[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter split evos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: rockruff-770x562.png (165KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
rockruff-770x562.png
165KB, 770x562px
Have we considered the fact that maybe Rockruff is the key behind the supposed split evos? The Chinese leaks said they couldnt be certain, so maybe it's not that the starters have split evos, maybe Rockruff evolves based on what starter is in the party. It was stated somewhere rockruff has something to do with the starters, anyway
>>
>>27506922
I think the starters get split evos
Hopefully
>>
The secret behind Rockruff and the starters is their final stages make the same arm movements as the trainer for Z-Moves
>>
>>27506922
>evolves based on what starter is in the party
That would be tedious and imo[\spoiler] stupid.

It would make more sense if it evolved depending on what island you're on.
>>
>>27506962
I hope too
>>
>>27506922
Does someone have a screencap of the Chinese leaks?
>>
The thing the 4 share is that they have split final day/night evos, poppmaid is day, wrestler and robinhoot are night I guess. Rockruff night evo is a badass werewolf.

If only Ballio was popplio's night evo... If only
>>
>>27506962
Considering there are only three slots in the dex for them they certainly won't

Alternate forms are where you should be hopeful
>>
>>27507063
>Day/night evo
I was about to shit on you about how stupid that would be, but then I realized it ties into the whole Sun/Moon theme. I could see it happening
>>
>>27507100
>that would be
I wasn't speculating. I know it for a fact.
>>
>>27507119
lmao
>>
>>27507100
>what is espeon/umbreon
>>
>>27507139
I don't care for le ebin recognition/attention whoring, i didn't create a thread. Remember me when they reveal these 4 have split final evos.
>>
>>27507085
Yeah, alternate. It could still look pretty different, but simillar. See: Meowstic, Pyroar, Oricorio, Alolan Forms etc.
>>
I can't remember where is was said that rockruff has something to do with the starters, was it corocoro maybe? I was just thinking that rockruff evolves into a fire type with litten around or something to that effect
>>
>>27507193
>I know thing
>but I ain't gonna prove it to you

pretty attention whore-y anon
>>
>>27507063
>>27507100
Oddly enough, that makes way too much sense. Day/Night fits perfectly with the Sun/Moon theme, and Robinhoot and the werewolf rumor both fit extremely well as night evolutions.

The reason for Rockruff existing might even be to evolve sooner than the starters to showcase the idea, and have an NPC comment on it or use it and both evolved forms in a battle.
>>
>>27506922
I can understand Rockruff influencing Litten's evolution but Rowlet's and Popplio's? nah
>>
>>27507338
I don't necessarily believe rockruff influences the starters evolution, but that the starters influence rockruff evolution
>>
>>27507085
If they were doing split evos their would probably be another pokedex for it. They wouldn't spoil it this early.
>>
>>27507438
This

Rock/Fire
Rock/Grass
Rock/Water

Is what I'm guessing his potential evos will be
>>
>>27507063
>Pinnister being Popplio's night evo

Funny, if such a thing did happen, I'd associate him more as a day evo, but only because I presume him to be cheerful and energetic, as opposed to Poppmaids' calmer and more soothing personality, which seems to fit night more.

But jesus, that would be asking for a miracle even though I'm awfully fond of his design.
>>
>>27507085
>what are megas
>what is frillish
>what is aegislash
>what are seasonal sawbuck
>what are the fucking dancing birds the recently shown.
>>
>>27507063
I think the leaks are all day evos
>>
>>27506922
The rocks on its neck are shaped like the diamonds enabling Z-Moves, but its more likely just to make it look like a studded collar. I doubt it has a secret more complex than "evolves only during night into werewolf-y critter."
>>
>>27509312
Meowstic is probably the best example. Differing stats and moveset despite having the same Pokédex slot.
>>
>>27506922
The statement was that both Rockruff and the Starters have a secret. It was the coro coro that revealed Rockruff I believe.
>>
>>27509521
If that's true, it does probably mean that the final evolutions won't differ too significantly in appearance. They'll likely all still be roughly the same shape and have the same typings, though they may differ thematically.
>>
File: 1467282134575.jpg (8KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467282134575.jpg
8KB, 246x200px
i thought we already established that the reason why the starters and rockruff are similar is because they both get multiple evolutions.
>>
>rockruff changes depending on which starter you pick
>even though you can get all three starters through trading

You guys don't even think this shit out, do you?
>>
>>27509930
That just means it'll evolve based on whichever one you picked at the start of the game, even if you release it or trade in another, or it'll evolve if you have the starter in your party, and multiples either go by which is first in line or picked at random.
>>
>>27510085
>you can literally never catch them all

genius
>>
>>27510096
Are you retarded?

There's multiple options here

>it evolves based on which one you initially picked, and is locked for that game
>you can trade with other players to get the other two

or

>it's based on which one is in your party
>you can trade with others to get the other starters, or trade for the other rockruffs directly
>>
>>27509588
Ah, yeah that's where I'd heard it from. It's only speculation and wishful thinking, but I'd love to see some kind of special interaction with the starters and rockruff
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.