more than as a child, dad's busy being a corpse.
>>
>>27566970
nothing,they never played or anything,they probably dont know its a game either
its okay i guess
>>
They both know I was obsessed with it as a kid. The subject has never come up as an adult. Idk if they're aware it still exists.
>>
>>27566970
Used to think it's kid stuff until GO came out and all the normies in their 20s started playing it
>>
>>27566970
When I was 10 they called them "japanese devils".
Now I'm 26 and they don't care anymore.
>>
>>27567875
and we all miss your parents
>>
>>27567985
Hispanic detected
>>
>>27568012
Actually rusfag slavshit
>>
Mom:Don't understand, care about, or have any general opinion about it.

Dad:Drug addict who I purposely avoid, no idea
>>
>>27567705
I wish my dad played. We used to play Mario and Donkey Kong on the SNES way back in the day, but nothing else.
>>
they never played but my mom likes pikachu
>>
My dad recalls me saying I'd always love pokemon at age 7 followed by 10 years of not giving a fuck until I bought a used DS and platinum on impulse
>>
I lived with my grandparents and they absolutely hated it. They frequently said that buying me Pokemon was the single biggest mistake they ever made. I was actually banned from watching the TV show, my granddad actually hit me once when he came downstairs one morning and I was watching TV, and I wasn't even watching Pokemon at that time. That's how fucking paranoid they were about it. My grandmother was also salty about it because "it's a boy thing that girls shouldn't be interested in". Joke's on her because I came out as trans a few years later
>>
>>27566970
My dad caught almost every pokemon in Platinum but hasn't played one since
My mom knows all the basic pokemon and for some reason Poliwhirl
>>
my dad calls every single "Lub-bah-saur" after hearing the name Bulbasaur and thinking it was funny.

Used to rile me up as a kid.
>>
My mom never really cared for it, it was just a thing I spent too much time on. Now she plays go a little bit. Her favorites are pikachu and horsea.

Dad is dead.
>>
>>27566970
They're religion-fags
''THEY'RE DIGITAL DEMONS''
>>
>>27566970
My Mam thinks it's a really cute series and has always supported my interest in it. My Dad likes Snorlax.
>>
>>27568449
Religion is cancer
>>
My mom played the card game when I was younger (like six, when it first came out), and played HeartGold when it came out. She's been playing Go, and she's thinking about getting SM since I'll be getting it for myself and my daughter. You know, a family thing.
My dad is dead, so...
>>
File: 1465558725261.jpg (67KB, 400x425px) Image search: [Google]
1465558725261.jpg
67KB, 400x425px
>>27568489
>>
>>27568449
Yeah,i'm mexican
>>
My mom hated it back in the 90s when "Pokemania" was at its all-time high

She still doesn't like it but i think she's starting to appreciate it a little more now that my young cousin is into shit Skylanders and Minecraft.
>>
>>27568452
My mom likes snorlax. She called him the stay puft marshmallow
>>
>>27566970
My dad technically introduced me to Pokémon when he bought Stadium in early 2000. He blazed through the whole thing using Nidoking. He hasn't played any games at all in 15 years and my mother doesn't really care at all.
>>
>>27568537
that's adorable, anon
>>
my dad is a hunter so sometimes he would sing "gotta shoot em all, put em on my wall" but otherwise he's neutral

my mom liked them and played through blue back in the day, she hasn't played any newer games though

interestingly enough I have a small beanie-baby type doll of snorlax and my cat who is now about 16 really likes it. He always meows loudly with it in his mouth. We have to hide it sometimes or he wakes up the whole house.
>>
my moms cool with it. And why wouldn't she be? She knows video games aren't just for children and she knows full well how obsessed I've been with Pokemon since 1996. My dad? He doesn't really give a shit but is probably thinking "that boy ain't right" while shaking his head and moving on with his life because it's not that big a deal in the scheme of things.
>>
>>27568637
Actually my dad is as big a nerd as I am so even if he doesn't understand Pokemon I don't see why he wouldn't be okay with it at all. At most he's probably sick of it from having to watch the anime with me all the time as a kid
>>
My mom plays Pokémon GO sometimes but nothing more.
My dad used to play Pokémon Emerald all the time a few years ago. After that he didn't play games at all. With GO however he became interested again and is currently playing Black. He always happily tells me stuff like "Anon, I finally got that blue deer legendary!" Makes me smile
>>
>>27567375
I know spanish, and hes fucking stupid.
>>
My mom loves a lot of the spinoff games (picross, rumble, go). The only mainline game she's played is Yellow.
>>
File: 1460623794886.jpg (58KB, 461x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460623794886.jpg
58KB, 461x450px
My mom remembers some gen 1 pokemon, dad never cared about games.
>few weeks ago with mom
>start talking about pokemon
>ask her if she remembers who was my favorite
>she remembered it was poliwhirl
Made me happy she remembered, still my fav.
>>
>>27566970
My mother used to play it. She thought it was too addicting.
>>
>>27568214
Poliwhirl seems to be a mom favorite for some reason.
>>
>>27566970
mom likes it don't know where dad is
>>
>>27568844
Just look at this guy, he screams pussy slayer.
>>
>>27568844
I couldn't say what is THE favourite of my mother, but in the group of Pokémon she liked, Poliwhirl isn't on the list.
She likes Charmander, but not Charizard since it was an asshole in the first season.
Also Lapras, Vulpix, Phanpy, Torchic and Aggron for some reason.
>>
>>27568953
>aggron was voted /vp/s husbando
>>
>>27569041
Yeah, by like, four barafags.
>>
Just something we "kids" talk about
>>
>>27568844
He was one of the more heavily used mons in marketing in gen 1 (outside of the obvious ones) I think
>>
>>27566970
I showed my mother the new vulpix
She said it's super cute
>>
>The only Pokemon they know by names are Pikachu and Jigglypuff

>Wonders where all my old Pokemon cards went

>can't believe we ever spent to much money on those cards

>Thinks Pokemon the First Movie from 1999 was incredibly stupid
>>
When I was a little boy, my dad had to draw tons of pokemon art for me and we even made some sculptures together.
He is a traditional artist, so everything ended up looking great.
I kinda miss those days, but I'm pretty sure he would still draw stuff for me if I'd ask him to, even though I'm 23.
>>
Dad teases me about it because I tease him for his anime obsession. He's a 50 year old black man, for context

Mom doesn't really care.
>>
File: 4.jpg (48KB, 500x500px)
4.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>mom saw me buying X
>"You're still into this pikachu thing? Grow up already you're 22"
>>
My birthday is in 3 days and my mom ordered a Wigglytuff cake, since she knows it's my favorite Pokémon.
>>
>>27568449
I don't get this. I know fucking Jehova's Witnesses who played Pokemon. How religious are they?
>>
>>27566970
My mom likes it, thinks its cute that I still hold onto a childhood interest that she has fond memories of me with. She introduced me to the series to start with the anime.

Dad liked it, bought me my first game boy and a copy of Pokemon Blue. Caught him at times playing my games growing up.
>>
File: Honchkrow.png (36KB, 326x350px)
Honchkrow.png
36KB, 326x350px
My dad likes Honchkrow.
>>
my mom loves pikachu and is fully understanding of how pokemon is pretty big thing for a lot of people my age. she actually bought tickets for us to go see the symphony.

my dad always talks about how he loves
hearing me and my brother talk about pokemon

my stepdad doesnt really get it but hes cool with it.
>>
>>27570110
He's also happy you turned out to be a fedora-lord too
>>
>>27566970
They don't get it at all, my mom straight up doesn't give two shits and thinks it's stupid. My dad makes an effort to understand my interests, and sent me a picture of a Henry vacuum cleaner pretending to have caught it in GO. I don't play GO, but it was pretty funny.
>>
>>27570110
Your dad has better taste than the underage meme posters on this board such as >>27570153
>>
>>27566970
its worse than cancer and is the stupidest thing since free health care.
my parent is a fucking fossil
>>
My parents are fine with it. They don't give a fuck what I like or do, as long as I enjoy myself.
>>
File: frog-sad.jpg (29KB, 424x450px) Image search: [Google]
frog-sad.jpg
29KB, 424x450px
They're the kind that freak out whenever they even hear about vidya in general and naturally Pokemon gets lumped in with the rest.
They think of it as a waste of time and a distraction from cultural enrichment. Just one hour of vidya is enough for them to scream addiction and draw the "it'll ruin your career" card, even though I found myself to play less and less Pokemon as my schedule gets increasingly busy and my enthusiasm dwindles.
I am well on my way to become a normie and I'm scared of this thought.
>>
My dad thought it was fucking stupid and putting my head in the clouds. He was probably right. I feel uneasy going into the cemetary for pokemon go stuff knowing he's there.

My mom thinks it's great that i'm so passionate about something I like, and she tries to seem supportive, but bless her, it's so obvious she's only pretending to think it sounds interesting. I don't go out of my way to talk to her about it, she just wants to seem like she cares so she asks me about it first.
>>
my dads favourite is lickitung
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.