[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Design Alola Forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

File: Alola Pokemon Forms Redux.png (250KB, 1245x286px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Pokemon Forms Redux.png
250KB, 1245x286px
We had this thread yesterday with 3 different Pokemon, so lets try it with 5 new ones.

Feel free to design/drawn them out yourself or just discuss what you feel these mons would be like in terms of typing difference (if they even have them) or looks if they were to possess an Alola Form as well.
>>
>>27525722
Alola forms are cool and all,but they are not really needed and another shitty gimmick by Gamefreak really. I mean why in absolute fuck would a Fire Type mutate into an Ice Type? That Icetales should have been a new pokemon fuck GF's lack of creativity.
>>
>>27525722
i could do some draws if anyone wants to suggest typings?
>>
>>27525722
Sudowoodo
>after years of mimicking a tree, people started catching onto its disguise, thus it evolved into a different type to fool careless trainers by developing a thick bark around itself
>Looks exactly the same
>Grass type with Dry Skin and Sap Sipper as abilities
>>
>>27525758
You're an idiot.
>>
File: 1470242380142.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1470242380142.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>27525758
>>
>>27525788
Go with what you feel in your heart anon.
>>
>>27525839
>>27525887
HOW AM I AN IDIOT? HUH TELL ME HOW?

My point here is just how far will this Tauroscrap go will we get Unova formes or Sinnoh formes and its just retyping its a load of Tauros shit.
>>
>>27525758
>>27525916
Wild retard appears!
>>
>>27525916
I bet you say Arceus damn it, too. Fuck off, underage faggot.
>>
Stop replying guys, thread has potential.
>>
File: 1449034445748.jpg (87KB, 838x850px) Image search: [Google]
1449034445748.jpg
87KB, 838x850px
>>27525758
Here's your (You)

I'm tired of people complaining about GF finally using the form difference correctly.
>>
Alolan Paras/Parasect
Bug/Ground
The fungus most commonly associated with the Paras line could not adapt to Alola's tropical environment, freeing this subspecies of its control. Alolan Paras and Parasects are typically found burrowed in Alola's hot sands, allowing only their eyes to peek above the ground and search for prey.

Alolan Geodude / Graveler / Golem
Steel/Fire
The Geodude line underwent significant changes as a result of their living in proximity to Alola's active volcanoes. After many years spent bathing in magma flows deep beneath the Earth, its surface layers were pressurized into a thick metal coating, the energy released from this process concentrating into a molten core.

Alolan Natu / Xatu
Fairy/Flying
Due to harsh competition with Alola's native bird population and diurnal predators, Xatu brought to the Alola region were forced to maintain nocturnal existences. As a result of meditating under and bathing in lunar radiation, their psychic powers waned while a new, more spiritual power developed. No longer crippled by their ability to constantly see both the past and the future, Alolan Xatu concern themselves more with the here and now, cultivating their inner spirit by helping troubled souls reach inner peace.
>>
File: image.png (545KB, 1600x4096px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
545KB, 1600x4096px
>>27525722
Alola Sudowudo
Rock and dragon
>>
>>27525722
Meh.. Froslass deserves a Mega Evo
>>
>>27525962
But its redundant pointless type changes you Stunfisk.
>>
>>27525964
I like it
>>
>>27526003
Some of us enjoy Worldbuilding and different takes on out favorite Pokemon. It's not anymore "pointless" than Wormadam or Deerling forms.
>>
Alakazam is now Dark/Fighting

Ludicolo is now Grass/Fire

Marowak is now Fire
>>
>>27526049
But you will eventually have to Region morph all pokemon or its a stupid feature.
>>
File: icegolem.png (193KB, 772x572px) Image search: [Google]
icegolem.png
193KB, 772x572px
ice golem
the snow builds up on its back and settles into the cracks
it grows a beard made from icicles and forms an ice 'helmet' (learns more headbutting moves?)

any requests?
>>
>>27526101
>every animal on Earth has to mutate significantly to survive on any given biome
You are not very clever, eh?
>>
>>27526101
Why all of them? Only the ones that fit the region need to be changed and the rest can be kept normal.
>>
>>27525758
I think last I saw of a strawpoll, 86% of 243 people on /vp/ really liked Icetales. I think it's great to give us something new to play with with that, at the same time, will help keep the total number of pokemon lower so we don't all go insane trying to remember thousands of them
>>
>>27525758
>Tauroscrap
>Tauros shit
> you Stunfisk
What are you fucking gay?
>>
Alolan Sudowoodo
Ground/Fire
Water Absorb

After spending many years living in a moist, tropical environment, Sudowoodo imported to the Alola region were forced to adapt defensive measures against water. Their normally hard surface structure gradually became soft and porous so as to better absorb moisture. As they shifted to a more aquatic lifestyle they began clustering around undersea volcanic vents in miniature "forests", eventually developing a resistance to and eventually a biological need for the heat produced by them.
>>
File: Alola Mons.png (466KB, 1250x649px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Mons.png
466KB, 1250x649px
I like doing this, really enjoyed figuring these out actually. Not the best drawings, but oh well.
>>
>>27525758
If it makes you feel any better, I agree that the alolan Ninetails/Sandslash should just be new pokemon rather than old pokemon recolored blue.

I still like Alolan forms as a concept, though. As stupid as it looks and how random the dragon typing is, alolan Exeggutor is a nice alternate form for an otherwise rarely used pokemon.
>>
>>27525722
parasect with a pretty fungus who doesn't take the control: bug/fairy OR fairy/poison
or parasect without this fungus: bug/normal OR bug
golem with lava: rock/fire
xatu: ?
sudowoodo: ?
froslass: with rock instead these ice things, rock/ghost (evolve from a rock snorunt)
>>
>>27526345
Ah shit, I forgot the Bug typing on Parasect, I'm dumb.
>>
>>27525964
Why do people think paras is a crab, stip throwing it on beaches
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 235x240px
>>27525722
Fire/Rock Golem found in Volcano's. I tried my best...
>>
>>27525964
These are actually good ideas
>>
>>27526461
We need these.
>>
>>27526439
Insects can be on beaches. Sand flies are a pain in the ass, and sand fleas, while actually being crustaceans, are still a pain in the ass.
>>
>>27525722
>Water/Bug Parasect
Instead of being prey to a parasitic mushroom, the Alolan Parasect lives naturally inside of a shell, like a hermit crab. Its eyes have pupils too.
>Fighting/Fire type Golem
Instead of its usual stones, Golem is encased in hot coals, which invigorate it.
>Ghost/Psychic Xatu
Something about Tikis, That's all I've got.
>Rock/Dragon Sudowoodo
Fuck it, make it a tiny fake version of alolan exeggutor.
>Fire/Ghost Froslass
A much bulkier, offense-focused Froslass would be great, maybe even a physical attacker. Swap the light blue with orange, and change the ice horns into flaming coals, maybe.
>>
File: marowak fire.png (187KB, 716x671px) Image search: [Google]
marowak fire.png
187KB, 716x671px
>>27526345
nice i like that xatu, makes sense

Marowak
Ground/fire

The flame staff and skull patterns are like in hawaiian fire dancing stuff
i was gona give it a grass skirt too but ehh
>>
>>27526439
Probably because it looks like a crab instead of the Cicada its supposed to be.
>>
>>27526523
Yeah but everyone just assumes its based on a crab
>>
Alolan Snorunt / Glalie / Froslass
Fire
Fire/Steel
Ghost/Fire

Snorunt that were driven out of their icy caves by invasive species were eventually forced to settle in and adapt to warmer climates. They adjusted their overcoats so as to resemble solar panels or tanning reflectors, allowing them to better absorb the sun's rays for sustenance.

Glalies that evolve from these Snorunts develop bodies made out of metal with an extremely high thermal conductivity. Able to take in and store significant amounts of solar radiation simply by basking in the sun for a few hours each day, a rampaging Alolan Glalie can glow with enough light to act as a miniature star, turning night into day and blinding anyone that stares directly into its reflective surface.

Occasionally an Alolan Snorunt will wander away from the beaches and into volcanic territory, lured by the significant amounts of heat given off from lava pools. Should one accidentally fall into these pools in their attempts to absorb their heat, they will be reborn as Alolan Froslass. Said to be the spirits of volcanoes, these Froslass produce incredible amounts of heat; the air around them is constantly dry, as any moisture in the vicinity immediately evaporates.
>>
>>27525916
>>27526003
>Tauroscrap
>You Stunkisk
That's how.

>>27526138
>STILL icing Golem
Seriously, though, how about Alakazam?
>>
>>27525815
Fuck I want this
>>
File: 1464222462458.png (13KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1464222462458.png
13KB, 160x160px
>>27526345
>Just adds palm fronds and coconuts onto 3/5 mons

Think you might've limited your scope there a bit
>>
>>27525968
needs a tail
>>
>>27526563
Thanks, I like that Marowak myself.
>>
File: parasect aloha.png (24KB, 154x286px) Image search: [Google]
parasect aloha.png
24KB, 154x286px
>Parasect
Grass/Ghost

Kind of like a death cap/head combo. Could probably have some more red decorating it. Might draw some better versions of it later. Probably gets levitate or something like that.
>>
>>27526690
Well I thought it fit Sudowoodo very well and I was thinking more of a grass skirt/hulu dancer thing with Froslass, couldn't really figure out what to turn the ice horns into, so I just went with coconuts. I do admit that was a bad idea on my part.

Parasect probably could have done without the palm trees too, but I was trying to keep the plant theme he had going, it just wasn't a parasitic mushroom this time. Could have used a flower or something though instead.
>>
File: sudorocko.jpg (82KB, 804x651px) Image search: [Google]
sudorocko.jpg
82KB, 804x651px
Sudowoodo
Type: Grass
>>
Alolan Golem
Poison/Ground
BST: 70/110/45/45/85/130
Golem has traded its rock shell for a bunch of dung. Its head and limbs are now black with a few beetle-like features, and its teeth are a rancid yellow. Alolan Golem not longer has its high defense, but it is much faster. It learns the new move Sludgeplosion, which is a new version of Self-Destruct that poisons all foes that it hits, though it may be slightly weaker. It has the ablilty Poison Touch.
>>
>>27526890

Kek
>>
>>27526890
first one i like
>>
>>27526704

Is that supposed to be the mushroom floating, with Parasect's limp corpse hanging down?
>>
>>27526890
>Wants to be a plant
>Finally becomes a plant and wants to be a rock again

What a little bitch.
>>
>>27525815
I was thinking that Alolan Sudowoodo should mimic a palm tree.
>>
>>27529575
yeah, and needs to be ice, ghost, or dark type because those are the only types deltas can be. :3
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.