[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excluding my shitty art, how are these concepts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 0195713-65735.png (646KB, 1046x1107px) Image search: [Google]
0195713-65735.png
646KB, 1046x1107px
Excluding my shitty art, how are these concepts?
>>
>>27504774
ledian/yanma/vespiqueen
>>
>>27504774
Pretty digimonlike
>>
>>27504774
I like the art and the concepts
>>
These are actually pretty great. I love the bugs, and your art is pretty damn good.
>>
>all attacks are special attacks
Oh please, if this were gamefreak, it would have 95 attack and 95 special attack
>>
>>27504774
They look like jojo stands.
>>
A bit too minmaxed for my taste, and abilities are pretty strong. Decent visuals, names and typings though
>>
>>27504774
art on top right is great. other three are passable.

concept wise mesmere is intruiging. top two are pretty standard. muskatear is boring
>>
File: PussInBoots.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
PussInBoots.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>27504774
>muskatear
>>
>>27504774

Really cool. I especially dig Mesmere.
>>
They are all better than most stuff on DA.Your execution is brilliant.That musketeer is kinda iffy though,unless you wanted it to look like a weasel.I love the Alien-Squid the most.T he mosquitos are cute.
>>
>>27504907
I was a little worried about that, but I intentionally did it just to get the general concept across better.
>>
>>27504931
Was going for a cat with its ears folded into a hat. It would also be able to wrap its tail around its waist like a belt.
>>
Critical hits are twice as powerful +any item that raises crit hit rates= absolute nightmare
>>
Don't minmax your stats like that, all of these fuckers would immediately go OU and hit like a fucking nuclear bomb.

160 SPA and 130 SPE is Mewtwo tier shit, and crits doing twice as much damage is superfluous when Sniper exists and he has Archeops ATK to begin with.

Designs look nice though. You are a great artist.
>>
>>27504969
Also, do you have anymore material regarding these fakemon? I'd love to see what else you have.
>>
File: pussinboats.jpg (20KB, 351x427px) Image search: [Google]
pussinboats.jpg
20KB, 351x427px
>The Cell Beetle
Would train the hell out of, I'm kind of bored of Heracross so it would be nice to have another Bug/Fighting in the mix
>Humming Bird Hawk Moth???
Good design and A E S T H E T I C as hell
I love the concept of a literal humming bird moth (if that's what you're going for)
>Dagon
Love it, there aren't enough Lovecraft references in Pokemon
>Puss
The only one I'm not sure on, it looks more like a rat than a cat to me and while the ear hat is great I think you should work on the the frill and the face a bit more
>>
File: Pelyopreon.jpg (113KB, 769x452px) Image search: [Google]
Pelyopreon.jpg
113KB, 769x452px
>>27505084
Haven't written Dex entries or anything if that's what you mean. I have a shitload of fakemon though, but these are the most recent ones. The older stuff is, well... older, and probably overall inferior.

This, for example, is a design I came up with about five years ago. Idea being a prehistoric pokemon you don't revive from a fossil but instead thaw from a block of ice. It'd be Water/Flying.
>>
>>27504774
Ech, too grotesque for pokemon.
Also those aspie stat spread; damage-calc first before making em. They probably one hit three quarter of the dex. Puting some mega pokemon to shame.
>>
Too many fast sweepers. Some of the designs don't really look like they have +130 attacking stat either.
>>
>>27505147
Muskatear was a concept I was really happy with, to the point where I kind of rushed drawing it a bit just to get the idea out. I'll probably redraw it eventually.

Culidove and Thorane were originally inspired by the idea of a cranefly. Literally combining a bird with an insect. Then the first form became a hummingbird, and the evolution sort of grew from there.

Also had an idea for a Horsefly themed Pokemon combining a horse and an insect, but haven't gotten around to drawing that.
>>
>>27504774
Really good concepts, really good art, would have to see them in a more Pokémon art style to get behind them fully because I feel like they're not quite Pokémon-like
>>
File: communis-1mU.jpg (90KB, 900x676px) Image search: [Google]
communis-1mU.jpg
90KB, 900x676px
>>27505222
>Also had an idea for a Horsefly themed Pokemon combining a horse and an insect
Aww that would great to see.
There's so many interesting insects that could easily be pokes if only GF would do more research
>>
>>27505321
Well it looks like they might be doing a hummingbird moth with Cutiefly's evolution, so that's a plus. And Cutiefly itself is already based on a fairly obscure insect.
>>
>>27505320
Yeah, but I've never been able to get that style down properly. I'd love to be able to, though.

>>27505205
Is 130 too high for something with a fairly large metal sword-like claw? The idea being it attacks first and hard, or basically KO's. Kyocaelin may be a little high, but it's a martial arts master so I figured it should at least have decently high Attack. 120 more fitting?
>>
>>27505153
Eh.It just needs the gen 5 treatment of a redesign or a touchup.Where do you post all of these?
>>
Top left is literally a digimon
>>
Mesmere is pretty OP.
Muskatear on the other hand.... 4x weakness to fighting

All of them look cool tho
>>
>>27505561
Haven't really posted any of my newer designs anywhere except here. I have an old DeviantArt with some cringey stuff, though. Pelyopreon is on there.
>>
>>27504774
too bipedal but I like the art
>>
>>27504774
Really cool concepts and I love your art. But like other anons have said, your stats are wack.
>>
File: variousart.jpg (276KB, 1136x1180px) Image search: [Google]
variousart.jpg
276KB, 1136x1180px
>>27505561
>>27505084
Here's some other old ones. The bottom right is a recent Paint sketch I made of an old design I never scanned.
>>
Mesmere is way too strong, but I really dig it.
What were the inspirations for it?
>>
>>27506177
These look more like Yu-Gi-Oh monsters desu
>>
>>27504774
I like that you self deprecated to prevent overly autismo trolls tearing it apart - 4D chess

But seriously your arts pretty good
>>
>>27506211
A few things, but it's primarily a brine witch. Also inspired by Lovecraftian creatures and various other aquatic nightmares. I have a thing for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>27506177
You've come very far, these are no where near as good as the ones put in OP.
>>
>>27506262
Cool, thank you.
>>
>>27506285
I was always happy with the whale, honestly, but only because I find the idea of a giant cosmic legendary whale to be cool. And I'm actually happy with the Normal/Ghost pillow cat. The others... eh, can't really speak for them. I just drew something I thought looked cool. The rainbow/black one is loosely based on a voodoo doll, but that's about it.

And thanks.
>>
>>27504774
Your art is actually pretty good, it's your concepts that are bad, they're just boring.
>>
>>27506367
A grasshopper themed on martial arts and a brine witch are boring? What would you do to liven them up a bit? I'm not being defensive, just genuinely curious.
>>
File: Donut Leavanny00.jpg (52KB, 542x639px) Image search: [Google]
Donut Leavanny00.jpg
52KB, 542x639px
>>27506177
Your style is so clear and readable, so are your intesions;straight forward.If you have more,keep it flowing.I can't get enough of this stuff.
>>
>>27504774
To add some clarification on the designs:

>Karaket & Kyocaelin
Martial arts grasshoppers themed on the old "young grasshopper" trope in martial arts films as well as the kyokushin style.

>Culidove & Thorane
Originally inspired by craneflies and the idea of literally making a CRANE fly. Developed into a hummingbird design instead, but still a bird combined with an insect.

>Mesmere
A brine witch squid-like creature themed on black magic and creatures of the deep.

>Muskatear
A bipedal cat themed on a musketeer. Ears fold into a hat, tail can wrap around waist like a belt. Claw is used like a sword.
>>
>>27504774
Cool, but don't belong to Pokemon
>>
>>27506466
Thank you. I'm getting a drawing tablet in the next couple months, so I'll likely start doing digital art of new designs fairly soon. Heard they're tricky to adapt to, though.
>>
>>27506567
Cool.Well when you do,tell me where you will post your creations if possibly you even are posting them outside your gallery.
>>
File: Nyxidius.jpg (91KB, 571x553px) Image search: [Google]
Nyxidius.jpg
91KB, 571x553px
>>27506625
I actually decided to scrap my old gallery the moment I remembered the password. I'll likely make a new one in the coming months. Might even reupload the really cringey designs (trust me, everything I've posted in this thread counts as my best old stuff, not close to the worst) in a separate folder just to show my hopeful progression since then. But to give you a taste of how bad some of them were...
>>
>>27506717
Why don't you recover them with a photo recovery app like disk digger on the app store?
>>
>>27506823
I have all the old art saved, but the account itself was way too outdated to bother updating, and it probably had some privacy issues.

Not sure if I want my art specifically on DeviantArt, anyhow.
>>
>>27506418
>>27506546
To clarify, when I said your concept is boring I'm not just talking about the designs, what I mean is that you haven't given enough thought to what makes your Pokemon interesting to other people. An ability that "makes crits twice as strong" just isn't very interesting, even if the design is cool. These Pokemon all seem very min-maxed to fill a particular niche, which actually kills a ton of their appeal- when people look at a Fakemon design they don't want it spelled out to them that X is a priority abuser and Y is a special cannon.

Once again, your artwork is great but the whole reason Pokemon are so appealing to a large number of people is their simplicity in design and concept. I feel like you might have overthought these designs a bit.
>>
>>27506955
The ability Potential is themed on the idea that a young, promising martial artist is generally weak but has brief moments of spectacular performance. Hence why criticals, a fairly unreliable and uncommon occurance, double in damage for it. This is also why Kyocaelin loses the ability and gets Inner Focus.

There actually is a lot of thought behind every decision in that post. lol I do apologize if it doesn't come through clearly, though. That's on me.

And you are right about the min-maxing. I only did that to give a clear indication of what I was thinking.
>>
>>27507096
"Show, don't tell" is my final advice to you.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.