[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vp/ think that Alolan forms of old Pokemon should count

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (98KB, 626x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 626x352px
Does /vp/ think that Alolan forms of old Pokemon should count for a New Pokemon Only run of the game?

First time I'll ever be doing one because I just love the new Pokemon so much, but I'm not sure about these dudes.
>>
They function just like new Pokemon, so why not?
>>
>>27499642
Personally I'd count them as new Pokemon, but I'm sure most of /vp/'s autists will say they are not new Pokemon because reasons.
>>
File: baby cream.png (200KB, 403x400px) Image search: [Google]
baby cream.png
200KB, 403x400px
>never appeared in a previous gen before
>have new types, abilities, and new movesets
>have different stat distributions

I don't see why not senpai;
>>
>>27499642
>different typing
>different stats
>different moveset
don't see how it doesn't count
>>
>>27499642
Use whatever you want?
>>
>>27499684
>>27499690
These. Its like not having a weavile in gen IV. Just because its rooted in previous gens doesn't discredit the "newness" of these pokemon, if anything they're even more rooted in this gen than cross-evos could hope to be
>>
It doesn't matter. I do think it's an interesting way of showing how quickly speciation works in Pokémon.
>>
Not new Pokemon, but new forms on Pokemon.

I will count the new species as New Pokemon, and then these guys (Which I deeply love) as Delta Pokemon.

It will be awesome to travel to different regions carrying the Pokemon that I know will be different across the pokeglobe. <3
>>
>>27499642
I'd like to think it meants they're not as beholden to gen 1 mon as we'd thing. If a Kanto remake is ever announced it'll certainly be interesting.

They've rocked my expectations. Had just Eggecutor been announced I'd have said only secondary typings are changing and slight appearences so they don't constitute new mon.

But with the other two it complete turns the traditional line on its head and adds typings
>>
They're variations of Gen 1 mons, so even with the new typing/ability/stat tweaks I don't really count them as new Pokemon. However if it fits onto your team, then go ahead and use them OP. It's your adventure.
>>
I think the reason why those mons were given a complete different typing is that they won't overlap with their post-gen1 counterparts. For example: Fennekin line is the new firefox, that's why Vulpix is now ice type, because instead of create a white fox pokemon, why not use an already existing fox and change the typing due to enviromental adaptability like irl animals. Same with the case of Sandshrew and Drillbur lines.

Maybe we will see an Alola Machamp because of Conkeldurr. And the different typings will be exclusive to Alola. Meaning they will take their place in the national pokedex or figure as alternate forms.
>>
>>27499642
obviously, they're retyped they're functionally totally different
>>
Well, they seem to be subspecies of old Pokémon, so I think that makes them new as they're variations on already known Pokémon. I really like them because it gives off such a nice Darwinian vibe. So I'll plan on using them, and I don't plan on using old mons on my team either.
>>
>>27499642
Which one is more fun for you?
>>
I don't think TPCi willl have them as a separate species from the regular ones, but I would consider them to be new.
>>
>>27499642

I originally only wanted to use new Pokemon, but I'll definitely use Vulpix now
>>
I'm doing an AlolaDex Exclusive run my first playthrough. This excludes Alolan Forms just to keep it as fresh as possible.

Then I'll do a run that's just Alolan Forms.
>>
>>27499642
>Alola Forms
>Forms
>FORMS

You tell me if they are new Pokémon or not, senpai.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.