[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THEY DROPPED MEGAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (62KB, 747x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 747x449px
THEY DROPPED MEGAS YES!

But for real, I don't really have a problem with the concept of megas. They make some Pokemon better then they were before. That's a fine concept.

Where I have a problem with megas is when THEY GIVE ALREADY OP POKEMON MEGA EVOLUTIONS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE POWERFUL. Did Raquezya really need to mega evolve? No, they just wanted to cater to the fan base.

I'm glad they stopped it where they did, enough Pokemon got mega evolutions that didn't need it. And some weaker Pokemon got megas too, so that's nice. But there are already enough and competitive is already ruined.

At least with the Alolan forms so far, they seem to be focusing on less loved Pokemon. Be honest though, if Raquezya went and got a restyling that just made him more oVerpowered, we would just be hating on Alolan forms the exact same way we hated Mega evoltions. I'm glad they are taking a different path in this gen. So, basically,

MAKE WAY FOR ALOLAN FORMS!
>>
>>27551042
When did they drop megas? What did I miss?
>>
Thanks for the input
>>
They didn't drop them

They just aren't making any new ones

Or that they do but it'll be post game
>>
>>27551104
I think OP is going by the fact no Mega Evolutions have been showcases so far.
>>
>>27551124
That is what I meant, I meant like dropping the concept of making new mega evolutions, or at the very least, making a bunch of mega evoltions and stuffing them into one game.
>>
I fucking hate megas.
>>
>>27551239
afaik, they will show the Johto megas on september.
>>
>>27551042
Keeping track of those mega stones was highly annoying. They should've made a mega stone case or something.
>>
>>27551480
I sincerely hope that they don't give every single stater Pokemon mega evolutions.
>>
>>27551042
I don't want mega evolution to be scrapped in it's entirety, because that just seems like a waste of a generation's work, but Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Fug need to go and stay go.
>>
I just realized that Gen IV was the last time cross-gen evos were added.

I mean, with the lone exception of Sylveon.

It's kind of crazy to think that they did a new-mon-only gen, a mega-only gen, and now (potentially) a regional-form-only gen, and didn't once extend an evo line in either direction
>>
>>27551042
Mega Evolutions won't be scrapped, they've been shoved in our faces for far too long and too much merchandise has come out of it for them to drop the concept altogether in Sun & Moon; it'd be the equivilant of deleting a pokemon from the game
>>
I don't mind megas, stop bitching.

But for all we know, s&m could take place on the no mega timeline
>>
Megas are fun when they upgrade weak and underwhelming Pokemon. Stuff like mega Beedrill, mega Sableye, mega Lopunny are all neat.
>>
>>27552729
Exactly!
>>
>>27552384
It's a shame too because a lot of the cross-gen evos are really great. Weavile and Tangrowth are some of my favourite Pokemon now
>>
I feel like megas will be obtainable in the postgame and you'll be able to use them online, but they aren't the core of the story anymore so there's no mention of them so far
>>
>>27552273
I sincerely hope they do.
>>
technically. Mega is still there... but it is split between
(1) Z moves...
-use of a bracelet + stone for you + stone for your mon
-the inner power up, giving off a outer display of power

and (2) Alola forms
-letting a already known pokemon have a different form/typing outward appearance.
>>
>>27552420
I mean technically they did with missingno, but it wasn't supposed to be there to begin with.
>>
I'll be annoyed if megas are dropped, I thought a lot of them were really cool, both in design and in concept, and they breathed new life into a bunch of pokemon that were previously sub-par, eg. Lopunny, Altaria, Beedrill etc. However, OP's right in that a lot were unnecessary. Pokemon like Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Salamence, Metagross, Gengar and Scizor didn't need megas. Stuff like Medicham, Mawile, Lucario and Kanghaskhan were also bad missteps, because while the base forms receiving megas wasn't entirely unwarranted, the combination of stats and abilities that they gave to those mons just made them grossly overpowered.

Still, on the whole I hope they stick around. I'll miss a lot of the megas if they go. Z-moves seem like a pretty uninteresting replacement, if that's what they are.
>>
the ideal outcome is that all megas for 3rd stage mons are dropped completely while megas for single stage or second stage mons are nerfed slightly and retconned as that species final evolution
>>
Megas aren't dropped, they just won't be emphasized

In the postgame, you'll probably meet a character from Kalos who will upgrade your Z-Bracelet to be a Mega Bracelet as well, and let you Mega Evolve your Pokemon

It's also possible that certain Mega Stones won't be available in Sun/Moon, and will only be obtainable in future Gen 7 games
>>
Megas or not.. Theyr just adding another patch to pokemon games.
Werent you guys talking about synchro evos?
Well whats that much different from megas?
>>
Oh they haven't dropped megas, GF just gave them a new name.
>>
According to the leak, the Ash Greninja is in Sun and Moon, and that is essentially a Mega in all but name, so we're almost certainly getting more Megas.
>>
>>27552801
not to mention prevos
>>
they'll probably add the Johto starters and a small handful of others

Is there any way to make Meganium good besides Thick Fat I guess? Maybe slap on a Fairy type?
>>
>>27554055

Give it an asston of defenses and a better ability, like Regenerator or Natural Cure or some shit. It has a decent enough support movepool. A new subtyping would be cool too but it's not absolutely essential.
>>
>>27554186
Give it a fairy type and change its ability to healer :^)
Then it'll be OP in doubles.
>>
>>27552306
Of course they aren't getting scrapped anon.
>>
>>27551042
>megas gone
>power creep is still a thing tho (lol z-moves)
>>
>>27554055
Some of the old starters may get Alola formes instead. Which is fine by me.
>>27553768
I'd find it pretty odd if Ash Greninja isn't in. It's such a hyped-up plot point (that already has Sugimori art, to boot) that the outrage if it wasn't in would be unbelievable.
And who knows, Synchros for the other Kalos mons may be a possibility too, or at least the Alola starters.

Maybe that's where this "2 final stages" rubbish came from? Each Alola starter could have a base form and a Synchro form.
>>
>>27553154
>missingno
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>27554264
>>power creep is still a thing tho (lol z-moves)
Z-moves are accessible to everything and they're also inaccessible to Mega Pokemon.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.