[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT:pokemon you never understood why they were popular I see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 350px-Eeveelutions.png (137KB, 350x380px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Eeveelutions.png
137KB, 350x380px
ITT:pokemon you never understood why they were popular

I see so many people love eevee and it's evolutions but I honestly don't get the appeal. They're not terrible, joltion was pretty helpful to me in FR, but I see these guys get close to the attention of pikachu or charizard.
>>
>>27540838
They're cute. Tons of options. Next
>>
File: 1362696462480.png (1MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1362696462480.png
1MB, 800x800px
>Rare
>A single eevee has much more build options than any other pokemon you get in the game
>Gary's starting pokemon
>Gen1 pokemon that keeps getting attention while all pikachu's got was a baby form in genii and than was forgotten
>furries
>>
>>27540838
I don't like them either, and whenever you question it people say stuff like >>27540860

But why those out of all the other "cutesy" pokemon? Just because of the evolution? I'll never understand what it is that makes everyone else click about them.
>>
>>27540890
>A single eevee has much more build options than any other pokemon you get in the game

that doesn't make any sense though because a single eevee can only be one eeveelution, and those sure as hell don't have any build options.
>>
girls like eevee.
>>
>>27540909
it can only end as one eeveelution, but when you get it its kinda a clean slate. sure, you won't be able to turn back, but you still have the most choices.
>>
>>27540893
Because it's better than pikachu
>>
>>27540838
It's cute and has been in every generation.
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 225x225px)
images.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>27540838
>>
roughly +50% stats over pikachu/charizard
>>
>>27540964
>have to buy the fucking gamecube gba adapter and pokemon colluseum to get them in r/s
wew lad
>>
>>27540994
>r/s
what, you mean ruby/saphire? why not trade it from frlg?
>>
>>27540893
A dog/cat/fox hybrid is probably the best combination for a Pokemon with mass appeal.

Add the type differences and the debates about which is the best design (and speculations about future designs) and you have a Pokemon line that can never lose popular interest.
>>
>>27540938
those choices don't matter when in order to take advantage of ANY option you have to choose one that permanently locks out all of the others.

That's like saying if I could only ever get one degree in my life that I would be able to work in a wider variety of fields before choosing the degree than after actually having 1 of the degrees

I get what you are trying to say, but to me it's more like an illusion of having more options. I guess it's just personal perspective.
>>
>>27541026
it's the other way around. r/s has the time system and fr/lg don't
>>
>>27541107
get normal eevee and than evolve it

think the new eevee will be trade evolution?
>>
>>27540838
You have autism.
>>
File: Vanilluxe.png (21KB, 384x318px)
Vanilluxe.png
21KB, 384x318px
Not the exact same thing as the OP but I still never got the hate of this line? Not amazing designs but they're better then shit like pineco or purugly.
>>
>>27540838
>Grass Evolution
>doesnt use Leaf Stone to evolve

>Espeon is 'Sun Pokemon'
>doesnt use Sun Stone to evolve

>Umbreon is 'Moonlight Pokemon'
>doesn't use Moon Stone to evolve
>>
>>27541159
>Ice cream with droopy faces, stubby arms and a straw sticking out of its head
>better than a pinecone handgrenade
sure, great taste you got there
>>
>>27541183
Never said they were phenomenal designs, just not as terrible as made oit to be.
>>
>>27541159
People hate it because other people hate it, but when questioned why they actually dislike it they can't come up with an answer that isn't completely fallacious.

They might say it sucks because Pokemon are supposed to be animals and living things, conveniently forgetting Magnemite and Grimer.
They might say it's proof GF is running out of ideas, which is funny because only making more elemental variations of animals would be the true sign of an idea drought.

They actual problem is that they are just not good designs. I don't hate them for it, I just think they could have been executed better.
>>
>>27541195
You said it was better than, that's exactly what I addressed in my post
>>
>>27541232
Well compared to the pokemon i used, pineco and purugly, yeah I do feel they are a better design.
>>
>>27541159
In my specific taste, the first one is cute and has pretty good lore in disguising itself as human food so predator Pokemon pass by it and humans are more likely to want it because it reminds them of their favorite treat. That's pretty well thought out.

Then it becomes 3 foot tall derpcone, which ruins literally everything about vanillite's lore. What fucking Pokemon is going to be fooled by that? What fucking human is going to want a 3 foot tall ice cream monster? Then derpcone becomes two scoops of retarded double derpcone with a goddamned straw in it. The shiny isn't even chocolate, mint or strawberry(like vanillite was starting to hint at, but nope, derpcone is darker blue because hurr). All of that, and it's absolutely terrible in battle. It's a pure ice type which is boring as fuck. Its abilities are just goddamned ice body and weak armor when it can't take a hit in the first place. Its moveset is abyssal. It even evolves way too late to be useful in-game. It has absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Basically everything they did right with Klefki, they did wrong with Vanillish and Vanilluxe.

The worst part is, it can't even get an evolution that will fix it. It's 3 stages already and the mega will have to be based off of two scoops of retarded.
>>
>>27541159
They look too much like ice cream. It should be a passing resemblance.
>>
>>27541173
They're always intended to show off new evolution methods, Esp/Umb showing off the new time mechanic, Leaf/Glac showing off the new location-based evolution and Sylveon showing off Amie. They should have been retconned to their more obvious stone methods afterwards though, as now they have to include a randomly thrown in moss rock and icy rock in every game.
>>
>>27541159
An unnecessary three stage evolution.

You could easily streamline the unova dex by removing certain evolutions.
>>
Eeveelutions are the cutest pokemon that you might feel guilty about sticking your dick into.
>>
>>27540838
They're popular because they're the poster children of evolution gimmicks. Evolution being a pretty key component of Pokemon.

In Gen 1, they were the only branch evolution, which somewhat connected Pokemon evolution to real evolution. They were also effectively the poster child for stone evolution since Normal→Water/Electric/Fire using a stone made the stones actually seem like they had a purpose.

In Gen 2, they showed off the new friendship and day/night mechanics.

In Gen 4, they showed off evolving in specific locations. Tied into the lore of how Eevee's are affected by their environment.

In Gen 6, they showed off the new fairy type and Pokemon Amie feature.
>>
>>27541853

Moss and ice rock aren't difficult to work into the games. There's always a forest somewhere, and there's always a fucking cold area somewhere.
>>
>>27542185
I will never get why they did't put the rocks in HGSS. Ilex forest and icy path were no brainers
>>
It always annoyed me that in Gen2 Eevee didn't get a steel evolution instead of psychic.

It should've been something like level up with metal coat to showcase the item system back then.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.