[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Future of Pokemon Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: IMG-20160804-WA0031.jpg (40KB, 478x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160804-WA0031.jpg
40KB, 478x768px
This tread is to share your thoughts on how do you think Pokemon Go would evolve in the future. Feel free to imagine yourself out in the street playing Pokemon Go, but due within 1 year. Bring your best ideas.
>>
It's crashing down and it won't stop until it hits the ground.
Niantic is fucking retarded
>>
>>27559402
They will release gen 2
The oversaturation of different pokemon coupled with the now harder to catch pokemon will make it nearly impossible to catch something specific and a pain in the ass to level any farther
It will make a comeback for the release of gen 2 and then will die and stay permanently dead
I gave up on it when living in a shit suburb made catching even a pidgey impossible
>>
I havent' played in 2 days. I was really having fun until the update, but now this game is dead to me

I'm a pokemaniac, so if you have lost my interest you have lost the worlds interest
>>
>>27559402
>gen 2 pokemon AT LEAST
>battle with friends
>tracking comes back and shows a general direction
>shiny pokemon
>legendary pokemon require an item you find or buy, the pokemon will come to you and you get a chance to catch it
>>
>>27559402
At the rate Niantic is fucking up the game with each "update", this game won't last to fall. Taking out the tracking and sweeping it under the rug instead of fixing it like any developer with a brain would have done honestly should have killed this game, but
>muh nostalgia
Niantic can suck a thousand cocks.
>>
>>27559456
>>27559497
>>27559558
You know what
I'm honestly happy to see other people sick of this shit too
I was actually excited for this shit when it was announced
Now every day that goes by and the game gets worse I'm just fucking loving it
I can't wait for all my fuckface friends to stop playing this shit and come back to games that aren't mobile faggotry
>>
First week or so was fun, then it was boring, then it was broken
I deleted it and don't even slightly regret it
>>
The game is way too superficial, people are going along with all the hype around. I've been playing pokemon since blue version and never got tired of it. The later gens gave us a vast meta with ev's, iv's, breeding. And even the online simulators brought a more direct path to pure competitive gameplay.
With pokemon go I got tired of it after a couple of days, not really sure why, it just didnt really got me.
>>
>>27559402
For the launch of Sun and Poon, they introduce alolan varients of the original 151 which are able to be transfered to the games. Before that they introduce trading and pokemon centers. Some time next year, they crank out new mons, not gen 2 though. It's a mix of pokes from misc generations rolled out gradually every month or so to keep interest going. It's a stretch, but at one point they'll redo the entire battle system and base it around the turn based combat from the games.
>>
I uninstalled it 10 days ago. It's shit.
>>
>>27559402
We will probably see another spike in popularity as people return to school but I've said it before, the real test will be late fall/winter and it's cold/rainy/snowy weather.
No one will want to go outside to play go. Normies will have no reason to play it and get tired of the grind while faithful fans will be too busy playing Sun/Moon.
>>
They're updating it 8 Aug according to their Twitter, hinting at addressing the tracker and the catch rate.
>>
all the normies have stopped pretending they like pokemon and the game is dead. everyone is talking about gen 7 exclusively

and this normie mobile shit finally be purged from the front page of /vp/
>>
I'm really happy sincen non-Pokemon-fan people are deleting the app. It really holds the real Pokemon fans. Although some Poke Fans are deleting it too because of the issues Niantic has, it's pretty sad.
>>
i heard Niantic is kind of just BSing the updates lately so they can work on "harry potter go" or something. i still have fun with it, but just cus it's an excuse to hang out with irl friends and go outside for once haha
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1242x2208px
>>27559402
The game was incomplete, overly-simplified, and pointless from the beginning, and now it's just broken. This will be remembered in textbooks as one of the biggest business blunders of the decade. Niantic had the world eating out of their hands with this shitty Ingress reskin, and they completely blew it somehow. I might open the app again when they have another update, but this was my game when I tried it last night.
>>
>>27559402
people in temperate climates will stop playing when winter comes and won't bother to pick it up again in the spring
>>
>>27559402
It was cool to live the pokemania once more but it wont last the summer. To me honestly pokemon go is lacking the most important element in a pokemon game, starting your game with a weak pokemon, get attached to it and train it to bethe strongest. Iam level 11 and everyone told me from the beginning, as I later figured it out myself, that its inconvienent/ useless to evolve and power up until level 20. So iam supposed to just grinding exp by catching pokemon and hatching eggs but its a tedious and boring process, I dont feel that pokemon feel at all. Its like playing the same f2p shitty mobile game that tries to trigger your autism so you buy stuff.
>>
File: 1470365478017.png (60KB, 597x385px) Image search: [Google]
1470365478017.png
60KB, 597x385px
NO MORE CHEATS
>>
>>27560591

There will be a drop but plenty of people play whilst travelling to work or walking their dog, that wont change.
Playing from lures will definitely increase
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-00-56-07-1.png (194KB, 1148x1863px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-00-56-07-1.png
194KB, 1148x1863px
Game sucks now. None of my friends are still playing either.
>>
>>27559465
Niantic won't shell out money for gen 2 license. Nintendo will certainly try to sell it for considerably more than the basic license, seeing how much money it made, but Niantic knows well people who care about GO for the most part don't give a fuck about later generations.
Of course Niantic won't admit they don't have plans for more generations, instead they'll just bullshit about them coming in the future updates.
>>
>>27559402
It's already been said, but this shit is going to have a real hard time surviving the winter in its current state, there isn't jack shit to do with what you catch other than loitering around obscure monuments furiously tapping your phone so you can collect a daily welfare check, the game will need something of a purpose to at least stabilize, whether it's trading/battling with friends, NPCs or even dumb gimmicky shit like AR amie or something

At the moment it's pretty damn pointless unless you're playing it a lot with someone else, at least then you can compare mons or just shoot the shit while having an excuse to drive around and explore the town.
>>
>>27560652
>Trusting in Hanke

Ingress player here, chances are he will likely ban more legit players than actual botters because they cannot be bothered to look into actual reports of cheating and instead rely on a shitty coded algorithm to do the banning for them automatically.

They did that with Ingress, and we still have no less in spoofing/botting here. If anything the numbers only went up more while actual player numbers went down. No one wants to deal with bots/spoofers or deal with possibly being on the ban list because their shitting coding could not detect a difference between GPS sync lag and actual mock location manipulating.

Niantic does banning for actual cheaters like US Police do for upholding the law by shooting random ass people breaking no laws.
>>
>>27561139

I dont care how sloppy it is I just want to watch the fallout from all the salty spoof fags who will proclaim their innocence.
>>
>>27560694
Why would Nintendo try selling them the license? Wouldn't it be The Pokémon Company that does that?
>>
>>27561197
They probably won't care. It's not hard to reach a point where you're better than the legitimate players.
>>
>>27561197
>Salty
>Spoof and/or botters

Does not work that way. Back in Ingress if their accounts get banned they will have another 5 to 10 up and running again within a few hours, if even that. Botters care less as do Spoofers, because they do not put their time and effort into playing and dedicating themselves into the game like the legit ones do. Its an entirely different mentality that Niantic and others that support them are simply too daft to realize or understand.

You cannot kill botters or Spoofers, you want them to stop you have to make the game engaging enough to want to actually get them out of the house and play. If you cannot do that then they will just continue playing it their way and having no care about the potential bans that may or may not come their way. That is the mentality that they have.
>>
>>27561396
Whoever is holding the rights to licensing Pokemon related stuff, with Nintendo most likely taking a huge part in negotiations.
>>
>>27559402
It has the normie audience, it already made a profit.

What I'm sick of is my friends who never played past the GBA era complaining about "hipsters who've never heard of pokemon suddenly pretending that they're into it"
>>
>>27561197
I don't understand how anyone can still play without spoofing. I live in a well populated town but the only decent thing that spawns here are jynx and scyther. The only reason I still have interest is by spoofing to nests in other cities.
>>
>>27561777
>Jynx and Scyther

You lucky bastard. The rarest thing that spawns here is Jigglypuff.

And a Dratini on the very edge of town once in a blue moon.
>>
>>27560591
Australiafag here. Can confirm. I stopped playing the game after like, a week. Not worth the effort of going outside in cold weather to walk around and play a bug-infested game.
>>
>>27561464
This right here. After the first couple of weeks actually going out to parks and shit with friend. We all started to realize that the actual game sucked, and it wasn't really worth the effort. Now the game is broken worse than before and without tracking. I spoofed to the pier, to Central Park, and a few other places. Never even been soft banned, either way I don't care. I barely spent any money on it anyway. Scene is dead in my local area.
>>
>Make it harder to catch things
>Increased the chance of things running

Could they make it any more obvious that they did that shit simply to get more people to spend money buying pokeballs?

Also I'm pissed they essentially shut down pokevision. According to something Niantic said they making it seem like Pokevision is to blame for how long it takes for the game to fully launch worldwide? Either way I'm pissed.
>>
>>27562455
>New updates: ever feel like being a Pokemon Trainer alone isn't enough?
>DLC to make your game just like Safari Zone and trot along your neighbourhood as though you're a Pokemon Ranger!
>$1.99 for 30 Safari Balls, 30 Baits and 30 Mud Balls to improve your catching experience!
>>
>>27561846
Where do you live? Im in qld and the weather is like spring
>>
Just seen ABC news 24 on '''''''''''''''''''''Parkachu''''''''''''''''''''' will niantic shut this down too?
>>
>>27560693
Game sucked since start for anyone who actually liked normal pokemon games.

It was a fad, it picked up, everyone knew it was shit, it slowly died off. Most don't/barely play it anymore, but still do talk.

For some reason however, they acquired an undiscovered "autist" audience that didn't knew/cared/played pokemons before though - which just can't shut up about GO or stop playing it.

In the end - it was successful.
>>
Hope it dies out fast. Normies flocking to the only franchise they haven't ruined yet is making me mad.
>>
>Nearby feature breaks
>people use poke-vision to find Pokemon instead
>Niantic shuts down poke-vision
>Niantic removes the nearby feature instead of fixing it
>Niantic wonders why people are angry.
>>
http://www.australiannews.net/index.php/sid/246452751
>>
>>27559456
This
>>
Another huge problem people don't seem to be bringing up us the ease in which one can remove a pokestop/gym.

My usual park I went to had 4 pokestops and a gym on it. Today I went out and it was all gone. Happned to 12 pokestops at a cemetery I frequent as well, but that makes a big more see sense. I'm a little on edge about further removals.
>>
NO KING BUT THE KING IN THE NORTH WHO'S NAME IS STARK!
>>
I really can't find a reason to continue playing this "game". I feel as if I have no attachment whatsoever to the Pokemon I catch. They're like lifeless moving images whose sole purpose is to to traded for candy. Its become bothersome to constantly ignore gyms since I can't beat 2200 cp Gyarados and Dragonite and spoofers, and there's no way for me to find rare Pokes. When I finally end up catching something rare, I feel no sense of accomplishment since I'll never use the damn thing. To top it off, the sheer incompetence and greedy behavior of Niantic pisses me off too much to want to continue supporting them and their shit game. Basically, the game isn't fun. I feel like this game has done more damage than good to the Pokemon name and I sincerely and eagerly await the release of Sun and Moon to help me forget I even got into this stupid fad. I do thank Niantic though for proving to me once and for all that mobile can never give the experience of an actually well developed, well thought out, time invested, cherished handheld game. Fuck Niantic. Fuck The PokeJew company. Based Nintendo for not getting too involved with this crap.
>>
>>27560226
Are you dyslexic?
>>
>>27559456
>>27559558
>>27559639
>>27559698
>>27560283
>>27560298
>>27560349
>>27560390
>>27560426
This.

I work in a high-traffic normie area, and the week it was released, sure, the game was popular. We've had a mild 70-80 degree summer with lots of sunshine, so people have loved the outdoors. Pokemania was rampant.

Now? Nobody's fucking with the game anymore. In fact, the few people who still do are often met with those sneers you'd expect reserved for people walking around in public with a 3DS and anime waifu stickers.
>>
>>27559402
Had hope for this game until Niantic butchered it in so many different ways. Flat out botting for the hell of it now
>>
>>27560226
>Pokemon Sun and Poon
I'd play Poon.
>>
>>27561464
Holy shit you are retarded.
>>
File: decisions-3.jpg (121KB, 510x374px) Image search: [Google]
decisions-3.jpg
121KB, 510x374px
I'm reporting every player in every gym that has a level 20 or above.

Not only will you be doing the Pokemon Go community a favor by getting rid of suspected bots but if you report them sometimes they get automatically taken out of a gym so it works doubly in your favor.
>>
>>27564094
Shouldn't that be 30? 20 is pretty darn standard legit at this point.
>>
I'm just collecting whatever pokemon are available and uninstalling
>>
>>27564094
You might be an idiot. School's out, so people who spend a lot of time on it, but still play legit, ARE able to reach level 20~25ish.

Unless you're BR filth, then I'm not surprised you're reporting literally everyone huehuehue.
>>
>>27564094
LMAO are you fucking serious?
20 is pretty standard at least where I'm from.
>>
People are rapidly losing interest. This will continue and the game will be a waste of the devs' time in 9 months or so.
>>
>Will make it to Gen 2.
>The number of Candies need to evolve certain Pokemon will be lowered in the event that "Trading" never becomes a feature.
>The game will die due to popularity drop and lack of fan support(Ingress).
>During Go's death, Legendary Pokemon will be "released" as normal Pokemon, able to catch like any other.

(Far future):
>Time after Go's death, Nintendo will release a new Pokemon App on the lines of "Pokémon-Amie".
>This new Tamagotchi like App will have the ability to link to your 3DS/Game in order to Transfer your Pokemon to your phone.
>From there, You can play with your Pokemon, Level it up via walking, Trade with other players(You can transfer up to 3 Pokemon to your phone at once, at Start).
>You can also find Items that can be transferred back to your games, or Tickets to use to buy In App items(Furniture,Toys,Food) for your Pokemon.
>>
>>27564645
>will be "released" as normal Pokemon, able to catch like any other.
Somehow, that just reminds me of Yu Gi Oh where early rares like Exodia are dirt common in later packs.

>Pokemon App on the lines of "Pokémon-Amie"
Were stuff like Pokewalker and so on popular with fans anyway?
>>
>>27564757
Pokewalker was a short lived trend, nothing on the levels of Go, But that was before Smartphones.

Having the ability to "Have" "Your" Pokemon on your Smartphone, will give the App user a more personal experience with their Pokemon.

>Ability to check the mood of your Pokemon, like Yellow did with Pikachu.
>Raise or Decrease the Friendship level of your Pokemon, depending on how well you treat it.
>Maxing friendship and Level of the Pokemon In App, gives it a Special Ribbon/Mark in Game(3ds).
>You can also send your Pokemon on "Missions" to find Rare items(Rare Candy, PP Up, etc) or Tickets.
>The Mission option is also a Backup function, in the event you Phone is Broken, Stolen.
>The Security on the Mission/Backup is a Four Symbol Code(Secret Clubhouse Knock), and if the Pokemon is not retrieved in 15 Days after being Sent on a Mission, or if the Pokemon in the App are not "Interacted with" in 30 days, they will faint after the 15th Day, and return to the User's Poke Bank on the 30th Day.
>>
>>27564888
Yeah, Pokewalker was made too soon. The concept was great but people weren't ready for it back then. Would certainly like to see them bring back a revamped version.
>>
>>27564954
It was fun, just extremely cheap and low tech. Felt like playing a GB game on a $10 watch.

It would work way better as an App, now that it's actually possible.
>>
>fight a gym
>lost three mons to 1hp glitch
>about to beat last one with my last mon at half health
>"Error."
>Forced exit to map with my mons still fainted and low health with no experience or progress with gym
Just about done
>>
I still like it. You guys are fags, seriously.

>I can't wait my friends stop having fun
>People who still play this are social outcasts

Listen to yourselves you shits.
>>
File: 1467389817321.jpg (109KB, 559x795px) Image search: [Google]
1467389817321.jpg
109KB, 559x795px
The worst part for me is how many retards started playing 2 weeks after release and think that everyone near lvl 30 with a couple snorlax or dragonites are hacking/cheating.

The public group for valor in my city has multiple threads with 20+ comments each from stupid fucking normies convinced that my wife and I hack.

How hard is it for them to wrap their brains around the sign in / sign out feature? My wife, sister, and a couple buddies of mine log in and out of each other's accounts whenever something special like lapras or snorlaxs pops up.

>hurrrr how r u lvl 30!?!

I keep fucking the lvl 10 gyms you tards build up and populate with shitmons with 6 vaporeons and a sack full of revives. I don't even need to look at my phone screen when battling.
>>
>>27559402
The developer fucked up the massive launch momentum with shitty updates that broke the game. They're just going to lose more and more players until they fix it. That steady drop can be seen in action now.
>>
I don't know, I'm peaking at Go off and on in my office and Gyms around me are still changing colors every 30 minutes and lures are still plentiful.

Though maybe that's only because I'm in a largely populated city (SF).
>>
>>27563660
>Now? Nobody's fucking with the game anymore. In fact, the few people who still do are often met with those sneers you'd expect reserved for people walking around in public with a 3DS and anime waifu stickers.
>things that never happened
Even in my relatively rural shithole there are plenty of people still hanging around parks playing it, lures all over the place in the evenings, and nobody else gives a fuck because there's no way of telling what they're doing anyway unless you're sitting there staring them down and watching their hand movements.
>>
>>27564954
>tfw Pokewalker has more gameplay than Go
>>
Chek.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWN-MSRx2xQ
>>
>>27559402

they super dropped the ball. No powersaver or tracking? It's harder to play on the bus no too? No experience bonuses for getting greats anymore and even basic ass shit is way harder to capture?

They shat all over the game.
>>
>>27562455
>Make a feature that doesn't work
>Get triggered when other people make a feature just like it that does work
>Remove feature entirely and get upset/ban Pokevision
>MINOR TEXT FIXES and obvious jewry in updates

Fucking Niantic
>>
This is exactly what they get for catering purely to gen one.

Available mons are limited and people have grown bored of seeing Pidgey a million times.
>>
I hate to promote stuff from Dutch people but I think this girl has some good ideas of how to improve the game.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/41389147/Pokmon-GO-UI-Redesign
>>
>Game is still generating 2 to 3 million a day
>retards think everyone past lvl 20 is cheating
>HUURRRR DURRRRR only the first 151 so far and muh gyms
>not even a month old game
>still having fun

I knew /vp/ was full of children and fatties but holy shit you guys need to WALK
>>
>>27570643
>you guys need to WALK
Fuck that noise, I drive. Only hit one bike so far and he looked like a hipster anyways.
>>
What are some good alternatives to Pokevision?
>>
>>27572570
Literally nothing right now. Scanning is ded until the underground dev community steps up their game. Yesterday it was "only a matter of hours" and here we are with nothing still.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.