[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this piece of shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: images (30).jpg (33KB, 509x289px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
33KB, 509x289px
The pokemon selection in this game is fucking garbage. From the beginning I decided my team would be

>Meganium
>Slowbro
>Ninetails
>Granbull
>Hitmonchan
>Mamoswine

Well now I figured out that Tyrogue and Swinub can only be obtained late game, and I pretty much need them to beat the Steel type gym leader since she one shotted my whole team (Vulpix, Granbull, Slowpoke) except for Meganium.

The FEW good mons there are are can only be obtained late game. FUCK this piece of SHIT.

(also can't beat the fighting type guy since the retards at Gamefreak decided to give Slowpoke fucking watergun and confusion. Why cant he learn any physical STAB attacks?)
>>
>>27502884
Not our fault you're a bad trainer
>>
>>27502884
You have a Fire Type, why is Steel giving you trouble?
>>
>>27502884
>I MUST have a specific team of 6 pokemon immediately despite the fact that i have literal hundreds to choose from!

Sorry the game wasnt designed for you
>>
>>27503170
Cause vulpix literally gets one shotted by her Magnemite's thunderbolt even though she supposedly has high Sdef. No firestones in sight.

>>27503133
My complaints are legitimate
>>
>>27502884
Holy shit you suck

Go play X/Y, the difficulty in those games should be perfect for your skill level
>>
>>27502884
how fucking bad can you be?

it's a game for children
>>
>using a defined team the entire game
>not changing mons in and out as you play until you get to the e4
>not picking the best of the Bros for the e4
This faggot
>>
>>27503201
I always found the grass by the milk farm to be a good grinding spot, try that.
>>
>>27503289
>not trying to get attached to potential bros you've never used before
You're the faggot.
>>
>>27502884
It sucks, because the pokedex in these games is really lackluster and fucked by playwalls, but you try to argue for this with absolutely shit points.

And now the idea that HGSS has a shitty pokedex is relegated to meme-tier by apologists

Fuck you OP fucking get good
>>
>>27503314
I only use Pokemon I've never used before for the league, that doesn't mean I can't have variety you autist
>>
>>27503201
You can get firestones in the pokethlon place
>>
>>27502884
Let me guess you hate BW too
>>
>>27502884
maybe you are just bad at the game? I didn't fully evolve my team until kanto.
>>
I literally just did a mono normal run of this game last week. Furret/Togepi/Wigglytuff/Ursaring was my elite 4 team, got clefable and miltank afterwards
>>
>>27502884

He does have a point. The Pokemon selection really is awful unless you use the Pokewalker or Safari Zone, which are both optional areas.

Raising stone evolutions is also annoying because the people who are suppose to give you the Evolution stones dont even start to give you them until you pass a certain point in the game, and then when they call you, it's only a small chance they're actually calling you for non bull shit. The only viable stone evols to raise duing a playthrough is the Nidos because you can simply find them in the overworld and your mom gives you one. So you're basically forced to go through the Pokeathlon (which isn't bad, mind you) but the thing is that only certian stones are on certain days.

And then don't forget about the Swarmons which in HGSS have been relegated to National Dex, so you have to deal with the shitty 1% encounter rate. What a crock of fuck.
>>
>>27506970
stone evos are worse the earlier you evolve them
>>
You're right, unless you get all your mons really soon in the game grinding is a must unless you want to get to the elite four at level 40.
>>
ITT: OP forgot to grind up his Slowpoke.

This fuckers learns Zen Headbutt before it evolves.

Also, you have Meganium but not a Slowbro?
>>
hgss poke selection truly was awful. which is embarassing considering it had 10 years to fix GSC's terrible selection and it didn't. mostly kanto mons and the same GSC pokes. no houndoom, kingdra, tyranitar until post game fuck you
>>
>>27506998
It doesn't matter when you evolve them in HGSS, they all have shit level up moves anyway.
>>
>>27506970
Safari Zone being optional is nothing. It's there, easy to access and has a tonne of pokemon. Not using it is not the game's fault.

I got a Heracross from Headbutting and an Azumarill from the Safari Zone because I know where to get Pokemon and just went for them.

Cant defend 1% Snubbul though. That's bull
>>
>>27506998

That wasn't even the point I was making.

The point is that unless you go for the optional content, you can get dicked over by RNG. You may get a Leaf Stone from Picknicker Gina as early as Morty, or as late as halfway through Kanto, still rolling around with a Gloom, while in all the other games you can simply by them or get them within the overworld at a reasonable point in the game.
>>
>>27507076

Slowpoke evolves at level 37, unless you use a King's Rock.

Bayleef evolves at level 32. It's pretty understandable why he doesn't have a slowbro as from Morty to Jasmine, the levels jump froma whole 10 levels with little amounts of EXP gained as most of the trainers between the 4th and 6th Gym leaders still are using level 15 Pokemon for the most part.
>>
>>27507107
you can catch a horsea at whirl islands holding a dragon scale and can get larvitar at the safari zone
>>
>>27506970
By that logic the whole fucking game is optional.
>>
>>27502884
Weren't you here a few days ago talking shit about how bad you are.
Again, you can beat anything with pretty much anything. Just GIT GUD.
>>
>>27502884
If you're upto jasmine get entei :^)
Might actually be your only 100% option you shitter
>>
File: Capture.jpg (88KB, 962x590px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
88KB, 962x590px
I started playing this again yesterday, r8 (6th mon will be umbreon)

>>27502884
Op you suck, this game is so fucking easy. Just grind some more levels and build a better team
>>
Just beat the game again recently and the game is indeed easy as fuck but I agree, I had to beat the elite four with basically three Pokemons because the ones I wanted in my team are only available AFTER e4, like wtf. Also if you want a pokemon only obtainable in the safari you have to wait like fucking 50 days
>>
>Mfw ripping everything apart with mammoswine, typhlosion, lapras and pinsir

Feels good man
>>
>>27502884
>having trouble in HGSS with probably one of the easiest gyms
Now I understand why Game Freak keep making easier games with every generation.
>>
>>27502884
>From the beginning I decided
I hate to say it, but you're playing the game wrong.
>>
>>27503314
If you get attached to them, then use them for the Elite Four.

These aren't difficult concept, people.
>>
>>27508760
It's all early game shit. Kind of standard. You should try to go for more of a spread.
>>
File: quag.jpg (32KB, 269x320px) Image search: [Google]
quag.jpg
32KB, 269x320px
>>
>>27512391
Shitmon.
>>
File: HA HA HA.png (37KB, 222x183px) Image search: [Google]
HA HA HA.png
37KB, 222x183px
>>27502884
>>
>>27503289
I do this in every pokemon game but HGSS, where I feel like you need to get a good team early on, because everything in the wild is such a low level later on
>>
>>27508760
>not having a giga nigga with attack and speed EVs and a variety of different typed sweeping moves

Nigga that's literally all you have to do to finish the storyline so you can start playing the real game
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.