[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Battle Frontier Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Not-Battle Resort.png (484KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Not-Battle Resort.png
484KB, 800x450px
Alright fags, let's settle this once and for all.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10898234
>>
This will no doubt prove that the Battle Frontier whining was just bandwaggoning and most if not all of the people acting like ORAS is the devil because of it have never even tried it out.

In other words
>Battle Frontier is literally just the Maison + a more gimmicks
>>
File: 1469578003759.png (194KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469578003759.png
194KB, 893x1200px
>>27504884
Forgot pic, i'm not saying ORAS isn't mediocre, but half of the things people rag on it for are more autistic than this thread itself, which is saying something because this thread is pretty damn autistic for even existing.
>>
>>27504884
Sorry but I'm stopping you there. It's like saying black people rose up against racism because they wanted to sit at the front of the bus. There were lots of underlying problems in ORAS but the straw that broke the camel's back was the Battle Frontier. When people say "ORAS didn't even have the Battle Froniter" they mean that as remakes they disrespect their source material. Yes, this even means Ruby and Sapphire so even the "they're RS remakes, not Emerald!" argument is invalid. Features such as contests and route designs have been gimped. Whereas you could go explore all the alternate routes to Mauville after obtaining Surf, the remakes don't allow you make that adventure yourself; Wally simply teleports you to your destination. And this can be said for the majority of the games. Where the originals put struggles and challenges for the player to overcome, the remakes remove any possible barriers and make them a stroll in the park. They give you many options to ease the game, such as the infamous Lati Mega, yet still force you on some circumstances even if you refuse to incorporate these alternatives. Even extra areas like the Granite Cave are simplified lest the player find it too challenging. While there are advantages to such precautions, such as the Nurse Joy north of Mt. Pyre restoring your pokemon's health, instances like May doing so before a battle while exploring the second route is highly unnecessary. The cautionary lesson of always being prepared for a battle no matter where you are is no longer taught to the player, as the game is always catering to them in every way possible. These great deals of "handholding" is what make people hate ORAS. Not only does it dance on the grave of its predecessors, it treats players too favorably to be even fun anymore.

>>27504904
And you, stop posting that. It completely undermines these arguments by adding in baseless, trivial complaints that don't matter.
>>
>>27504826
you should have made it so you can choose multiple answers

>played it in every incarnation so far for no more that 12hrs each, don't really care about it but would like to see it return
>>
>>27504884
No, because Gen 6 is liked the most by people who haven't played Pokemon in ages, so many if its fans probably skipped Gens 3 and 4 or the post games, just to come back in ORAS.

Many people never having played it in this poll isn't really enough of an indication of that.
>>
>>27504826
>it's a strawpoll thread
saged
>>
>>27505282
>write an analysis of what's wrong with ORAS
>no-one bats an eye

b-bump
>>
>>27505750
That's because people who didnt like the game agree with you and people who liked it will just call it a shitpost.
>>
>>27505282
Gods work anon
>>
>>27505282
>black people
stopped reading here
>>
>>27504826
What if you've done both?
>>
this is dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8X0L9m-eo
>>
>>27505282
Couldn't agree more. One of the best things about RSE was all the interesting side areas that they didn't force you to go to. One of the biggest things I dislike about many of the newer games is how linear they can be, and how you aren't as encouraged to explore anymore.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.