[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alola lore theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I think I figured something out, but it could just be from lack of sleep. Anyway, given that Alola is the first region to really have different typings on a single species, as well as type different variations, and strong elemental ties to a type in different regions, I think it might be where evolutionary stones are either imported from, or found in the highest quantity. The mountains that our ice shifted vulpix and sandshrew could radiate the same kind of energy that allows eevee to become glaceon, for example. The islands could act as...I want to say fire, thunder, dusk, and either sun or moon stones in certain locations, or to certain pokemon, with water stones being beneath the sea. The guardians may be cause or effect of this too, either charging their islands with their energy so much that it causes the land to take it on and changes what lives on it, or being born because the islands had such abnormal amounts of this energy in the first place. Hell, the Oricorio pokedex entries say they are different because they fed on the sap of trees on the different islands, which supports the game lore idea that the region has some form of super charged effect relating to typing.

Anyway, thoughts for or against? Does it have merit, or am I so dumb that I should have spent my time while doing manual labor at work distracting myself in other ways?
>>
File: Wormadam.jpg (29KB, 402x373px) Image search: [Google]
Wormadam.jpg
29KB, 402x373px
>>27498644
>Anyway, given that Alola is the first region to really have different typings on a single species

But it isn't.
>>
>>27498644
>different typings on a single species
Castform & Rotom

>as well as type different variations
Castform & Rotom

>am I so dumb
Yes
>>
>>27498644
More likely that the developers are taking pages straight from the book of Charles Darwin. Island chains are notable for providing isolated environments where animals can evolve in rapidly diverse ways and Darwin specifically observed the difference in tropical birds depending on thier environment. This is probably why we're getting Gen 1 'mons with new forms too.
>>
>>27498704
>>27498684
To be fair, it is easy to forget them at 4 AM when trying to just make your day go by a bit faster so you can finally fucking sleep. But fair points, I guess.
>>
I thought the evolutions were based of the islands?
>>
>>27498958
It is based off the islands. I spent too much time wondering why is all since I had nothing better to think of while doing busy work and trying to stay awake all night.

>>27498802
Well yes, but it was just a theory on what was different about the islands that causes the environments to be so different. Probably looking way too deep into it though.
>>
>>27498704

>Castform

Developed by humans, an exception.

>Rotom

Not truly changing its own type, it's taking on the type of a machine it possesses temporarily.

I actually like OP's theory about the stones, it would fit the alchemy theme well.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.