[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I have a noob question here that will probably lead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Hey guys, I have a noob question here that will probably lead to others.. I've been off the Poke wagon for years and just bought Pokemon X to get back into it, and will be getting Sun or Moon also.

Last I played, Pokemon that are traded at lower levels gain experience faster than non-traded Pokemon, but they ended up always being weaker and with worse stats. Also, Pokemon caught at higher levels ended up being weaker than those caught at lower levels. Are these things still accurate? Or are there ways around it? My understanding of EV's is minimal right now.
>>
>>27526369
Sounds like you need to read up on effort values.
>>
>>27526409

Basically I just want to know if I would be wasting my time trading over a Growlithe to my X game, because I want to get it to lvl. 100 and full time, but not at the expense of it being weaker than it should be because of the trade.
>>
Gen VI games (XY) are infamous here for basically giving you too much experience for too little effort. Dont worry about that. Your team will be overpowered at all times
>>
Play XY with the XP Share off, no items in battle, and no grinding. Good luck!
>>
File: 1459777139061.jpg (134KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459777139061.jpg
134KB, 480x640px
Listen OP, when a pokemon battles a lot, it gets stronger than a pokemon who hasn't really battled much, regardless of level.

However, it's not hard to "catch up" (since there's a limit for this difference), and it hardly matters during your first gameplay, it's practically unnoticeable. For more information on the subject, google "effort values", which wild pokemon do not have risen, but trained pokemon would get from your long journey.

traded pokemon ARE NOT WEAKER than your own pokemon, the exp. part is true, the weak part is not, maybe you got confused with something else.

You're gonna hear a lot of shit about X and Y (and probably ORAS), but truth be told, is a smooth, stable, good first experience for the franchise, the game was made for people who long abandoned the pokewagon, so, It's great you picked it up.

Just remember to have fun and catch a lot of pokemon, if you are ever interested in training better pokemon, simply start by knowing about natures, THEN figure out EV training, and THEN, and this is optional, research about pokemon IV (but this is the last more complicated stat, which matters the least)
>>
>>27526369
>they ended up always being weaker and with worse stats.
Thats not true and has never been. Being a traded mon doesnt affect max strength. The strength of pokémon depends on its genetics (IV), training (EV), its personality (nature), moves and abilities, also the item they carry and the strateic role in your team) You can train EVs of traded, caught and hatched mons equally. Traded just level up faster, so dont worry. Gamefreak loves to promote trade after all.

But still You can get to lvl 100 more easily now. Use O-powers, hold Lucky egg and use Exp. Share. And battle the expensive restaurants in Lumiose
>>
>>27527483
>Thats not true and has never been.
Back when RBY were new, all material claimed what OP says on his post. We're talking the manual, official guides and even stadium's library.

My guess is that what they meant is that faster leveling from being traded gives less time to accumulate EVs and a wild pokemon has none, so it will look weaker. But, who knows, early material told you to waste masterballs on common shit.
>>
>>27527287
This.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.