[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I haven't played a single Pokemon game since D/P/P. Finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1463243061976.jpg (53KB, 477x363px) Image search: [Google]
1463243061976.jpg
53KB, 477x363px
So I haven't played a single Pokemon game since D/P/P.
Finally got a decent enough income to save some cash to upgrade from my old-ass DS and get back into the series with Sun and Moon.
What are the major changes I've missed out on since then?
How has the meta-game changed?
Should I bother with any of the games released since? D/P/P were pretty bad, specifically in terms of speed.
>>
if you have a new console get XY or ORAS to catch up on new games. despite what anons here will say they're both solid games

as for the metagame, it's pretty fucked. can't help you with that
>>
>>27533011
>What are the major changes I've missed out on since then?
Megas. They are essentially super saiyan forms of Pokemon. Not everyone has this form. Some are shit(audino), some are OP. There are also Primal forms. They are legendary exclusive mega evolutions.
New type as well (Fairy). It's meant to provide balance, but it's just reshifted everything to favor the new type.

Meta wise, weather wars are no longer a thing. Most weather is nerfed to 5 turns, and Team Preview also is gone if you're on cart. Megas are a staple on every team in the meta nowadays.

My advice would be to play through the games in this order:
HGSS (for refresher and for playing the best remakes in the series to date), B/W, B/W2, XY, ORAS. This is so that you can catch up on the new mons and see if you still want to play the series.
>>
>>27533053
>>27533224
Thanks guys.
Definitely want to continue playing the series; I just wasn't really sure if Gen 4 continued with what I noticed in the first three games.
I kind of regret not just taking the plunge and playing HGSS when it was new, but those and ORAS seem pretty damn cool as far as remakes go.
What's the difference between B/W and B/W2?
How did they handle a sequel in comparison to Gen 1 and 2?

Also of note is... well, how does transferring Pokemon from gen to gen/game to game work?
I've heard that the 3DS has a pokemon storage system. Is it like a cart or an app that lets you use it like a PC in game?
>>
>>27533472
B/W and B/W2 Is just sort of a continuation of the story in the first one, good story, but by far not the best game play, so far sun and moon are looking good in both departments. Pokemon bank will be great and easy to send your Pokemon up.
>>
>>27533472
BW2 are the sequels from BW. Without giving away too much, BW2 takes place a few years after BW. There are new locations and new gym leaders and such, so it doesn't feel like you're playing the same game. The story is vastly different as well. I personally thought it was good. Think DP/Platinum but more of a change.

Pokebank is a separate app on your 3DS that allows you to upload pokemon to the cloud. It's only available for Gen 6.
>>
Al9h friendo
>>
File: 1462831980394.gif (988KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
1462831980394.gif
988KB, 500x263px
>>27533011
The biggest thing you missed was mega evolutions, but those aren't going to be in SuMo so don't even worry about it.
>>
>>27533596
Even if you don't want to inject, this.

Even if you aren't into pirating, this.

3DS softbricked? No problem, A9LH loads before 3DS does so you can run software that lets you restore backups

>>27533631
Nice meme
>>
File: 1384523688185.png (105KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1384523688185.png
105KB, 622x626px
>>27533631
Try harder

>>27533654
You can't downgrade enough to install it if you're on 11.0.0+, can you?
>>
>>27533011
Also, if ya need more help when Sun and Moon comes out, just try to get a thread like this up, and I'll try and do everything I can. I love giving a few new eggs and items to players who start back into somthin.
>>
>>27533011
Get ORAS for move tutors

S/M won't have them.
>>
>>27533631
Actually we don't know that.
>>
>>27533631
>he doesn't watch GameXplain
Why be alive?
>>
>>27533818
Always good to hear that. I used to do the same for people getting into Diamond and Pearl for the first time back before /vp/ was a thing. Appreciate it.

>>27533596
>>27533654
Could I get a bit of spoonfeeding on this, considering I don't even have a 3DS yet?

>>27533570
>>27533584
Thanks for the B/W info.
As for transferring, how convoluted is it to get old mons to new games? Or are countless hours of my time breeding and training from way back when wasted?

>>27533909
Any other tips that would help someone who went full autismo into IVs, EVs, and moves?
>>
>>27534067
Heres a quick way to transfer gen 4 mons to gen 6/above. Beat main game for BW/BW2, play a minigame to transfer 6 mon at a time. use the transfer app on the 3ds to transfer a box of pokemon to pokemon bank, the bank and transfer are free except for a 5 dollar yearly fee to keep it going. then just put them in your gen 6/ 7 game. Not sure how the Gen 1 transfer will work with virtual console. Also, breeding/shiny pokemon are alot easier now adays, so no need to worry. since I'm the guy who posted two of the little help things, just call for Regigiganon when you get your 3ds, or when sun and moon come out. You can friend code me easy then, and I'll be ready to go into description hell for Pokemon.
>>
>>27534067
>27534213
Tl:DR from Regigianon, by the end of the year, you will be set.
>>
>>27534213
Damn. That sounds pretty convoluted indeed, but neat regardless.
I'll make a note of your name, man. Thanks for all the help!

One last question since your bit about breeding and shinies piqued my interest. How MUCH easier are we talking here?
Because I remember chaining like a mother in Diamond for my shiny beldum when the planets aligned.
>>
>>27534372
Easy, ditto with destiny know and getting good IV ones from trading can do nicely to speed it up, and I'vs will be able to be changed in Sun and Moon due to a new feature. As for shinies, like the ones you find instead of breeding out the ass for, the shiny rate for wilds was from what I remember without the old Masuda method, was about 1/8000, now adays its closer to 1/4000. Besides, I breed for a lot of different trading forums for egg moves and all that.
>>
>>27534481
>IVs will be able to be changed
Holy balls.
I guess I'll see you in a few months then, Regigiganon. Thanks again.
>>
>>27534610
No prob, Just post the picture you started this thread with and name me, then I'll know its you. Arrivederci!
>>
>>27533011
>Finally
It took you nearly ten years to save up $200? I don't think you should be spending money on games right now.
>>
>>27535035
Moving out at 18 during a recession, only to be responsible with a minimum wage and take care of necessities will do that, Anon.
I am now well off, with a fixed up and functioning house and car; with a wife and an emergency savings.
I had my priorities straight, and am about to have the luxury of free time and expendable income without the aid of others. I think it's the perfect time to spend money on games right now.
I thank you for your concern though.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.