[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gen 8 is based in a typical fantasy RPG setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 973337-bigthumbnail.jpg (129KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
973337-bigthumbnail.jpg
129KB, 450x281px
How would you feel about this? What would you want to see?
>>
>>27563849
It won't be as bad as sausage mcgee the friendly tiger
>>
>>27563849
I would love it. IF it was open world.
>>
>>27563849
A Brazillian corrupted region as a Dark Kingdom controlled by an Overlord while people live in the plague and poverty

Also different species of same pokemon. Gen 7 had a great idea in that
>>
>>27563849
yeah would love a medieval setting, go back in time to like the first pokeballs or something.
>>
>No Porygon
>No Magmemite/Megneton
>No Muk/Grimer
>No Voltorb/Electrode
>No Electabuzz
>No Mewtwo

The genwunners would probably off themselves if this game came to be. I never realised just how many Pokemon relied on modern technology.
>>
>>27563954
If such a concept ever came to fruition, the Pokemon you mentioned would probably have an alternate "medieval" form or some shit in order to fit the games. For example, Muk/Grimer could just be mud instead of sludge.

Or maybe a fucking time machine could be implemented somehow.
>>
>>27563954
Electabuzz? How?
>>
i don't feel like there will be a gen 8 or it's way too early for suggestions.
but it'll be great if we can have a gen based on a different pokemon world/dimension like the distortion world or something alike.
>>
File: me and my dad.png (637KB, 699x713px) Image search: [Google]
me and my dad.png
637KB, 699x713px
>>27563849
Amazing

I'd like to see some aspects of Pokémon cultures, settlements, or civilisations — such as discovering a Pokémon village or some sort of structure / domain created and maintained by certain Pokémon. You'd be able to interact with the Pokémon here as with other npc's and of course battle some of the Pokémon, perhaps in a similar fashion to the totem mons we're getting in SM. Picture your character walking into a cross between PMD and somewhere like the Goron or Zora areas in the LOZ series.

A major plot point / gimmick could be the connection between humans / pokémon and how it has changed / degraded over time, perhaps this has started happening and Pokémon are becoming more 'feral' and less 'civilised' what we would define as feral/civilised at least.

Magic— if there were mechanics / items relating to magic as we've traditionally had with technology. Magic + tech could be combined, the plot could be your character has been sent back in time / to a parallel dimension, and although utilising the magical attributes of this era/world, still maintains some kind of technological link to the 'present'.

Annnnnd a dating sim for muh fantasy waifu fug plox. That is all.
>>
>>27563954
see >>27563991 and >>27564010
if there was a time machine or portal between worlds, modern Pokémon could potentially appear in this era/world — either because of inter-dimensional hi-jinx or because they have a fantasy/medieval form
>>
>>27563954
>>27563991
Magnemite was present in the AZ flashback
That's why I hate pokemon based on items, they make no sense lore-wise
>>
>>27563997
>i don't feel like there will be a gen 8

ah, the good old "game freak stopped liking money and this gen is the last gen" meme
>>
>>27564062
>"or it's too early for suggestions"
ah, some people lack comprehension skills bullcrap.
>>
>>27564056
>That's why I hate pokemon based on items, they make no sense lore-wise
But a guy who was alive for 3000 years is okay?
>>
File: 1463183236698.jpg (527KB, 1729x638px) Image search: [Google]
1463183236698.jpg
527KB, 1729x638px
>>27563997
>i don't feel like there will be a gen 8

There will
>>
>>27564118
alola has a culture history as well, what's with the categorization?
>>
>>27564118
>implying Sinnoh Isn't culture/history
>>
>>27563849
You know what, this made me excited for the possibilities the future has for us. Now that Gamefreak has broke free from the formula, the Pokémon franchise could go some really, really, interesting places. Even if it was basically the "same" (defeat powerful trainers, become some sort of champion) it would still be fresh as hell.
>>
File: 1409221465339.jpg (49KB, 394x386px) Image search: [Google]
1409221465339.jpg
49KB, 394x386px
>>27564136
>hawaii
>history
>>
>>27564056
>I hate pokemon based on items, they make no sense lore-wise

jesus fuck watch it with that autism
>>
>>27564184
Do your research on the kingdoms of Hawaii
before you start posting shitty memes.
>>
>>27564194
What does autism have to do with anything bias?
>>
>>27564232
I mean compared to France or Japan
>>
>>27564056
Did you watch Yo-kai watch? Anything can be possessed.
>>
Could be the best or worst region design. A region that isn't limited to a real world setting for a basis has a lot of potential.
>>
>>27563995
A few of its Pokedex descriptions say it lives in power plants, and gets most of its energy from them. I can only presume an Electabuzz wouldn't last 5 minutes before electricity was available so easily.

Then again, it could get its power from lightning storms, so I don't know. In any case, its concept relies heavily on modern technology, so its hard to imagine it living in ancient times. Heck, it's pre-evo is literally the shape of a wall plug.
>>
>>27563849
I've played enough RPGs with generic medieval European fantasy settings for one lifetime. There isn't really anything out-of-the-box you could do with that setting anymore. At most you'd just be replacing typical RPG mooks with pokemon counterparts.

A setting that isn't touched often enough is post-medieval fantasy. I'd love to see how one could incorporate steampunk bullshit into the Pokemon universe.
>>
>>27564118
>cold
doubt this will be the connection. probably something like "religious themes" or "creationist mythos"
>>
>>27564184
>Alola history, lore and culture

>not a league again, island challenge
>Top Kek gods
>totem pokemon
>Kahunas
>pokeriders instead HMs
>unique regional variations for pokémon
>traditional dances that unlock a great power with power gems (Z moves)
>>
>>27564307
It would be out of the box for Pokémon, though.
It would have a completely different aesthetic and feeling from any Pokémon game ever before.

Would be amazing if starting from Alola, you got different challenges and different settings and times for Pokémon main games. Medieval Pokémon, Steampunk Pokémon... not creative enough to think of other settings but I'm sure there are.
>>
>>27564487
Even if it's out of the box for Pokemon it'll still feel like a generic fantasy RPG with Pokemon in it. If they use a typical fantasy setting it should be like visiting an ancient European country in the current time period.

That being said, medieval and steampunk inspired Pokemon would be great additions to the series.
>>
>Pokemon are kept in crystals that go across the trainer's belt
>the crystals change color to the type of Pokemon that was caught

>Inns with mages and Pokemon like Chansey, Blissey and Audino in them instead of Pokemon centers

>A lot less towns and cities, and a lot more rural countryside and other explorable areas

>Pokemon League is a huge battle arena (sort of like the anime)

I can imagine the world so clearly. I want this so badly.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.