[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Burn needs to be nerfed. Scald is overpowered.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: scald.jpg (6KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
scald.jpg
6KB, 294x171px
Burn needs to be nerfed. Scald is overpowered.
>>
>>27552220
>Water-type move is overpowered
>Nerf the fire-type status effect instead of the move
Good job.
>>
>>27552220

No. It is not.
>>
>>27552286

Burn needs to be nerfed. Scald is overpowered because of how strong the status is. Retard.
>>
>>27552317
No scald is op since it has high BP, great distribution, and has a greater chance of inflicting burn than most fire type moves.
Lower the base damage and reduce the chance to inflict burn to like 10%.
>>
>>27552220
Status moves should be like Scald, not differ from it. Scald/Burn-status being the new standard. Confusion and Poison need buffs, Toxic needs to be almost exclusively Poison-type in distribution
>>
>>27552491

>Status moves should be like Scald

On bulky water mons that effectively neuter any physical attacker with 1 move?
>>
Poison needs to half SpAt

Toxic needs to stop being a TM
>>
>>27552220
Nerf Scald to 15% burn chance and it'll be mediocre.
>>
I've always found it weird that burn and para are the only status conditions that halve a stat. Toxic and sleep are pretty good on their own so it's not like they need it, but it's weirdly inconsistent.

Plus there's regular poison which is just a burn minus the loss of attack, and the ineffectiveness against fire types traded for poison types. Regular poison lowering defenses could make it an interesting option for stallbreaking, but could also make defensive steel types even more prominent than before.
>>
>>27552539

Surf is 90bp
Scale is 80bp

Even 15% chance is 100x better.
>>
>>27552531
This with all my soul
>>
>>27552551
how much of a reduction would it need to not be shit, but also not be overpowered?
>>
>>27552220
Ice beam only for Ice mons!
>>
>>27552220
>scald is over powered
>so lets nerf burn

thats fucking stupid
you would make a great game dev OP
>>
>>27552220
If only they made Scald a rare natural move and a late-game TM...oh wait
>>
Nerf Scald to 60 damage and 5% chance to burn.
>>
>>27552621

Scald is overpowered because of how burn works. Burn itself is broken.
>>
Make scalds bp 75 and chance to burn 15 or 20%. That would fix it.
>>
>>27552220
Just need a "burned / badly burned" distinction, kinda like poison / Toxic

Burn will do 1/8th damage each turn, but only badly burned reduces attack.

Let Scald and other attacks keep burn status, but reserve Badly Burned for Will o Wisp and any other status-only moves.
>>
File: 1470193148889.jpg (28KB, 379x371px) Image search: [Google]
1470193148889.jpg
28KB, 379x371px
>>27552630
>5%
>>
>ITT: Idiots who need to git gud
>>
>>27552658
You want hot water to have the same chance to burn as fire?
>>
just give it 80% accuracy

surf is the safe option
hydro is higher risk for more damage
scald is higher risk for utility
>>
>>27552692
Steam is the most common cause of burns and in fact actually causes burns more severely/quickly than fire, because water is a better heat transfer medium than open air.

I would rather jam my arm into an open fire than a jet of steam clocking the same temp, and so would you.

Just sayin
>>
>>27552708
Surf is also a double-hitter

Remember, competitive Pokemon is OFFICIALLY balanced around 4v4 item clause doubles, not 6v6 evasion clause singles
>>
>>27552797
>the format even gf knows nobody really likes to play is the standard
I never understood this.
>>
File: fNWgqnS.jpg (158KB, 897x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fNWgqnS.jpg
158KB, 897x1024px
>No reason to use the actual Fire equivalent because the Pokémon who learn it all have better options (Fire Blast, Eruption and even Flamethrower)
>Forever a shittier version of Scald
>>
>>27552598
Maybe reduce both defenses to 3/4? Would be roughly equivalent to halving one stat
>>
File: 1456831392973.png (192KB, 711x619px) Image search: [Google]
1456831392973.png
192KB, 711x619px
Scald's damage remains the same, but the burn chance is reduced to 10%.

Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunderbolt all have their chances of inflicting their respective status effects raised to 20%.
>>
>>27552649
this sounds like a good idea
>>
File: Cheeky cunt.png (603KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeky cunt.png
603KB, 640x582px
>>27552551

>Regular poison lowering defenses could make it an interesting option for stallbreaking, but could also make defensive steel types even more prominent than before.
>>
>>27552841
It's easier to balance. Also (presuming legendaries are banned), VGC had a much greater diversity of mons... At least until megas happened, because some megas were basically legendary-tier.

Honestly I wish Smogon would go with Item Clause at least, but really, doubles is fun.

What makes VGC a less-popular format, I think, is the 4-mon restriction, not the doubles format. Matches are too fast and switch-in strats/prediction matter less with a 2/3rds full team.
>>
>>27553069
Holy shit that would give the little guy such an amazing niche
>>
Scald is fine, the real problem is its distribution.

You never had a problem with Lava Plume, which is the same thing because of its distribution.
>>
>>27553234

Lava Plume also hits multiple targets.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.