[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fairies were a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: 250px-700Sylveon.png (54KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-700Sylveon.png
54KB, 250x250px
Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.
>>
>>27549713
>implying the typings were well balanced before the introduction of fairy typing

You probably also think that the fifth generation was the best, too.

Complete kek, my friend.
>>
Fairies are the most based type. I bet you're a dragonfag
>>
Gamefreak adding the typing just showed me they know nothing about the game mechanically or aesthetically.
>>
File: 1469428200046.png (715KB, 946x946px) Image search: [Google]
1469428200046.png
715KB, 946x946px
Him. Unless you want stall to be unbeatable and this guy to have more use than landorus-t, fairies are a must.

>>27549775
Mechanically they did, aesthetically its debatable
>>
File: .png (389KB, 431x542px) Image search: [Google]
.png
389KB, 431x542px
>>27549713
>>
File: 95352.jpg (80KB, 1176x679px) Image search: [Google]
95352.jpg
80KB, 1176x679px
favorite type + massively OP offensive type

I was very pleased this happened
>>
>>27549755
>based
>literally only one weakness (poison doesn't count, no one uses poison moves and you knew this, fuck you gamefreak)
>SE on common types like fighting, dragon and dark
>only fire and steel resist fairy so can just spam fairy moves all day with impunity, also fire types are not very common outside of heatran, firebird and the occasional blaziken (and again, poison types do not exist, suck a dick gamefreak)

XD
>>
File: 034Nidokingold-2.png (366KB, 659x600px) Image search: [Google]
034Nidokingold-2.png
366KB, 659x600px
>>27549713
They wanted the moe crowd who can't stand "menacing" looking pokes, I.E any dragon type. It's pretty great how you can trigger them easily with Nidoking or Aggron though, so I guess it's not too bad.

Still a pretty awful and shows how low GF will go for marketing. It literally has no unique aesthetic aside from being the "cute and pink" type.
>>
>suits mystical pokemon more then psychic
>can cover anything from pink and cute to serious guardians of nature.
>gave Poison something else to do
>gave Azumarril and Clefable renewed life.
only thing I don't like is it resisting Bug.
>>
>>27549755
Faries are cool, but you must admit they're unbalanced, maybe not as much as dragons and fightings in the glory days of gen V, but it is the best type offensively and rival steel defensively.
>>
>>27549978
>gave Poison something else to do

Yes, I too am enjoying all these poison type Pokemon that I see in competitive play now :^)

Oh wait, they still don't see play. Huh. Would you look at that.
>>
Fairy is literally just a marketing type. Nothing about it was made for game balance. It's just there for marketing reasons. Notice how all its match ups coincide with keeping charizard, mega waifu and mega doge safe.
>>
File: 600px-334Altaria.png (188KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-334Altaria.png
188KB, 600x600px
>>27549948
>any dragon type
>menacing

see also dratini line and so on.
>>
>>27549931
Its almost like they were introduced to change things up!
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 900x900px
>>27549741
>>
File: unnamed (1).png (19KB, 269x252px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
19KB, 269x252px
>>27549713
>Prints money.
>Seen some girls building fairy decks
>Makes edgy boys cry.
I like it

>>27549948
>menacing
>Dragon Type
Pick one. This is LITERALLY the first dragon on the pokedex
>>
>>27550074
And they did! Fairies basically killed off every single dragon in the game. Now that's an interesting way to "change things up".
>>
The problem is Sylveon, the flagship Pokemon for Fairy type, is a third trimester abortion that looks nothing like the other Eeveelutions and introduced the -ilate abilities that plague the meta right now.
>>
>>27550285
> Fairies basically killed off every single dragon in the game.

lmao what fantasy world do you live in
most fairies have BST smaller than your dick size and all their defense is on the special side
Neutral attacks take massive chunks out of fairies when done by a physical dragon
>>
>>27549755
Tell them
>>
>Zubat used Poison Sting!
>Florges fainted!
>>
>>27550419
This. I'm a dragonfag, and fairies hurt, but shit like garchomp still dominates.
>>
>>27550460
No, what the fuck. Garchomp is literally shit tier, unless you're playing singles and your running a sandstorm team in which case he's alright I guess.

The problem with dragon type is, they don't hit anything for SE except other dragons which you won't see in this meta and their moves all suck (Dragon Claw still no secondary effect, what the fuck), and they get cucked by the overpowered Fairy type.
>>
>>27550352
you need to take a bullet in the jaw.
>>
>>27550525
>he doesnt choice earthquake or outrage garchomp
theres your problem. garchomp a beast.
>>
>>27550525
>garchomp is literally shit tier
Are you high? garchomp is one of the best pokemon there is. Fantastic offenses, great ability, excellent typing and movepool and perfect coverage allow it to perform many roles.

There's also dragonite, salamence, hydreigon, the latis, dragalge, noivern, so many dragons that don't care about fairies because they can just hit them easily. Fairy balanced things up but it didn't kill anything you sperg
>>
>>27550525
>Garchomp
>Shit

I feel sorry for your family, anon.
>>
>>27550525
literally what fantasy world do you live in
garchomp is great in singles and doubles if you're not playing shit tier mega rayray doubles.
>>
>>27550613
>>27550652
>>27550683
In 4th gen yes, he's great.
>>
>>27550791
>bait.jpg
>>
File: 1462974147234.png (232KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462974147234.png
232KB, 1000x1000px
>GF introduces a move that nerfs dragon and fighting
>It also boosts poison and steel offensively

>hurr durr wtf is this gay shit gamefreak
>>
>>27550921
>gamefreak also has this typing nerf bug for no reason
>gamefreak gives this typing ridiculous neutral coverage for no reason
>gamefreak gives this typing ridiculous defensive capability for no reason
It's like they tried to make another Water
>>
Fairies are meant to appeal to little girls, just like dragons are meant to appeal to little boys
>>
>>27549713
How was Fairy type a mistake?

Besides the "balancing the meta game" stuff, which is sort of not a big deal seeing as competitive battling is the smallest and least significant aspect of Pokemon there are tonnes of advantages to it.

Fairies themselves are a pretty specific entity in folklore and therefore justify a typing to themselves - particularly when considering the sources from which Pokemon designs are drawn from.
Fairy adds far more options for designers and allows for Pokemon whose design inspiration was somewhat less obvious to now be more openly understood - e.g. Marill, based off of the moon-rabbits, et.c.
It also freshened everything up, no only for designers, but for players. Fresh is always good. That's just a couple of brief reasons that effectively prove you wrong, OP, you massive, unfuckable faggot.
>>
>>27550153
>>27550047
Well I mean, that's why I put it in quotation marks

Flygon is one of my favorites too after all
>>
I kinda like it mechanically. Dragon needed an antithesis and we got it. Unfortunately, they dropped the ball on making non-cringe designs. Sylveon would be fine without the bows, and Slurpuff and it's evo should just be eradicated.
>>
>>27550352
This. The face looks way too human for a cat-like animal
>>
>>27551197
Lets be honest, fairy triggers edgy, powerfags more than the other way around.
I like that fairy has this adventage against the types that are considered "strong," like fire and dragon. I have seen more girls going to tcg league meetings, or seeing more girls trying to play competitive, since cute mons arent considered shit anymore
>>
>>27551489
>like fire
the exact opposite. Typical fairyfags know nothing about the game
>>
>>27549713
Better than Steel and Dark.
>>
>>27551607
It's weak to steel and still far outclasses it. Steel forever remains a failure
>>
>>27551622
And know Fairies get to spam their Fairy moves non stop with impunity :^)
>>
File: shantae.png (542KB, 1024x1692px) Image search: [Google]
shantae.png
542KB, 1024x1692px
>>27551489
>like fire
>Liking cool pokes at all makes you an edgy powerfag
>LIKE
>FIRE

10/10, high energy shitposting today. /m/ and /a/ would be proud
>>
>>27550525
>How to spot a complete retard
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.