[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Pokémon movie is your favorite and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon_movies.jpg (379KB, 755x1703px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_movies.jpg
379KB, 755x1703px
Which Pokémon movie is your favorite and why?
>>
Detective Pikachu
>>
File: pokemon master.jpg (64KB, 395x700px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon master.jpg
64KB, 395x700px
>>27538278
Its gotta be the second movie. I think up until the 4th movie, there was a certain charm to the movies. The second was just the last big pokemon movie that was popular in everyday culture. I can't remember anyone much playing pokemon outside of friend groups after G/S/C.

I think the movie with Zoroak is great because it has that "Ma". I remember watching it one night when it came on CN, and just being like wow this movie is so quiet and comfy. I love Ma in movies, its my favorite thing.
>>
>>27538278
The first and second movies are nostalgic and pretty good too. Rise of Darkrai was also good. I haven't seen the gen 6 ones.
>>
The ancient Pokémon and human war in the Lucario movie is pretty neat

The rest of the movie is garbage
>>
The only one that doesnt suck ass
The third one
>>
The Lucario one
>>
>>27538361
>Ma

What?
>>
>>27538278
none actually, I was just impressed with zoroark and genesect trailers at the time
>>
>>27539802
Mah nigga. No world ending catastrophes, no villain, just a girl that misses her parents
>>
>havent watched pokemon movie before
>first one i watch is black and white
>wtf is this story
>literally no bad guy
>doesn't even make you think
>it just "is"
>nothing is fucking happening.jpg
>god damn this movie is literally just for kids to point at pokemon and tell their parents that its that fucking pokemon
>legit why did my friends drag me to this

uh..
>>
>>27538278
Destiny Deoxys because the movie pulls a pretty great Kaiju movie homage throughout the whole thing posing Deoxys as the evil invader vs. Rayquaza as the protector of Earth with humanity in the middle trying to get out unscathed and interfering with the fight in order to stop it. Also has good music in both sub and dub, which is rare considering 4kids was largely phoning it in by then.

Overall a good movie with a lot of effort put into making it feel nostalgic and yet distinct as a Pokemon movie. Something the newer movies don't really capture (and honestly just feel like special hour long episodes more than anything).
>>
>>27538278
1-4 has a certain charm to them, after that it all got a little too dumb for me. The Darkrai one seemed pretty cool, though.
>>
File: zorua&zoroark.jpg (367KB, 700x899px) Image search: [Google]
zorua&zoroark.jpg
367KB, 700x899px
>>27538361
I actually liked the Zoroark movie best because it really isn't Ash's story. It's the story of a parent and child and Ash just happens to wander in to it and is a side character for most of the film. He doesn't even get to save the day! It's refreshing NOT to see Ash be the "golden child" for once.

On a side note Hoopa and the Clash of Ages SUCKED. I wanted to punch Hoopa in the face so many times. He also NEVER went away! I'd rather listen to manaphy squeal over Hoopa chattering and that's saying something.
>>
>>27538278
the 3rd one is the correct answer.
>>
>>27538278
I didn't watch them all but my favorite is the arceus one

Also, that Diancie movie was so fucking boring
>>
>>27538278
>>The First Movie
>2000
>>Spell of the Unknown
>4Ever
>Heroes
>>Destiny Deoxys
>>Rise of Darkrai
>Clash of Ages
These are the only movies worth watching IMO. More than 1 arrow means they outshine the rest
>>
>>27540823
More than one have multiple arrows faggot
>>
File: girachi27.jpg (55KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
girachi27.jpg
55KB, 450x450px
The Giratina movie was AWFUL and I loved it.
>>
>>27540842
Perhaps should have clarified more. More than 1 arrow means they are must watches. No need to be rude.
>>
How is it possible for the Pikachu Shorts to be universally better than the movies in every single way?
>>
>>27538278
I really liked Temple of the Sea, Manaphy was annoying and it didn't make sense but it was comfy. Darkrai was great, as was Zoroark. The worst is probably Kyurem, I couldn't handle the shit tier MLP voice acting and underwhelming plot.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.