[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're these really as bad as people say?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (477KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
477KB, 620x420px
We're these really as bad as people say?
>>
>>27504190

Just look at Kyogre's "I'm a fucking retard please kill me" expression and you'll have your answer.
>>
>>27504190
> we're
> we're
> WE'RE

And no, they weren't. It's just a meme, bro. No Battle Frontier was pretty stupid, though.
>>
>We're
>>
>>27504190
Yes
>>
>>27504190
Not as bad as people say but still pretty bad.
>>
>>27504350
>>27504341
My auto correct is stupid as fuck

So I guess I shouldn't even bother playing them? That's disappointing.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 893x1200px
yes
>>
>>27504614
No on'es ever gonna take that chart seriously. They're bad games, but don't bring up unrelated excuses.
>>
>>27504190
Pokemon Emerald had more content than these games.
>>
>>27504190
Objectively the best remakes in the series, but sinnohfoeti will tell you otherwise.
>>
File: 1469578003759.png (194KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469578003759.png
194KB, 893x1200px
>>27504614
Get fucked frontiercuck
>>
>>27504190
A good game, but a bad Pokémon game.
>>
>>27504190
They should have made these sequels to Emerald and just went crazy with changes, also not cutting out shit.
>>
>>27504675

No it doesn't.
>>
>>27504890
Yes it does.
>>
>>27504905
>>27504826

>half of the people hating on ORAS for lack of battle frontier have never even actually played it in Emerald, let alone PL/HG/SS
>>
>>27504953
Did you quote the wrong post?
>>
>less content than Emerald
>TV channels are fucking dumb and worse than in the originals
>downright removed three dungeons from the game (New Mauville, Mt. Pyre, Sky Pillar)
>graphics look shit
>no gym leader rematches or other touches to make the world feel more alive
>everything casualised
>contests are trash now in all kinds of ways

Even if you compare them to R/S they don't fare very well, but if you can play a 10-year old game instead (Emerald) and have more of a challenge, more fun, more features, more postgame, and replay value, then your remake is shit.
>>
>>27505020
No

>>27504905
Was implying Emerald had more content

>>27504953
>The rest don't even care about BF
>>
>>27505065
Emerald does have more content.

But what does this post >>27504953 have to do with this post >>27504905 ?
>>
>>27504415
ORAS was good enough. I didn't like my first playthrough but I played a second time one year after that and I liked it.
>>
>favorite gen is 3
>favorite game is sapphire
>favorite Pokemon throughout childhood was blaziken

I love gen 3 but this piece of garbage deserves to die. I hated every moment playing the game because i knew there was frontier waiting in the end. After beating the elite 4 once i never played this garbage again. I didn't even bother with that dragon girl nonsense. Seriously worse games in the series by far. Even worse than gen 5 and the shit story they forced me to grind through.
>>
File: cummies.png (10KB, 534x107px) Image search: [Google]
cummies.png
10KB, 534x107px
>>27505094
Stop posting.
>>
>>27505223
So nothing.
>>
>>27505242
I like how you ignore the argument even when it's fucking outlined for you
>>
File: Sm-Route119.png (68KB, 640x2240px) Image search: [Google]
Sm-Route119.png
68KB, 640x2240px
The world also feels so fucking small. Maybe it's because you move faster or because the scale is different or because everything is easier, but pic related felt like a real adventure in the original games. Here in ORAS it's just another route.
>>
>>27505264
But there is no argumentative content in that post, nor anything related to the post it's quoting.
>>
>>27504190
Not quite as bad, though they do feel like they're missing a lot. Even compared to the originals, they cut out a lot of the cool side areas. They also missed a perfect opportunity to make the Team Magma hideout actually be on Mt. Chimney instead of the ocean. I'd say it might hold par to the originals, but as a remake that's a bad sign, as it should have more stuff, not the same.
>>
>>27504415
Don't listen to everyone else, it's not as good as emerald but it's on par with or better than R/S. A lot of people enjoy them a lot, but since you're asking /vp/ you're going to get a lot of 'no', Bucuresti muh battle frontier and (I'm actually mad about this one) muh game corner. But they're still well worth playing, and I'd get and play them OP.
>>
>>27505292
Yup. If XY is any lead, it's definitely something with the engine they use. You seem to encounter less pokemon than other gens, and the sneaking in ORAS doesn't help much either. (Not to mention you can completely skip some grass parts in some routes like this one by a thin path of grassless tiles).
>>
>>27505372
Because*
>>
>>27504190
Certainly worth playing. Don't use Exp Share and you'll have a pretty good time.
>>
I haven't played a Pokemon game since diamond and I'm having a lot of fun with it desu.
>>
>>27505420
Me too, but that was because I was excited to finally play Hoenn. I started with Gen 4, so playing Gen 3 with that weird Physical/Special split is simply too much of a hassle for me.
>>
>>27505021
Actually New Mauville and Mt. Pyre are still there. New Mauville is rearranged completely and Mt. Pyre is extended.
>>
The only good thing about ORAS was the new design of Mauville City despite the Game Corner missing.
>>
>>27506373
Forgot to add it was confusing as hell though, but I kinda liked the concept of a mall. If only it wasn't mini Lumiose City.
>>
>>27504614
well like half of those points are pretty bullshit, but the other half is still worse enough to make me skip it. Granted, if someone would gift it to me, I'd still give it a go, but I won't pay 40$ for that
>>
Emerald was my favorite Pokémon game of all time, and I actually really liked these remakes. They did the originals a lot of justice, I just wish they kept the battle frontier.
>>
>>27504190
They're not terrible but they're incredibly disappointing. I'd much rather play Emerald and I could honestly debate between playing these and playing the original RS. A remake shouldn't make you have to consider whether or not you're going to play it or the games its remaking based on quality, and it certainly shouldn't be inferior to another version of the games its remaking from over a decade ago.

Still better than the absolute pieces of shit that were XY but a firm reminder of how lazy Game Freak can actually be.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.