[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M-megas are coming back in S&M, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
M-megas are coming back in S&M, right?
>>
I hope not
>>
>>27522737
It's over. They're dead. You'll never see them again.
>>
>>27522737
they wouldnt get rid of a core game mechanic, especially ones they pushed as much as megas
>>
File: 992314-charizard.jpg (156KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
992314-charizard.jpg
156KB, 500x500px
>>27522750
But what about Pokemon who need them to remain competitive?
>>
>>27522737
I really hope not.
Most of them where ugly as sin.
And super attacks kind of makes them redundant.

I expect each new gen will have its own super gimmick from here on out.
>>
>>27522783
>And super attacks kind of makes them redundant.

A one use per battle attack makes a super form that lasts the entire battle redundant?
>>
File: 1384514558715.gif (775KB, 500x281px)
1384514558715.gif
775KB, 500x281px
>>27522783
>And super attacks kind of makes them redundant.

haha
>>
Yes, they are very well-liked and they produce a lot of money if we talk about merchandise.
>>
>>27522755
>>27522764
Gamefreak does not care about the Meta.
At least not as much as you seem to think.
>>
>>27522737
YES, probably. Since is not the main feature this time they'll wait for later to show there's one or two more and let the players discover the rest.
>>
>>27522737
Hard to say. I can't see them being gone completely, but Sun/Moon may be making them a post game addition, if so probably not adding any new ones. The lack of information so far makes me inclined to think this is the case.

On the other hand, they have had a LOT of new things happen this Gen. So it may be that there will be megas in the main game, and new ones, but they're holding off on the release until later so as to not blow their wad too early.

Its interesting to note that none of the leaks seem to have really touched on megas much one way or the other.
>>
Why the fuck does this board ignore the fact that the protagonist has a keyslot on his fucking bracelet?
>>
>>27522803
>>27522808
Yep.
Just look at all the other recent Nintendo entries. Expecially Kirby. Temporary super powers exclusive to each game have become comon to regular series.

Think about it. We haven't even seen a hint to any megas this gen.
>>
>>27522737

People who seriously think GF would abandon them are seriously fucking retarded.
Like no kidding you have to be an absolute fucktard with legitimate low IQ to believe that.
>>
>>27522861
Because its for the new Z attack crystals.
>>
The existing mega forms will still be around and I'm sure it will all be consolidated into "Z-forms" or whatever.
>>
>>27522888
And what would be your reasoning?
>>
>>27522737
No. Megas were a mistake.
>>
>>27522888

Adding and removes features for no reason is what gamefreak has been doing for a long time, though.
>>
>>27522737
Fuck megas, I want seasons
>>
File: image.png (116KB, 302x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116KB, 302x245px
>>27522889
Stay retarded, /vp/.
>>
File: 1457451746305.jpg (4MB, 3536x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1457451746305.jpg
4MB, 3536x2500px
>>27522737

Yeah, but probably post-game only.

If you look on the bottom of the Z-Bracelet there is a Keystone slot.
>>
>>27522803
What Pokemon besides M. Kangeskhan have anything to offer post mega evolution?
>>
>>27522916

They took all that time modelling and designing the new forms they are basically new Pokemon. It's like if they removed entire Pokemon and made them non-existent. It's fucking retarded.
I seriously can't even express how stupid the suggestion even is.
>>
>>27522862
Mario and Kirby have always been like that. You can't compare them to Pokemon.
>>
>>27522927
Yeah. See: nut balls, pokeblock, contests, poffins, following pokemon, the underground, end game battle resorts, and so on.
>>
>>27522927
>Adding and removes features for no reason is what gamefreak has been doing for a long time, though.

Mega Evolution is too big of a mechanic to just straight up remove.

>>27522911
>it will all be consolidated into "Z-forms" or whatever.

I can see something like this happening. It's probably part of the reason why they haven't mentioned Megas yet. They're probably changing something about how they work.

Maybe they'll become permanent evolutions?
>>
>>27522916
Your reasoning for them being removed is simply that they haven't shown up yet.
You aren't in any position to demand any sort of explanation for them coming back.
Kill yourself, you complete fucking retard.
>>
hopefully not
>>
>>27522936
A circle. A circle is your base of reasoning.
>>
>>27522750

Alright Masuda. Thanks for the confirmation.
>>
>>27522980
Are you implying that fucking pokeblocks and poffins are anything like the ultra-marketable and hyped concept of Mega Evolution?
>>
>>27522927
>>27522980
None of those features were incorporated into the series as a whole the way Megas have been. They've in every spinoff game lately, the anime, merch, advertising, etc

Hell, one of their fucking stores in Japan mega evolved. Not even kidding.
>>
>>27522995
Well yeah. No attention whatsoever has lead me to believe they probably have moved on from the idea.

What's got you sperging?
>>
>>27522927

Mega Evolution is not a just a "feature".
If that needs to be explained to you I don't know what to say. You're essentially removing an entire group of meta defining pokemon from the game completely. I don't think you understand what kind of impact that has.
>>
>>27522968
So they have to come back because otherwise the designs would be wasted?
>>
>>27522980

Are you really comparing any of those to Mega Evolution?

Hahahaha
>>
>>27523054
Changing the meta os a pretty common thing for GF to do.
Hell, just look at Z attacks.
>>
>>27522927

It's not just a feature. It's a huge chunk of content that ALREADY FUCKING EXISTS. It's like expecting fucking 4th gen evolutions to be removed Eeveelutions.

>>27523062
Yes. Yes exactly. They are treated as if they were seperate fucking Pokemon and took the same time to develop as any of the new Pokemon.
>>
>>27522737
yes
there's a reason Z moves require you to hold an item
to stop mega + zmoves fucking up everything

old ones will return, but doubt they will make any new megas
>>
>Mega evolution is too important to remove!
Mega evolution was a marketing gimmic that only applied to Meta fags. It made the main campaigns retard proof and the lack of attention this gen pretty much screams out that they're done with it.
>>
>>27523102
So was knotch eared pichu
>>
I swear to god

if Dragonite and Arcanine don't FUCKING GET A MEGA I WILL KILL MYSELF

FUCK

but I mean seriously if ORAS, a rehash nothing new game had megas come along then surely MoSu will too.
>>
They are in sun and moon, but they will be only available post game, you get the keystone as son you arrive to Kalos using the ss Anne, mega stones are hidden all over Kalos and you can choose mega evolve or use z attack in battle.

Believe me, my uncle works at Nintendo.
>>
File: 1455493928218.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1455493928218.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>yfw Exeggutor gets a Mega
>>
File: 1461230168783.gif (4MB, 172x200px)
1461230168783.gif
4MB, 172x200px
Adios Mega evolutions. See ya. Bye bye. Later kid. See ya never! Maybe next year, Maxwell. Toodles. Au revoire. Peace, faggot. Gone 4 gud. Never again. Not on my watch. Not in this lifetime. Not if I have anything to say about it. Siyanara.
>>
>>27522862
>Think about it. We haven't even seen a hint to any megas this gen.
Think about it. We haven't see a hint to any other Pokemon except the ones we know, to any evil team, to any Pokemon not being already shown being programmed in the game, to any first evolution of the starters, to any healing items, to any evolution stone, to any whatever the fuck else.
>>
>>27523176
>an alternative sprite is comparable to something that is basically a new fucking Pokemon
Ok.
>>
>>27523147
>being this fucking stupid
Children and casuals don't give a fuck about the meta, but you know what they loved? Mega evolutions

You think they're going to take away mawile's evolution because it's not the focus feature of gen 7? Theyre probably not going to add new megas, but previous megas will be there. And you will more than likely be forced to choose between using a mega or a Z attack on your team, giving an alternative to those who don't like to use megas but still want to compete with them
>>
>>27523187
>MoSu

Thisisbait. Jpg
>>
>One mon HAS to hold a mega stone
>One mon HAS to hold a Z-move item

Nothing better than restricting your playerbase, right guys? Fuck strategy.
>>
GUYS
THEY HAVEN'T SHOWN A SINGLE TRADE EVOLUTION YET

DO YOU THING THEY'VE REMOVED GENGAR FROM THE GAME ALONG WITH ALL TRADE EVOS?
>>
>>27523312
>>27523312
see
>>27523256
>>
>>27523303
>slap choice whatever or focus sash or leftovers on everything
>strategy
>>
This thread is a good example why Pokemon fans are called austistic.
>>
>>27522737
ULTIMATE FORMATION
SHOOT
>>
>>27523312
>>27523260
>Megas are super popular and a big marketing draw!
>But not enough for them to advertise it in any way this gen
Got it.
>>
>>27522812
They do, however, care about charizard
>>
>>27523419
Good point actually.
which is why the gen 1 starters will get Alolan forms
>>
>>27523408
>Starter evos are super popular and a big marketing draw!
>But not enough for them to advertise it in any way this gen
Got it.
>>
>>27523408

You ever thought that they maybe (just maybe) they would probably want to, I don't know, advertise the new features of the game first? Nah nah that doesn't make any sense. Just ignore me.
>>
File: MEGAEGGS.png (2MB, 3360x2784px)
MEGAEGGS.png
2MB, 3360x2784px
>>27523255

Took a long time to make this for you

M-Alola-Exeggutor
>>
>>27523534
Not as popular as Megas as is claimed on this thread.

Besides, they always save starter evos till late in the marketing campaign. Megas have been some of the first.
>>
>>27523565
Sure. That's possible. But if it's really that important to the franchise, one might think they would have shown off some new ones by now.
>>
The main reason they're bringing them back is because they wouldn't wanna upset Charizard fags
>>
>>27522956
Salamence, Gengar, Diancie, Ray-quay-quay if we're talking end-all, be-all. Different meta's and battle-styles have at least a bunch of others.
>>27522862
The only downside of a mega was the fact that it must hold a stone. Even then certain megas are insanely good.

Z-moves are bound to fail outside of double-battles, because:
>need to hold a Z-Stone
Means you can't hold a normal item and can't even mega-evolve, making the pokemon in question weaker than any other set it could run.
>1 time use per battle
Means that it's at very best a OHKO and then you're left with a shittier set of the one you could've ran pokemon.

In other words, Z-Moves will be used together with double-legendary and a mega in official double-team tourneys and be absolutely useless in a normal, more popular 1v1 battles, outside of some nearly-guaranteed niche setup.

/vp/ to Pokemon is like /tg/ to MtG.
>>
>>27523614
They just revealed new forms, thats their big new thing, just wait till next month and you'll see info on megas. Maybe some Alola only forms will get a new mega.
>>
>Region Forms are just "Branches" of the normal Pokemon.
>Mega works as a "End point" for both the Normal and Region form Pokemon.
>Hypothetically, Mega Sandslash would either be a Ground/Steel Type, or a Ground/Ice Type, depending on if they want the Region forms to be "Important".
>>
>>27523650
Well, I'll have to remain sceptical until then.
>>
>>27523614
Mewtwo is really important to the franchise. Where is it? Nowhere. It means they erased it or that it won't be in SM.
>>
>>27522737
Most likely. They're an evolution gimmick like much like the G4 cross-gen evolutions, and like any alt-form for legendaries they were brought back in sequel games.

A better question would be if we get any more, which I for one hope we do.
>>
>>27523716
It might not be?
Hes only been catchable in 3 gens as far as I can recall (remakes notwithstanding).
>>
>>27523255
I hope the Alakazam rumor is true, because I can't imagine a pure Fighting type Alakazam and a Mega Fighting type one would be insane.
>>
>>27522936

The shading makes it clear that's a flat circle rather than a slot like the diamonds.
>>
They're removing regular evolutions by stones too.
They haven't shown any stone evolutions in the trailers. Coincidence??
>>
>>27523773
I don't mean catchable, i mean being in the actual game as an usable Pokemon.
>>
>>27523853
Well sure it will. It's not a special form that requires a gimmic item.
>>
Don't Megas require something like the tower from X/Y or the replica tower from OrAs?
>>
>>27523893
But they haven't shown it at all. Mewtwo was shown super early in gen 6's life.
If they haven't shown it, it means it's not an important Pokemon, that nobody cares about it, and that it's not in the newest games.
>>
>>27523147

>that only applied to Meta fags

They pushed Megas so hard they introduced new Megas IN THE DAME FUCKING GEN making the games not even fully compatible. The only thing it did was create two different metas that can't even play against each other.

They'd remove half of the players of official tournaments and shit to push megas. That's how much they want them. Megas stay and I would even be surprised if no new megas at all will be introduced.
At the very least I expect Johto starters
And if they're the only ones they've probably not been shown because they want them to be a big reveal
>>
File: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.jpg (30KB, 470x359px) Image search: [Google]
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.jpg
30KB, 470x359px
>Megas now don't require a Megastone.
>You can have a whole team of Mega Pokemon.
>Mega is now considered a true 3rd Stage.
>Mfw
>>
>>27523176
>Spiky eared Pikachu is the same thing as a completely new Pokemon with completely new stats and abilities etc.
>>
File: nidoking.jpg (165KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nidoking.jpg
165KB, 1200x1200px
Ok, what about this:

It was strongly suggested in Delta Episode that Gen 6 takes place in an offshoot universe where the main difference is Mega Evolution exists.

So what if Gen 7 is back in the previous Gen 3-5 universe, where there are no megas, but instead we get the previous megas as Alola or alternate forms?

Possible?
>>
>>27523925
I think you're missing the point.
People claim that Megas are going to be in because they're a popular gimmic, vital to the marketing. But the lack of any attention at all shows that it's not important to them this gen. Everything else is a known given. We know we'll see starter evos and we know we'll be able to trade in old Pokemon. Megas are an unknown and the lack of attention comes off as a lack of support for such a young idea.
>>
>>27523947
>>27523147

Megas are literally just Gen 6s take on the Cross-gen evolutions. Gen 2 and 4 had their own cross-gens and plenty of them, and their regular dexes were tiny if you dont count them. Same with Gen 6.

Gen 3 and 5 had nearly no connection to prior gens and had larger than average dexes.
>>
>>27523972
>Mega Pokemon are a brand new battle mechanic.
>Spiky eared Pichu was movie promotion, unable to evolve, and trade.
>>
>>27522764
You mean the ones that broke the meta because of their megas...
>>
>>27524001
They literally cannot remove megas, because thats several dozen Pokemon being taken out of the game for literally no reason.
We're not getting NEW Megas, but that doesnt mean we're not getting any at all....

>>27524009
Mega Pokemon arent a mechanic. Theyre new Pokemon.
>>
>>27522737
yes, they are
>>
File: 1604.jpg (41KB, 360x495px)
1604.jpg
41KB, 360x495px
>>27522737
Sadly, No. Also, they removed all the mega stones from the game, like the gems in XY.

Try the new and improved gimmick called Alolan Species, anon.
>>
>>27523446
No they won't because starters will never be catchable in the wild and there's no rhyme or reason as to why they would need to adapt to anything on Alola
>>
>>27524027
Megas are no more new pokemon than their alolan forms.
>>
>>27523980
Very very unlikely.
>>
They're holding off showing them for when they reveal Alola Alakazam who will have its own mega
>>
>>27523582
is that the final boss of the internet?
>>
Of course they're coming back, anyone who says differently is fucking retarded. At absolute worst we won't get any new ones this gen.
>>
>>27524170
They've had half a year to show us anon. Im starting to fear they won't have any megas at all.
;_;
>>
>>27524027
But they are part of the battle mechanics of the Game, even having a added part of the Battle menu, if that Pokemon is Mega Evolve enabled.

They are "New Pokemon", but they are just branched off versions of existing Pokemon, meaning you can only use them via an existing Pokemon, unlike like Brand New Pokemon.

Alolan forms are in a sense, the same as Megas. Unless they are categorized as a separate Pokemon in the Pokedex.
>>
>>27524208
>They've had half a year to show us anon. Im starting to fear they won't have any megas at all.

Probably because they've got so many new things to show, why would they blow it all at once?

No new megas, maybe. Also making them a post game only thing. But no way they are removing the mechanic itself.
>>
>>27523582
I love it. It actually looks like a dragon.
>>
>>27524209
But theyre not. Alolan Vulpix isnt a branch from a regular Vulpix, its more like how Trash Cloak Wormadam and Sandy Cloak Wormadam are different.

Mega Evolution is more like how Gyarados isnt a Magikarp, only theyre temporary so they dont occupy a new slot. If you'd rather, theyre more similar to how Rotom or Giratina have an alternate form; one has to hold an item to do so, the other actually gets a boosted BST out of it.

Plus if Megas are removed, then so will Dragon Ascent.
And a multitude of items.
And beedrill will no longer have any use.
And many battle strategies will die.

>>27524208
They dont need to introduce any more. But you literally cannot remove them. As other anons pointed out, it's not like Gen 5 removed the fact that trading a haunter to someone evolves it into Gengar.
Or changed how Eevee evolves.

Megas are not a fucking mechanic, I cannot understand how people think they are. Theyre literally just form changes and evolutions merged together.
>>
>>27524351
>Plus if Megas are removed, then so will Dragon Ascent.
Unimportant. We have super attacks now.
>And a multitude of items.
Happens every gen.
>And beedrill will no longer have any use.
Tons of Pokemon dont have any use.
>And many battle strategies will die.
So what? People have to make new ones every gen regardless.
>But you literally cannot remove them.
They literally can.
>>
what if the mega stone mechanic is removed and the transformation is just an inherent ability some pokemon have like fug
>>
Mega stones work like regular evolutionary stones now, it's a permanent change but there's only a few in game unless you rematch or super train.
>>
>>27524508
Doubtful. They're a balancing mechanic. More to the point, WHY would they even do that?
>>
G-guys during gen 6 pre-release period they didn't advertise triple and rotation battles! Could it be that they removed them from X and Y?!
>>
>>27524637
Nice tr. But those weren't nearly as hyped up as megas where.
>>
>>27524664
They're also still in XY.
>>
>I hope Black Kyurem and White Kyurem will come back in XY
Any form of any Pokemon are here to stay through the generation, megas included
>>
>>27524664
>>27524689
that's the point, right now they aren't talking about megas only because they're not a new feature anymore, nevertheless they will still be in the games
>>
>>27524689
Again you miss the point. Megas where a massive marketing campaign. Something that would have been revealed much sooner of it where still relevant.

The new battle systems of gen5 where side additions. Staples. Battle Royale has more lasting probability than Megas
>>
File: Mega-Mawile.png (268KB, 1086x1200px)
Mega-Mawile.png
268KB, 1086x1200px
>>27522944
This. I'll dead if my favourite Mega
disappears.
>>
>>27524116
The starters do exist in the wild though. They arent legendary, according to the logic of the game there are multiple charmander out there.

Cant you just imagine an NPC handing you one mid game? "Here, anon, this is a super rare pokemon that migrated to the Kanto region!"
>>
>>27522737
There's just no way GF is removing from the games 48 fucking pokemon. They're not a minor feature like day/night cycle in gen 2 that got removed in gen 3. They're actual evolutions, even if temporary, with their own design, stats and abilities, they're not going anywhere for the time being
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.