[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY THE FUCK ARE ONLY GEN1 GETTING ALOLA FORMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1459706583740.jpg (482KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1459706583740.jpg
482KB, 850x850px
GOING BY THE RUMOURS ITS GEN 1 ALL THE WAY WHICH IS SHIT
>>
because they want to cash in on all the nostalgists whose attention they got with pokemon go
>>
>>27500272
Pardon me Op. Could you point me to where it was confirmed that only Gen 1 pokemon would get this treatment?

DId you consider that they started with Gen 1 pokemon to achieve the most impact for the reveal? Its alot more surprising to see a pokemon thats been around for 20 years get a brand new typing and form than to see somthing from 2 generations ago get a rework.
>>
Do the words, "20th Anniversary" mean anything to you?
>>
Thank Arceus it's just Gen 1 and they won't go overboard with all the other uniconic Pokemon.
>>
Yeah, they should give alt forms to pokemon that just came out a couple of years ago, so you can relive your childhood!
>>
>>27500272

You want an actual answer? It's because they're doing it as a trial run with the safest generation of pokemon to give "Alolan Forms". If it's received well, they will likely continue doing regional forms in the future, presumably with mons of different gens.

Think for like five seconds.
>>
>>27500582
That makes no sense dude.
It would make sense if OP asked why only Alola has variants, but that's not what he asked.
>>
>>27500438
THIS
We've only seen 3 pokemon variations so far, what ground do you people have to stand on?
They're just revealing the ones everyone knows about so that everyone know these are different
I'm sure the final game will have some from each gen
>>
>>27500505
>>27500505
>>
File: Pupper.jpg (34KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
Pupper.jpg
34KB, 600x582px
The explanation is simple and it's power creep, you simple minded child. Gen 1 is full of shitty mono types with awful base stats that can't compare to the shit they released in gen 4 and latter, so they're getting a "makeover" to make them relevant today. It's in the same vein as mega-evos, really.
>>
>>27500272
You gotta go with the best and most memorable.
>>
>>27500272
This is what I wrote in another thread:

I think the reason why those mons were given a complete different typing is that they won't overlap with their post-gen1 counterparts. For example: Fennekin line is the new firefox, that's why Vulpix is now ice type, because instead of create a white fox pokemon, why not use an already existing fox and change the typing due to enviromental adaptability like irl animals. Same with the case of Sandshrew and Drillbur lines.

Maybe we will see an Alola Machamp because of Conkeldurr. And the different typings will be exclusive to Alola. Meaning they will take their place in the national pokedex or figure as alternate forms.
>>
>>27500272
To be fair a lot of gen 1 Pokemon are fucking terrible. Gen 2 could use the boost too honestly
>>
>>27500272
So they can add them to Pokemon Go.
>>
>>27501853
Sleep tight, pupper!
>>
I want to see what the general opinion on the variation pokemon is

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/10889044
>>
>>27501853
sleep tight, pupper
>>
>>27500272
Because then people will have a reason to play GO, VC RBY or XYORAS if they want their original forms instead of the Alola variants.
>>
>>27500505
uniconic like Arceus so I agree
>>
Gen 1 needs the stat and typing redesigns the most or they won't be able to compete with newer mons due to power creep.
>>
>>27500272
Because

1. It's Hawaii + Japan (so technically there should be Alolan Johto mons too I spose)
2. Gen I and II are the Pokemania gens and thus the most bankable.
>>
>>27500462

This.
>>
>>27500272
Archeops will never be good, that is the sad truth, OP
>>
they have to be recognizable or they might as well just make a new Pokemon
>>
>>27500272
Gen 1 cocksucking, of course.
>>
>>27500272
>>27504795
Speaking of Archeops, I wouldn't trust one to fly me anywhere.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.