[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will it evolve?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: alolanvulpix.png (59KB, 286x300px) Image search: [Google]
alolanvulpix.png
59KB, 286x300px
How will it evolve?
>>
>>27505239
You have to buy a white Ninetales Amiibo.
>>
>>27505239
The ice stone retard.
>>
>>27505239
Ice cube stone
>>
Same as Glaceon
>>
>>27505239
Dawn Stone
>>
>>27505393
Shiny stone
>>
>>27505239
>"How does this pallete swap of Vulpix, who evolves with a Fire Stone, evolve???"
Take a guess.
>>
>>27505239
Level 32 with a Fairy type in the party.
>>
>>27505427
>Ice-type evolving with a Fire Stone
Here's your (Faggot)
>>
moon stone because aloha ninetails is fairy
>>
>>27505479
But it's still a Vulpix, is it not? I don't understand why people think it evolves differently. Yes, it's an ice type, but as it's still a Vulpix I'm betting it still evolves with a Fire stone. It changed its type, not its species.
>>
File: reactionbird.jpg (151KB, 1271x714px) Image search: [Google]
reactionbird.jpg
151KB, 1271x714px
>>27505427
>pallete swap
>>
File: 1466060585545.png (433KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466060585545.png
433KB, 640x480px
>>27505516
Anon, fire stones work to evolve pokemon into fire types, that's how it's worked since gen 1. Alolan ninetails is an ice/fairy type, evolving with a fire stone makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>27505239
my dick in its ass
>>
>>27505239
Hopefully something that gets rid of the Ice Rock/Moss Rock shit.
>>
>>27505596
But it's still Vulpix, which evolves into a Ninetales via a Fire stone. It's in its DNA.
Also Skitty evolves with a Moon stone, and Helioptile with a Sun. The first one has nothing to do with it and the second one makes sense cause it uses solar energy, but it goes against the other mons who are grass types and use it. There's nothing saying this Vulpix flat out cannot evolve with a Fire stone. It'd be weird for GF to make a new evolution method for an already existing pokemon. And yes, the Marvel Scale IS weird.
>>
>>27505697
Thats besides the point thats like saying your trying to evo your eevee into a flareon with a water stone. It may have a different way it could be by a snow covered stone on X route or a elemental stone. We'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>27505697
You mean Prism Scale, but that's literally a perfect argument to your point. You can't say "name a long yellow fruit with a peel that isn't a banana" then claim that bananas are weird and nothing else like a banana could ever exist in nature.
>>
>>27505789
I don't think you're understanding my point. This Ice Vulpix is STILL a Vulpix, and as such it will evolve as one. I don't see why there should be a special separate method for a variant to evolve. It's real hard to make a comparison as well since it's the first thing we've seen. If I need to though, I think it's like the Exeggcutor. It still evolves with a Leaf stone, but the outcome is different. That probably doesn't make sense either, does it? It might take a while to come up with a relatable example...
>>
>>27505361
Kek this
>>
>>27505697
>new evolution method
Already happened for Espeon and Umbreon in Mystery Dungeon and Eks-Dee.

>b-but it's not a mainline game!
Everything in the Colosseum franchise evolves just as it does in the mainline games. Yes, this was a new evolution method.
>>
>>27505697
> It's in its DNA

?

Alolan Ninetales is a different species of Ninetales. I don't mean the Pokémon version of 'species', I mean like the real life difference between a red fox and an arctic fox.

They're VERY closely related, but they aren't the same species. If Vulpix evolves with a Fire Stone because "it's in its DNA," that doesn't mean Alolan Ninetales do as well. BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT FUCKING DNA.

A Pokémon evolves with a Fire Stone because they absorb the power of Fire energy in such stones, powering them up, because they have some sort of connection to fire or heat and it makes them grow. Alolan Ninetales has lost any connection to fire through IRL evolution. Heat WEAKENS it now, so it's not going to be able to evolve that way any more. It would need to adapt. Most likely by just learning to absorb the energy of a stone that jives better with their Ice typing.
>>
Ok how's this.
You guys see a plant (Vulpix).
Plants normally need sunlight to survive(Fire stone).
This new plant though is indoors (ice type) and it's thriving (become a Ninetales).
Wondering how a plant could survive indoors, you speculate there must be some sort of artificial light that's allowing it to do so (new evo method).
But me, I just think that there's a skylight (fire stone).
...Does that make any sense, or should I try making another analogy?
>>
>>27505516
You are a mongoloid
>>
>>27506407
Your analogy doesn't work because you're assuming Alolan Vulpix get powered up from the element of fire like plants and vanilla Vulpix do. They clearly wouldn't. They're weak to Fire and they live in the snow.
>>
>>27506613
But that's exactly my point! Like I said here >>27505697 the type of stone doesn't necessarily have to match with what type its affecting. A whole bunch of types are affected by the moon stone, and Heliolisk is the only non-grass type that uses a Sun stone. That's why I think using a Fire stone on Vulpix, even if it is an ice type, is a viable method of evolution.
>>
>>27505239
Level it up in a cold place.
>>
>>27505239
By not repeating this same damn thread for the 100th time.
>>
>>27506756
Pokémon XD
>>
>>27505879
You're such a fucking idiot, dude
>>
>>27506863
Why? You're all telling me how stupid I am but with no explanation. I'm trying my best to make you understand my thought process and you can't even take the time to make a reply that isn't "cause it's an ice type"? This site is for discussion, so discuss!
>>
>>27506703
No you twat because Heliolisk is a lizard that absorbs sunlight like a solar panel and if an Alolan Vulpix tried to use a Fire Stone to evolve it would FUCKING MELT AND DIE.
>>
>>27506948
But ice doesn't melt from a stone that looks like fire. Plus my point about Moon stones evolving everything under the sun still stands.
>>
>>27506994
It doesn't just LOOK like Fire, it gives off heat. Pokémon that obtain power FROM heat use the stone to evolve.

Everything that evolves with a Moon Stone has some connection to the moon, (the nidos being rabbits,) except for Jigglypuff, which is supposed to be Clefairy's counterpart, and Skitty. And I'm sure Skitty has some reason for evolving that way that I'm unaware of.

Even if it didn't, even if Klang randomly evolved into Klinklang with a Moon Stone for no reason, that wouldn't prove your point. That would just mean there something in the game that, like your argument, makes no sense, and has no leg to stand on when trying to justify it.

I understand what you're saying, I just think what you're saying is stupid.
>>
>>27505239
Fug it in the ass with a popsicle.
>>
Eevee + Water Stone = Vaporeon
Eevee + Fire Stone = Flareon
Eevee + Thunder Stone = Jolteon
Eevee + Leaf Stone = Leafeon
Eevee + Ice Stone = Glaceon
Eevee + Sun Stone = Espeon
Eevee + Moon Stone = Umbreon
Eevee + Dawn Stone = Sylveon

Explain to me why they can't just fucking retcon this.
>>
>>27507609
>ice stone
There's no such thing as an Ice Stone, anon.
>>
>>27507609
A,) there is no Ice Stone, (why didn't you just say Shiny Stone?) and B,) because they can't keep that up forever. If they keep adding Eeveelutions they'd have to keep creating new Stones for each type. That's assuming they'll keep making Eevee evos though.
>>
>>27507631
>>27507649
Because they can't just add in new stones right guys? That's impossible :^)
>>
>>27507631
There will be in gen 7.
>>
>Assuming it needs a stone evolve
>Assuming

All of ya'll get outta here with your lack of imagination.

It evolves by level up.
>>
It will probably be a dawn/shiny stone considering the fairy part, either that or the Ice rock like Glaceon.

>>27505439
Something along the lines of that is also a good shout.
>>
What if a fire stone makes it evolve into a normal Ninetales?
>>
>>27506863
Not that guy but his point is perhaps the energy of stone still triggers something inside of them. Their species started as a fire type, perhaps they still have a connection to it. It's really not that farfetched. To say that he's absolutely wrong and an idiot is to presume to understand completely the biology of a fictional creature. I'd argue that you're the idiot
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.