[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideal Next Gen Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_muo2twdVY11rynq39o1_1280.jpg (400KB, 552x1068px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muo2twdVY11rynq39o1_1280.jpg
400KB, 552x1068px
As excited as I am for Sun/Moon, all the pokemon hype has me thinking of the various things I'd want for the next generation of game. I'll try to break it down as best as possible.

> New Pokemon
-No new pokemon! (At most new starters, new legendaries, but would rather none)
-Starter pokemon is a Pikachu, other starters can be obtained from trainers in the game similar to pokemon yellow (but hopefully with someone more difficult 'side-quests')
-Regional variations of pokemon are continued, with no more than one different form for each pokemon. Not all pokemon would have regional variations.
-Many more mega pokemon are created, ideally for less viable mons with poorer stat distributions.
-Primal reversions for legendary birds, legendary beasts, regis only. Mega evo for mew.
-Possible stat redistributions for other pokemon.
- Story mode ends with some sort of final battle against corrupted shadow pokemon in a trecherous area. Think 'Red' for the new game. Plus the new elite 4/champion.
>>
>>27509347
>Map/Story
-New hometown with ~6 new towns.
-All old regions included in some way. Ideally all of each region could be included, but that would probably become tedious and redundant very quickly.
-All gym leaders for each region return, with decently strong teams (the first few gym leaders you encounter are obviously weaker and strength progresses). Gym leader challenge kind of like in Pokemon stadium, except no grunts. That is, an elite 4 but with gym leaders. All gym leaders have a mega evolution.
-Each elite 4 for each region is reincorporated into their respective areas of the map. No champions however.
-New elite 4, with champion. All have 6 pokemon and mega evolutions.
-'New' evil team who travels from region to region trying to hunt strong pokemon to create shadow pokemon (these dont appear in game, but act as an allusion to colloseum). Want to use shadow pokemon to capture legendaries to use for war.
-You chase the team across the regions, and progess through the story, each region 'ends' with a miniboss of one of the leaders of the team. (possibly recruited from old evil teams).
>>
>>27509355
>Post-Game
-Champions appear in a 'Champion mode' which is like an elite 4, but with all the champions. Healing after each round is provided, but battles are much much harder (lol pokemon difficult yadayadayada).
-Professor Mode, similar to champion mode, but you battle professors teams.
-Battle Frontier type thing.
-Little Cup would be super cool.
-Ability to rebattle gym leaders in some form.
>>
>>27509384
>Misc. Features
-Secret bases return, but are bigger.
-Super training/hyper training remain.
-O-powers (or an improved version) remain.
-Gts/ Wondertrade remain.
-prehads a wondertrade exclusively for pokemon with 3+ perfect ivs so wondertrading mons for breeding is a thing. (I realize hypertraining could make this redundant but i have a feeling it will not eliminate breeding entirely)
-riding pokemon
-Pokemon following you (hgss)
-Pokemom contests remain.
-Chaining and pokeradar thing stay.
-Rotomdex seems cool so im saying that stays (though not that different from regular pokedex).
-Trainer customization and clothing stays.
-SS Anne sort of thing.
-Pokemon Time machine where pokemon can battle in old flat mode with old sprites and colors (not sure how this works with newer mons, but it could be fun).
-All mega stones available in game, though ideally more are found and not purchased.

Long post, but if anyone has more ideas feel free to share. I just think its really fun to great 'fan-made' games (but not shitty fakemons or anything like that). Pic not related. Dont have orginal artist sorry.
>>
>>27509347
>No new pokemon!
Into the trash it goes.
Fuck off GOfag.
>>
>>27509347
>New Pokemon
>No new pokemon!
Stopped reading. Come back when you have good ideas.
>>
>>27509421
>>27509425
But real talk, half the time everyone bitches on here about how all the new pokemon suck and about how every old underdevloped pokemon have potential wasted. Plus im still down for variations and megas, just not 100% new pokemon (def not a whole gens worth).
>>
File: 1469029279487.png (478KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1469029279487.png
478KB, 1024x768px
>>27509347
>>27509355
>>27509384
>>27509410
I actually read this, unlike those fags. This sounds like a potentially excellent final instalment, focusing on improving everything and adding as much content as possible. But it would HAVE to be a final instalment if you're expecing this much care and dtail and effort to be put into it.

I think it could work, again, as a last game, and it would single handedly pander to everybody and appease the pokemon community. Except for those 100 something people in /vp/ who want desperately for pokemon to not end.

And some die hard retard genwunners, but there's no pleasing them anyways.
>>
>>27509526
Definitely was the idea to be a final mainstream (emphasis mainstream) pokemon game, as sad as it would be. This franchise has to end at somepoint,it just doesnt have the flexibility of mario and zelda.
>>
>>27509518
Yeah but I'm not one of the people who bitches about them so fuck off with your "No new Pokemon" BS. I actually like every new Alola Pokemon, I like every Kalos pokemon, I like every Unova pokemon (except Audino fuck Audino), etc.

Just because you hate the new shit doesn't mean everyone else does. New Pokemon are what most people look forward to in a new generation.
>>
>>27509612
Maybe something menial like 40-50 new pokemon to compromise? keep in mind 9 would be starters, 5 would be the regional rodent and birb, and 2-3 would be cover legendaries
>>
>>27509612
Lmao yall are pissy on 4chan! I actaully am a big fan of a large majority of the new mons (even the ice cream cones). But imagine how out of hand the game is gonna get when there are suddenly 1500 pokemon with half assed move sets, poor stat distributions, typing, and ultra niche gimicks. Nintendo has done awesome stuff! but I find it hard to believe that even you dont think these cool new features, namely mega evolution, feel like theyll always be playing catchup as long as new mons are being rolled out each gen.
>>
>>27509688
Do you remember how much shit XY got for having only 70 new pokemon? You act like you're trying to stop people complaining but if there were only 50 pokemon fans would have a way bigger fit than if there were just a few new ones they didn't like.
>>
>>27509740
>yall
Just when I thought this thread couldn't be any worse.
>>
>>27509766
Well, you need to realize in order to have a game with decent enough content to be the final game, you have to drop features, and one of the possible ones is new pokemon. As contradicting as it may seem, less pokemon would make the game better at tha point, but you'd need many pokemon already to make that change be worthwile

>>27509740
>Lmao
>yall
You're not making a good case for yourself
>>
>>27509793
But seriously, Nintendo didnt introduce a mega evolution for any pokemon added in gen 6 in xy or oras, presumably because they want to breathe new life into old pokemon. Without games where no pokemon are added, there will always be a lag. And there are only so many remakes available.
>>
>No new pokemon
This is an unbearable idea op.
>The more new pokemon there are the more unique your favorites are.
>The more pokemon there are the more you forget some which leads you back to them and you experience them anew and maybe even fall in love with an underused mon.
>The more pokemon there are the bigger the accomplishment when you complete the dex.
>The more pokemon there are the realer and more lifelike it gets especiallu if on a new gen you get 150+ pokemon you have alot of discoveries to make.
I wish we had 1000+ mons in the dex in this generation.
>>
>>27509580
>This franchise has to end at somepoint,it just doesnt have the flexibility of mario and zelda.

What makes you say that? Each gen feels extremely unique to itself, much like each Zelda and Mario game.
>>
>>27510321
Valid points, but keep in mind, no new pokemon here simply means no 100% new pokemon. New megas and regional variations are still fair game, of which there would hopefully be plenty.
>>
>>27509347
This is obvious bait.
Either that or you are 14 and your older brother is a genwunner and you just picked that up from him.
>>
>>27510416
I think it has plenty of flexibility outside of the more formulated main series games. Between mystery dungeon, stadium, colloseum and xd. there is clearly a huge potential for spin-offs, which I guess you could classify a lot of zelda/mario games. So perhaps it would be better to say that the mainstream game will eventually have to come to a hault, but I hope I dont ever have to see the end of pokemon as a whole!

I would love a new colleseum type game that lets us battle online with our ds pokemon. I'm just imagining who amazing the graphics could be.
>>
>>27510532
I was talking about specifically the main series. Mario has it's spin-offs in Party and Kart, but the main games are still fresh. Pokemon has it's spin-offs in Mystery Dungeon and Stadium as you said, but each main game gen also continues to feel unique. What about the main series makes you feel like it can't continue forever?

Obviously nothing can, eventually game designers retire or pass away and long-running franchises will lose their identity, but Pokemon gets a new gen every 3-4 years. There's no real feeling of homogenization in gens yet, and new features continue to make the games feel, well, new. While I don't entirely agree with the practice of removing previous features like Contests, I can't deny that by removing them, Gen 3 will always feel unique. Each gen has legitimate reasons to be preferred over another for any number of personal tastes, and the upcoming games look to be the most unique of all while still retaining the formula. There don't appear to be Gym fights, but between the 4 Trials and 4 Kahunas we essentially have our 8 boss fights right there. It's the same, but different. Having different forms with unique typing isn't something that's been done before outside of legendaries (correct me if I'm missing one, my Gen 3-4 Pokemon knowledge isn't great).

Even if long-time fans don't care for the games, it's going to be because they feel too different, not because the franchise is getting stale and feels old.
>>
>>27509347
>-No new po
Stopped reading. 0/10 bait.
>>
>>27509526
>adding as much content as possible
Yeah, except for NEW POKEMON, the ENTIRE REASON to buy new games
>>
>>27509526
>single handedly pander to everybody and appease the pokemon community
>not adding new pokemon
>appeasing anyone who has played a pokemon game aside from Go since 1998
>>
>>27509688
Compromise what you fucking dumb nigger? How the fuck is adding new pokemon hurting your precious experience? Play the old games or just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>27509347
>>27509355
>>27509384
>>27509410
>>27509518
>>27509526
>>27509580
>>27509688
>>27509740
(You)
Go back to facebook or kill yourself, OP.
>>
>>27509347
I'm gonna ignore the likeliness of Gamefreak doing any of this since this is a hypothetical game

>-No new pokemon!
I'm neutral about this
>-Starter pokemon is a Pikachu
Fuck off
>-Regional variations of pokemon are continued
Nice
>-Many more mega pokemon are created, ideally for less viable mons with poorer stat distributions.
Fuck off
>-Primal reversions for legendary birds, legendary beasts, regis only. Mega evo for mew.
Fuck off
>-Possible stat redistributions for other pokemon.
Nice
>- Story mode ends with some sort of final battle against corrupted shadow pokemon in a trecherous area.
Fine
>-New hometown with ~6 new towns.
Fine
>-All old regions included in some way. Ideally all of each region could be included, but that would probably become tedious and redundant very quickly.
Nice
>-All gym leaders for each region return,
Nice
>-Each elite 4 for each region is reincorporated into their respective areas of the map. No champions however.
ok
>-New elite 4, with champion. All have 6 pokemon and mega evolutions.
ok
>-'New' evil team who travels from region to region trying to hunt strong pokemon to create shadow pokemon
Fine
>-You chase the team across the regions, and progess through the story, each region 'ends' with a miniboss of one of the leaders of the team.
ok
>(possibly recruited from old evil teams).
I would actually really love this
>-Champions appear in a 'Champion mode' which is like an elite 4, but with all the champions. Healing after each round is provided, but battles are much much harder
ok
>-Professor Mode, similar to champion mode, but you battle professors teams.
ok
>-Battle Frontier type thing.
Good
>-Little Cup would be super cool.
Great
>-Ability to rebattle gym leaders in some form.
Great

I mean, it's really not such a creative idea, almost all of the things you suggest are taken from all the games. While there are some neat ideas it just feel like you took a normal Pokemon game and made it ten times bigger.
>>
>>27510688
I definitely think it can go beyond just this gen! So don't take these ideas to necessarily mean end of pokemon. This type of game could even work as a pause for the franchise so to speak, in which its not a remake nor is it 100% new since no new pokemon (as people have so kindly reminded me haha).

Not to say that I dislike the new pokemon designs, I am a fan of the vast majority, but I do think it is fair to say that they are steadily becoming more overdesigned and gimmicky. There are definitely some designs that I have liked but that I also feel like create too much of a disconnect between gens. There are times when the design styles clash and it feels like smash bros in that sense. I do also worry that there are only so many features (mega evolution/z moves) that can be added before the game is unnecessarily complicated. It is a 'children's' game after all.

But again, I dont think we've hit a wall yet, but we're definitely approaching it.
>>
There should be more minigames like racing or whatever
And sex
>>
>>27511020
I'm definitely ignoring gamefreak doing any of this haha, but yea I would agree that most of it isn't really a novel idea. Pretty much follows the old pokemon formula, but I really think it would give gamefreak a chance to do justice by so many unfinished features of the game. Plus, by revisiting so much of the old with series, I'm sure they would have a blast e-sales. But yea I do have to agree that I think some sort of really cool new feature to tie the whole game together would be necessary, as well as plain fun.

Why no new megas tho? Primal reersions I get, more suggested them so kyorge/groudon/rayquaza dont seem so out of place.
>>
>>27509347
so heres my take on a ideal next gen game

starters are regional variations of Johto Starters same main type different designs and secondary types
about 25 new evolutionary lines of pokemon
about 6 new legendarys
about 3-5 evolutionary lines from each gen get a regional variation
new megas for fully evolved pokemon who are under powered
old megas get balanced by stat changes.
many old items and features return.
-gen 5 exp scaling, gen 1/6 exp share
-Secret bases return
-Super training/hyper training remain.
-O-powers (or an improved version) remain.
-Gts/ Wondertrade remain.
-Riding pokemon and similar features replace Hm's
-Pokemon contests remain
-pokathelon returns
-so do apricorns and a ball crafting system
-ball seals return
-z moves stay
-pokemon world tournament and battle frontier return
-Chaining and pokeradar/areanav stay.
-Trainer customization and clothing stays.
-Challenge mode from the very start is available
-All mega stones available in game, but are behind decently lengthed side quests so getting them feels like a challenge.
-breeding system overhauled, 50/50 IV inheritance, abilities can be passed on now as well but its very limited. small cosmetic variations can now be breed for such as a lusterous fur coat.
gyms return but incorporate trial elements into them.
>>
>>27511020
Been trying to think of cool new ideas for the game and so far not much, but I do think it would be cool if there was an item that switched the physical and special attack of a pokemon holding it. And maybe also an item that let a pokemon acess both of its normal abilities (assuming it didnt know its hidden abilitiy).
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.