[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do shiny legendaries exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2487-Shiny-Giratina.png (91KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
2487-Shiny-Giratina.png
91KB, 300x228px
I know that not all legendaries are unique or one of a kind, but there are a few that are (such as Giratina). If that's so, how can there be a shiny version of one of the unique legendaries if there is only one of them per universe.

Since the game operates around the multiverse theory (as explained in OR/AS), could it just be that when you encounter a shiny legendary that you are in a universe where that specific legendary is in it's shiny form? This would also conveniently explain variations in IVs and Natures for unique legendaries.

inb4 it's game mechanics
Just because it's game mechanics doesn't mean it lacks an explanation.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
>>
What you said basically
>>
>>27536204
>Just because it's game mechanics doesn't mean it lacks an explanation.
100% wrong, it's Pokemon not particle physics they don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>27536204
If they are that color in that universe, then are they *shinny*? Is shinny relative to the norm in that universe, or all universes?
>>
It's a game for kids, you faggot. Just shut the fuck up and play it
>>
>>27536204
Giratina isn't unique. Arceus create more.
>>
>>27536257
Why do particle physics matter, that's just the way the world is.
>>
Why not?
>>
>>27536304
It's just a bit of fun theorizing, anon. Calm down.
>>
>>27536306
In the wild there can only be one God of antimatter and the Distortion World. Arceus can create more - presumably after the first one is caught - in order to keep the universe in tact.
>>
>>27536304
In a game about multiverses and truth and ideals and a bunch of deep shit it's somehow bad to think a little deeper than just how to play the game and win battles? The story is there for a reason, fuckwad.
>>
Why does regice and registeel have such minimal changes for thier shiny versions as opposed to regirock?
>>
>>27536551
shiny color palettes were determined by an equation rather than actually thought up until recent gens
>>
It's kinda like this, one game cat ridge of any Pokemon game is one specific universe, there are millions out there but you have only one. And you, the player control it through your journey and your team. You can encounter a shiny legendary regardless.
>>
>>27536400
No. Sinjoh Ruins Arceus create more.
>>
>>27536204
>>27536306
Now I kinda want to know, which legendaries are one of a kind? I imagine Entei/Raikou/Suicune are. IIRC there was a baby Lugia in the anime. Multiple Mewtwos and Genesects exist.
>>
every time people soft reset, they open a parallel universe where the legendary is shiny.
>>
>>27537202
there are a shiny trio of entei/raikou/suicine
>>
>>27537202

I was going to say mythicals are one of a kind, but the Shaymin movies ha other Shaymins too, so I guess not.

Arceus is one of a kind, I think.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.