[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about no traditional gyms being in Sun & Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

File: kukui.png (166KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
kukui.png
166KB, 400x300px
What do you think about no traditional gyms being in Sun & Moon?
>>
>>27509794
good
the new boss pokemon look interesting
>>
I think it's a great idea and hope they continue to mix up the formula in future games.
>>
>>27509794
Very good
>>
Interesting change
Could be good or bad, we'll have to wait and see
>>
I don't mind, as long as long as there's still plenty of trainers in-game. But it feels weird to make all these unique captains and not have them battle you.
>>
I'm just wondering what this means for future games. A lot of the names and words associated with the new system are pretty explicitly hawaii related. What's going to happen when we aren't on Hawaii anymore? Will they pick up new names? Keep the other names like "Totem Pokemon" and "Kahuna"? Switch back to the old system"?
>>
>>27509794
Still waiting on an option to join the evil team, but it's a nice change.
>>
>>27509794
I dislike it if it means the gym formula is over since Dark never got a gym.

Apart from that, I think it could be interesting. Players, myself included, have been getting bored of the gym leaders and their lack of challenge. I think the trial captains populating the islands to run up to 16, with totem mons, and island kahunas, is plenty of bosses to keep up with players as they level up.
>>
I hope it's just a one time thing and not gonna continue throughout other generations
>>
>>27509841
I think it'll probably switch back to the old system unless the next region is also some secluded place far away that also wouldn't have a league set up.
>>
>>27509841
>implying there will be a gen 8
>>
>>27509874
>implying this is gen 7
>>
>>27509871
The nti just feels kind of pointless. What if this system works out really well and is really popular, better than the old one? Why come up with the new system at all if it was just going to be switched back again? Especially the idea of Totem Pokemon which is a pretty normal RPG thing that Pokemon has been lacking for a logn time. Thee's just a lot of questions. I don't care or have an opinion either way but it's a big question mark of what the future looks like.
>>
>>27509896
Well aeeing as the leak says AZ will show up, your right. This is gen 6.5
>>
>>27509938
Wow you're retarded. The devs literally said this is a new gen.
>>
>>27509854
I think that's a good idea but it should definitley be an option not a forced upon storyline.
>>
>>27509909
They stress that Alola has a different culture on the site. If the next region is in, say, London, I doubt they'll have this new system.
>>
It is good. Pokemon traditionally plays too close to home, its good for it to stray a bit.

I suspect that, although the content looks fairly different from gyms, the story structure of A->B->C->D will still remain, so people who crave non-linear games will probably be disappointed.
>>
>>27509828
pretty much this
>>
>>27509829
pretty sure they will, its just they they have extra challenges along with battling.
>>
>>27509794
Honestly I have mixed feelings.

These are just glorified side quests we are going to be doing. If I remember the trailer correctly one of the trials was a fetch quest to find fou ingredients?

I mean whose to say we couldn't have had Gyms and Trials.

Something I have aleays wanted in Pokemon is side missions/objectives and that's what we are pretty much going to be doing in these games, glorified side quests.
>>
>>27509794
I'm iffy on it but I think I might like it better when I actually try it.
>>
>>27509841
The standard formula's been broken. They're probably just going to keep playing with different formats from here out, aside from when they want to play the "back to basics" card.
>>
>>27509865
This.
>>
>>27509814
>You think there'll be future pokemon games.
I am so sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPKq4lk1NQ
>>
>>27509841
Well, Pokemon-amie was carried over to the hoenn remakes, so I could see Totem Pokemon being as well. Totem sounds generic enough, and it's easy to mention they were first sighted in a far away tropical region.

Kahuna is a title related to being the strongest of an Alola island so no.
>>
>>27511633
I'm thinking these trials are just expanded versions of the increasingly complex gym puzzles.
I'm sure there will still be a fair share of battling during these trials.
>>
>>27510033
6.5 is technically a different number from 6. And generations are just fan made names for the games that are similar.
>>
>>27512964

Please peddle your unfunny, retarded YouTube celebrity trash somewhere else
>>
>>27513221
Give it a watch, it's pretty entertaining
(not op)
>>
Aren't the orange islands based on Hawaii?!
Why they are creating another region based on it?
>>
>>27509829
>But it feels weird to make all these unique captains and not have them battle you.

Literally nowhere does it say they don't battle you.
>>
File: 1467653603620.png (374KB, 479x738px) Image search: [Google]
1467653603620.png
374KB, 479x738px
>no images
>>
I like it

They want to risk doing something fresh and new that isn't like Gen 5 where you only get new Pokemon

I can't wait

I love the idea of challenge leaders, Kahuna's and especially the Totem Pokemon that were built to be OP
>>
>>27513444
you ruined us
>>
I'm not really sure how to feel -- I might like it better once I get into the games proper, but for now it's all new and strange. And exciting, but I will kind of miss the gyms. (Also a tad buttmad about Dark never getting a Gym.)

They're trying new things and going all-out, it seems like. I wonder sometimes if this is shaping up to be the last mainline Pokemon game. I'd hope not -- but at least for Alola, I'm excited for something new.
>>
>>27509854
>he didn't join team rocket on nugget bridge
>>
File: autism.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>27512964
>>
>>27513213
6.5 is never happening faggot so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>27509794
Captains are essentially gym leaders. Type specialization, etc etc.

It's hard to believe we won't battle them at some point.

Regardless, it's fine. Totem pokémon battles have potential. Captain trials and battles are cool too.

It's a change. I'll have to wait to see how it plays out but I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>27513213
>generations are just fan made names for the games that are similar
They're not though retard
>>
Why is everyone assuming we won't fight the trial captains? No reason not to just give them a team so it still matches the general flow of the previous ones
>>
>>27509854
We are the bad guys. Team Instinct, Valor, and Mystic. S&M has connectivity with Pokemon Go
>>
>>27509794
I hope the leaks are true and we can choose some of the captains to become gym leaders in the postgame, so I can finally establish the first ever Dark-type gym.
>>
File: Pokemon-OrangeIslandsSeason.png (119KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-OrangeIslandsSeason.png
119KB, 320x240px
>>27509794
>Alolan forms are traditional Pokemon that look different depending on the environment
>Differently set up league
>Tropical island adventure
I love it. It's like the Orange Island league in a sense. I'd still like to know if there will be an Elite Four or if Alola will have its own thing for that as well.
>>
>>27509794
Honestly didn't think GF would do it. Or at least not yet I suppose. The old formula seemed to still be working well enough, realistically they could have squeezed out another gen or two of the same shit.

I'm more than glad they were proactive enough to surprise me though. This could be really cool.
>>
>>27514080
I'd support him, even though I have no idea what his plan is.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 480x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 480x406px
>>27512964
>that whole thing
>>
>>27509829
>>27511582
>>27513424
There's literally a scene in the trailer at the start of the battle with the guy in the OP, he has three Pokemon.
>>
I don't think gyms will be taken out in future games, Alola is different, you could consider it a 'smaller' region with 3 inhabited islands (could be 4 but I see no buildings on the map) and Hawaii has a lot of culture and trials so it makes sense to have it's own system.
Gyms are a staple to the games, this time they're just switching it up and trying something else.
All they need to do and work on making the gym leaders more important to the story other than just having them at their gym doing nothing, they just need more character and give a better reason to take on gyms.
>>
>>27509794
It was bound to happen eventually.
They could only go so long using that formula every single time. I need to see more about how they're implementing the replacement before I give full judgement though.
>>
>>27512964
All these other faggots don't know what they are talking about anon. I saw that vid a few weeks ago and i think its cool. They obviously didn't watch the whole vid.
>>
Wait is this already confirmed? No gyms at all? So no E4?
>>
>>27512964
This guy again. He builds a whole theory around alchemy and then throws in a statement that is "they have a legendary that represents everything, they can't possibly make another one!" It has no relation to the theory he made, yet a lot of people will eat it up because of all the mind fuckery and confusion they were suffering through after all of that..
>>
>>27514794
Captains/Totem Pokémon basically replace Gyms, while Kahunas replace the E4.
>>
>>27509794

Is this actually fucking confirmed? They could have both, having island challenges doesn't make gyms impossible, and that trailer nowhere said anything about gyms being gone
>>
I'm pretty happy with it. Pokemon has gotten monotonous, and GF is finally realizing it. The series needs some fresh ideas instead of repeating "go battle 8 gyms and the elite 4 while stopping an evil team along the way."
>>
File: tapukeku.jpg (13KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
tapukeku.jpg
13KB, 500x296px
>>27513640
>>
>>27512964
He said in a later video that what he would want in a reboot is an entirely new Pokedex with none of the Pokemon returning, or very few of the iconic ones like Pikachu. Why? why would you support this? Not being able to catch every single Pokemon would make it not a Pokemon game in my eyes. I love the introduction of new Pokemon, but having the old ones doesn't harm anything, in fact it keeps some people invested longer.
>>
File: tggi.jpg (23KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
tggi.jpg
23KB, 282x179px
>>27514149
>>
>>27514824
People have been saying they've been running out of ideas since Gen 3 or 4, not to mention the fact that a lot of the legendaries have overlapping themes already. If there's a scorpion legendary in Sun and Moon, I'll give him credit for figuring all this stuff out. Until then, he just pieced together a bunch of coincidences that fit in with almost every polytheistic religion on earth.
>these two religions both have a sun god and a moon god
>DEEPEST LOOOOORE
>>
>>27515113
They already did that in Black and White. You couldn't catch old Pokemon until the postgame.

Remaking Gen 1 in 3D would be neat.
>>
>>27514632

That's a Kahuna, not a Trial Captain.
>>
>>27514952
I'm pretty sure Masuda even said years ago that they felt they can't change the formula too much since every gen could be someone's first. Guess they realized kids can get their hands on any old gen.
>>
>>27513418
Orange Islands are based on a bunch of tropical islands off the coast of Japan.
>>
>>27512964
I've watched this cringy as hell video before and nowhere does it suggest Pokemon games are going to stop being made. It suggests a reboot. Good job anon.
>>
People love the idea now

wait till the release when everybody start bitching about it.

If this is just "do a task for the captain (you dont battle them) and then you can battle a totem" then its pretty fucked up and its even more casual than it was before
>>
>>27514043
Because folks can't into reading comprehension
>>
I'm honestly pretty excited. I kind of ended up dropping Omega Ruby after I finished the storyline part before Wallace and it took me months to pick it back up again and beat the E4. I find gyms pretty boring now after 6 gens + remakes, there are only so many novel gym puzzles they can do before it gets old. This is a nice change.
>>
>>27514834
>Captains/Totem Pokémon basically replace Gyms, while Kahunas replace the E4.
Given we fight a Kahuna early on by the looks of it, not quite.

I THINK its going to be deal with the captains, fight the totem/Kahuna, move to next island, rinse and repeat. What happens when you've done all four islands, I don't know.
>>
>>27517287
Kahunas could be like champions but for each island
>>
>>27517287
Do you think we battle captains at all or just totems and kahunas
>>
>>27517546
It seems so, in the trailer Kukui says we have to become the island challenge champion
>>
>>27517566
>Do you think we battle captains at all or just totems and kahunas

I want to believe we'll battle captains. The blurb said their challenges would be "not limited to battles with pokemon", so I'm assuming we'll do a fetch quest or two for them then battle. It'd be odd for them to have been given typings and stuff otherwise.

At this stage though, we just don't know, all we can do is speculate about the information we have.
>>
>>27517589
>I want to believe we'll battle captains. The blurb said their challenges would be "not limited to battles with pokemon", so I'm assuming we'll do a fetch quest or two for them then battle. It'd be odd for them to have been given typings and stuff otherwise.

I would think so aswell but then again it might be that they just guarding the totem and they have types because of that totem
>>
Gyms being forced every game was a bad idea, making some new region challenge every generation would be cool
>>
>>27509861
Why do you care? It got like 3 E4s.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.