[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did he mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: YDe3Czv[1].jpg (93KB, 1276x718px) Image search: [Google]
YDe3Czv[1].jpg
93KB, 1276x718px
"Solgaleo and Lunaala are the emissaries of the sun and the moon respectively. And these two legendary Pokémon play a unique roll -- they tie into the story in a unique way that we really haven't done with pairs of legendary Pokémon before, so I think fans will be really excited about it."
>>
>>27558436
>emissaries

>Sun legendary
>weak to fire
>Moon legendary
>weak to dark
>>
>>27558458
The moon is never dark and the sun is made of plasma.
>>
They interact in a friendly way? DP didn't really interact even in Platinum, IIRC, GS and XY didn't interact, and RS and BW were rivals.
>>
No champion.

Solgaleo/Lunala are totem Pokemon and the final boss.
>>
>>27558458
Why the does anybody care about Lunaala being weak to Dark? Aside from the oft-repeated Dark meaning 'evil' in Japanese, when has the Dark type EVER been associated with the moon, besides Umbreon, in any way ever?

Darkrai even represents the new moon. I.E., the lack of a moon, or opposite of a full moon. Dark types like nighttime, but they have literally nothing to do with the moon, and even prefer the new moon when there's less light.

>>27558507
>The moon is never dark

Anon.... The moon has day and night. When it's a full moon, that just means it's daytime on the side of the moon facing the earth, meaning the opposite side is dark at that time.

We just stopped using "dark side of the moon" to refer to the side not facing earth, because that's wildly inaccurate even though it sounds cool.
>>
Zygarde, Lunala and Solgaleo Fight together against MARSHADOW
>>
>>27558436
>play unique role
>unlike any other legendary

so like Zekrom and Reshiram
>>
>>27558699
Isn't the moon always dark by virtue of it not generating any of its own light? Like, the only light it emits is absorbed and radiated from sun rays, so isn't that correct to say?
>>
>>27558699
>2016
>thinking "dark side of the moon" is literally dark
The only people who think it's "wildly inaccurate" are people who don't understand that "dark" has more than one meaning.
>>
>Moon Legendary
>Weak to shadows.

>Sun Legendary
>Weak to heat.
>>
>>27558760
Yes. The moon is a rock. By that logic all planets moons and asteroids would be consider 'dark', so I don't see your point.
>>
File: HNI_0019.jpg (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0019.jpg
19KB, 200x200px
>>27558436
>They both are in each version and just kinda sit there being revered by people
GS did that.
>They hate each other and fight
RS did that.
>They just show up and don't interact in any way
DP did that.
>Epic one-on-one showdown between the two, each owned by a trainer
BW did that.
>They fuse into one Pokemon
BW2 did that.
>They don't seem to exist in the same timeline at all
XY did that.
>The evil guy tries to use them
Almost all the games did that.

Things they haven't tried:
>Solgaleo and Lunala are friends and help each other in battle
>They are keys to a puzzle, but I guess the Regis did this
>They transform into each other based on the time of day (secretly forms of the same Pokemon)
>Solgaleo and Lunala ARE the antagonists, humans aren't to blame
>Solgaleo and Lunala are foreigners, the Tapu have to ward them off (though I guess the Delta Episode did this)

I dunno guys, this is difficult to come up with unique ideas.
>>
>>27558507
Slugma is made out of rock, what's your point?
>>
>>27559560
>>27558642
>>
>>27559687
Sounds good, but what Pokemon would be called on to help Solgaleo or Lunala?

I think the most challenging option would be each other, which was my first suggestion. But maybe there are more realistic options... Thoughts?
>>
>>27559755
The previous totem pokemon perhaps?
>>
>>27559755
>what Pokemon would be called on to help Solgaleo or Lunala?
Sun and Moon based evos and mons. obviously.
>>
>>27559755
Solrocks and Lunatones respectively.
>>
>>27559783
If each Tapu has an ability that sets a field effect, that would be very messy for a 5-on-1 battle.
>>
>>27558699
>when has the Dark type EVER been associated with the moon, besides Umbreon, in any way ever

The Dark-type Spectacular Talent.
>>
>>27559793
Unless those things get Alolan forms, I feel like they might be a tad weak... but they would possibly be the best thematic options.
>>
>>27559828
I was thinking more along the lines of Gumshoos and Lurantis.
>>
>>27559560

That sounds cool as fuck
>>
So far, we havent seen an evil team, maybe there wont be one or it'll be reworked like gyms into island trails
Maybe the legendary encounter isnt triggered by the evil teams shenanigins and Solgaleo and Lunala are causing an Apocalypse level event by themselves
(Bringing down the sun and moon or something)
>>
>>27559859
Oh, I see. That would be really cool, actually! I wonder if there is only one totem Pokemon per island...
>>
>>27559844
Lunatone could easily get a full moon look for an alola form, can't think of what to do for Solrock though.
>>
>>27559883
>So far, we havent seen an evil team,maybe there wont be one

So far, we haven't seen anything about the story besides characters. I wonder if we won't have a story????

God damn, some of you people.
>>
>>27558436
This isn't related to the question but I want to discuss it anyway.
It's probably that the third mon of this trio will be eclipse based.
I'm betting that it will actually resemble the Tapu legendaries that reside on each island, rather than being another big beast. That, or it'll be a combination between a Solgaleo/Lunala design and a Tapu design.
>>
>>27559560
Have we ever had to HELP the legendaries? I know in some games you free them, like the Lake trio in Ptt, or Xerneas/Yveltal. But what if in Sun/Moon, you need to make some kind of offering which they need in order to fight something off? Maybe Marshadow? Maybe this is just a new coat of paint on the "stop the evil team" concept and such but it sounds interesting to me.
>>
>>27559922
>Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
I realize you're just trying to be facetious but really anything is up for grabs and it's pretty obvious GF doesn't want to just do things that are expected of them.
>>
They're actually in love
Papa Leo and Mama Nala
>>
File: none-1.jpg (64KB, 449x593px) Image search: [Google]
none-1.jpg
64KB, 449x593px
>>27558458
>>
>>27558742

That'll be amazing, if that's true.
>>
File: Slugma.png (27KB, 501x338px) Image search: [Google]
Slugma.png
27KB, 501x338px
>>27559575
>>
Probably there is no champion and beating the last Kahuna unlocks a final story battle against em. Cause its replacing the Champion, I would guess its an SOS battle against Solgaleo and the 4 guardians aroind level 60.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 520x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 520x388px
>>27559560
>mfw the twist is you actually get the legendary that's on the other game's box
>>
>>27560386
That's would be dastardly, but both are still cool.
>>
File: NoWay.jpg (35KB, 408x451px) Image search: [Google]
NoWay.jpg
35KB, 408x451px
>>27560288
Of course!
They are like the totems, they summon other Pokemon!

>Solgaleo summons Solrock, Volcarona and who knows what else
>>
he means solgaleo rolls by tumbling along its side, while lunaala forms itself into a ball then rolls like that
>>
>>27559560
You forgot this:
The evil team is trying to revive MARSHADOW so they must destroy/seal Solgaleo or Lunala to set the world in a constant day/night phase. so the player must prevent this.

I guess Ruby Sapph did this though....
>>
In every other game you had to battle and throw Pokéballs at your box legend, but in this game, it's just handed to you automatically.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 640x227px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 640x227px
>>27560180
"Magma isn't rock"
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>27558742
I hope this is the plot. I'd like a story where a Pokemon is the main antagonist by itself.
>>
>>27558436

The legenday of the opposite game is the mastermind villan.
>>
>>27559844
Their Alolan formes would be Steel/Rock for Solrock and Ghost/Rock for Lunatone
>>
>>27558436
Don't care, just hope they're weak/shit.

Had enough with the primals and xerneas/yveltal faggotry, I want at least a single gen to chill before next power creep.
>>
>>27560639

I meant it isn't an rock type Pokémon
>>
>>27558507
Are you serious? How can you be this fucking retarded? The moon gets dark, and fire is made of plasma. Go back to school.
>>
>>27558871
It is. It's not completely covered in light, that is actually impossible with only one source of light, that being our sun.
>>
They'll never top BW Legendaries. Catch one and you can use it in the final battle against he other one
>>
>wanting your emissaries to be resistant to you

The sun and moon are not sentient but are still smarter than you lot
>>
>>27559560
>Wild Solgaleo appears !
>Solgaleo called its ally Pokemon !
>Lunala appeared !
>>
>>27559575
I'm going to attempt a bullshit explanation for this. Slugma is molten rock. It's too hot for Fighting type moves to be super effective and it melts Steel type moves rendering it not very effective. It's stupid but not completely stupid.
>>
>>27559560
>They transform into each other based on the time of day (secretly forms of the same Pokemon)
we need this

>one team worships lunaala, hates solgaleo
>one team worships solgaleo, hates lunaala
>they both get btfo when they're on the cusp of achieving their ambitions

though this would also be a shivering isles ripoff
>>
>>27562699

>solgaleo used gravity
>lunala used hypnosis
>>
>>27562734

I can see them both having these moves too
>>
Lunaala and Solgalio are the same pokemon with alter egos. It changes form based on it being night or day. The radiant and full moon versions are when one of the forms becomes the only form.

There are two "evil" teams. One wants permanent day the other permanent night. the two teams through their plot bring about the end of either day or night bringing chaos to the world with everything out of balance.

The player finds a way to help the alternate being into physical being bringing balance back to the day night cycle.
>>
he's literally just saying they will have some major, major tie in with in the story. not that they have a major tie with each other.

I think this just means they ARE the story, instead of being a side-note that comes to fruition around the 7th/8th gym. they have a huge world-scale role, they're the main feature of the story, AND they are the final battle, since there's no champion

I picture it like ORAS + BW + steroids
>>
>>27562805
Team names idea.

Team eclipse - perma night
Team daybreak - perma day
>>
>>27562870
I'd like a different team per version à la RSE
>>
>>27562880
Exactly
>>
>>27559560
>>Solgaleo and Lunala ARE the antagonists, humans aren't to blame
this
>>
>>27563172
This would go against the whole pokemon can't be evil it is the trainer who is evil trope they use so much.

However the way I can see them doing this is that Lunaala and Solgaleo are in love with each other but the nature of the day night cycle keeps them apart. They aren't really evil just acting blindly by the need to finally be with each other.

Since we have a lunar aspect I could see a giant tidal waves threatening the islands.
>>
>>27563494
Forgot to ad this is what breaks the balance of day and night.
>>
>>27563499
>>27563494
Another thought

There is an event once every 1000 years or so where a full eclipse happens and they are finally together for a short period of time. Something happens be it evil team or the pokemon themselves cause the eclipse to last forever throwing everything off balance Causing the for aforementioned giant tidal wave.
>>
>>27562734
It does not affect Primeape...
Scrafty's Shed Skin!
Meowstic used Safeguard!
Drapion used Sleep Talk!
>>
>>27563554
Full eclipses happen almost every year somewhere
>Hurr Durr 1000 years hurr durr it's pokeymon guys xDD
>>
File: 1470237223864.gif (775KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1470237223864.gif
775KB, 500x281px
>>27558642
Technically we just fought the legend in bw2 so this might not be it but I hope this is how it works. It might be a post-game only capture and for that I'm excited.
>>
>>27560135
>Pokemon God
>Weak to a punch
Aye
>>
>>27558436
Maybe they alter the way daytime is perceived
>>
>>27560386
>>27560442
Black/White did that, sort of.
>>
>>27559560
I like this because it explains why we havent seen anything about an evil team yet.
No evil teams, no gyms.
Just Lunaala and the Island trials
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.