[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, just what are the quantifying factors for a Pokemon to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: fairy_type_confirmed.png (97KB, 530x292px) Image search: [Google]
fairy_type_confirmed.png
97KB, 530x292px
So, just what are the quantifying factors for a Pokemon to be fairy type? Just what makes them Fairy per say?
>inb4 they're pink
Well Gen 7 doesn't give a fuck about that
>>
Weird cutesy whimsical or nature/mystical shit to do with them. Sometimes mischievous.

It's one of those type like Dark or Psychic that encompasses more of a theme, so they can go with a lot more material.
>>
>>27543849
They have to have some mystical attributes, if they aren't pink, goofy, or feminine.
>>
>>27543919
How does one differentiate between fairy mystical shit and psychic mystical shit?
>>
I think it's also a "good" type. Kinda like with dark vs fighting, same sort of thing with dragon vs fairy. Good and evil
>>
>>27543947
supernatural and superhuman
>>
>>27543947
Fairy powers tend to be more benevolent and less creepy. There are of course plenty of exceptions.
>>
>>27543947
Its a bit arbitrary from what we've seen, like you would think that Chimecho Would be fairy after seeing Comfey and Clefky getting the type, yet it isn't.
>>
>>27543950
>dragon pokémon are evil
>>
>>27543849
I think Fairy is like Normal. They are both allowed to get most of the experimental pokemon.
>>
>>27544065
Also it is arbitrary because Azumarill and granbull get the type because they are vaguely base on some legendary bunny and dog, yet pokemon clearly based on mythical creatures (Ninetales=Kitsune, Milotic=Mermaid) aren't fairy typed
>>
>>27544068
Its not evil, but it's more akin to a wild and aggresive type with things like
>salamence
>Charizard X
>garchomp
>kingdra
>hydreigon
>haxorus
>>
>>27543947
Psychic is like /x/ and pseudosciences and Fairy is about more nature-spirity affairs that humans have no interest in. Contrast Alakazam's and Delphox's controlled, conventional magic with Clefable's or Whimsicott's playful, unexplained powers.
>>
>>27544101
Well Ninetales is a weird situation, as the Alola form IS fairy type.
>>
>>27544101
Oh boy, here comes the "it should totally have been the folklore type, because its name happened to be Fairy". Every thread. Just learn to let go, /vp/.
>>
>>27544139
it's already happening. Look at Alolan Ninetales' description and stuff like Mawile and Klefki
>>
>>27544139
I'm just pointing out the obvious, after all is GF that makes the decision, but it is clearly pretty arbitrary so far
>>
>>27544158
I wouldn't be too surprised if Classic Ninetales get retyped too
>>
>>27543849
>>27543849
kinda nature protector, pacific aura, prankish but more natural and not scary as prankish ghost types. A lot of concepts about famous fairies all together.
>>
Still better than dark where looking like an asshole defines a type somehow.
>>
File: Exeggutor_de_Alola.png (715KB, 2600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Exeggutor_de_Alola.png
715KB, 2600x2400px
There are no quantifyig factors for any Pokémon to be any type. GF does whatever the fuck it wants and it's always been this way.
>>
>>27544301
You sound butthurt and ignorant
>>
File: BAP.png (159KB, 471x346px) Image search: [Google]
BAP.png
159KB, 471x346px
>>27544317
Alola Exeggutor is silly and amazing and he's going on my team. I just think that GF works in mysterious ways and that there's not much rhyme or reason to a lot of the choices they make.

>Fairy
>>
>>27544065
Chimecho is a wind chime. If anything, it should be part Flying
>>
File: dracaena-draco-dragon-tree-ro.jpg (65KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
dracaena-draco-dragon-tree-ro.jpg
65KB, 550x550px
>>27544430
>>
>>27543947
Fairy is cutesy
Psychic is creepy
Dark is edgy
>>
>>27544430
I'm just used to the fact that the typings they use come either as a result of carefull planing and references to design and many subtle aspects, or just puns like flygon and exeggutor
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 240x172px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 240x172px
>>27543849
A bunch of things
>Magical girl references (Sailor Moon in particular, which itself draws a lot of inspiration from traditional images of fairies e.g.) Sylveon, the moves Moonblast and Moonlight
>Affinity to nature and plants e.g. Florges, Comfey, Xerneas
>Whimsical/Playful/Arcane shit e.g. Mr. Mime, Whimsicott, Carbink
>Benevolence/Kindness/Emotional connections e.g. Togekiss, Gardevoir, M-Audino, Cutiefly
>Mystical stuff e.g. Xerneas, Alolan Ninetales
>Feminine/Cutesy things e.g. Aromatisse, Snubbull, Slurpuff
>Mischievous fairies e.g. Klefki, Mawile.

Every fairy can be attributed to at least one or two of the concepts above. The type itself was probably conceptualised by using Sailor Moon as a basis, wherein the titular character's name is Usagi (rabbit in Jp. so that's probably why Azumarill and Wigglytuff got retyped). It's undeniable that the type is very loosely conceptualised currently so I'd give it a few more gens until people can form a more coherent view of what makes a Pokemon fairy type.
>>
>getting mad because an imaginary character isnt realistic

I hate you vp. You can be full autistic sometimes.
>>
>>27544499
Maybe it is just you who is mad, viewing this thread through a lens of butthurt.
>>
>>27544469
Exeggcutor doesn't look like that though
>>
>>27544534
And is clearly a fucking palm tree.
>>
>>27544113
Ur dumb fairy type is opposite dark type. I think of fairy as light type.
>>
>>27544523
Im mad at all the kids crying over insignificant details
>>
>>27544614
So also mad about somthing insignificant?
>>
>>27544472
I hate how true this is
>>
>>27544664
Not completely, dark is evil, not edgy
>>
>>27544472
How about steel?
>>
>>27543947
Fairy mystical shit is about magic and light. Psychic mystical shit is about space, time, and manipulating reality. for instance, Psyshock is compressed Psychic energy that creates physical force as if hurling a solid object. Celebi is Psychic because time fuckery. Trick Room is Psychic because time fuckery.

Dialga, Jirachi, and Solgaleo all being Steel might not be a coincidence either. Perhaps Steel somehow represents Space as a whole, while Psychic represents being FROM space (Starmie, Deoxys, Elgeyem, etc.)?

>>27544139
You mean like how Klefki is based on a folklore imp and got a Fairy typing?
>>
Cute
Mythological
>>
>>27544488
I never considered that Wigglytuff and Azumarill being fairies might have to do with them being rabbits. Thats a clever idea.
Especially since Wigglytuff evolves from the (rabbit in the) Moon Stone.
>>
>>27544577
dragonblood trees ARE palm trees
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.