[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Moon/Sun 2DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon-2ds-640x427.jpg (90KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-2ds-640x427.jpg
90KB, 640x427px
Do you guys think the new games will have performance problems on the 2DS? I am considering to buy a 2DS just for the new pokemon games.
>>
2DS has the same components as 3DS, minus 3D slider, IIRC. So they should run fine.
>>
>>27497610
No, they'll perform pretty much the same. You might notice less FPS lag during triple or horde battles on the absolute latest model 3DS, but if you don't want to spend too much money for just Pokémon the 2DS works just fine.
>>
>>27497619
I think he's worried about the game being optimized for New 3DS.

I have a regular 3DS and I'm worried as well. What we've seen in the trailers is a tad too good looking and smooth. I'm expecting it to not look as good in regular 3DS/2Ds.
Some games do this already, Monster Hunter loses detail in several textures and overall looks less crisp. There's ways to make a game less heavy without it looking like shit as anyone who plays on PC probably knows
However, after 20 years I still don't trust Gamefreaks technical capabilities all that much.
>>
the 2DS contains the same guts as a 3DS save for the screen
>>27497619
>So they should run fine
https://youtu.be/3AZHowhxM0U?t=178
Game Freak has no idea how to optimize their engine
>>
>>27497610
No. Even on a new 3DS the game lags in battles with 3D on in ORAS.
>>
hope the it has extra new 3ds features or at least better fps, i really want an excuse to buy one besides MH
>>
>>27497610
It's likely some tiny component will only work on the new 3ds in the same way that Black/white had a tiny component only work on the dsi
>>
>>27497694
what am I supposed to see here?
>>
I have a clear red 2DS, clear green 2DS, 3DS and 3DS XL. They all run the same but the 2DS is the most comfortable to hold.
>>
File: 1469915483458.jpg (73KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
1469915483458.jpg
73KB, 600x536px
>>27497694
Besides them having a completely new engine this gen.
>kek
>>
>>27497973
thanks anon I think I'll get the 2ds now
>>
WHO /2ds/ HERE?
>>
2DS are less expensive than a 3DS, right?

I've been thinking of getting back into Pokemon especially if this gen makes competitive stuff more accessible, but I don't know if I want to make a heavy investment in a handheld.
>>
I had a 2DS blue/black to play pokemon X, screen size is definitely on the small size. I'd recommend taking the hit and getting an XL
>>
>>27498530
2DS is cheaper and comes with a game (Mario Kart or Super Mario Bros)
>>
>>27498540
when comparing with 3DS, they have the same size. So if you are between buying a 3DS or 2DS screen size is irrelevant since they are the same. I doubt someone shopping with a budget will get the XL anyway.
>>
>>27498540
My sister has a 2DS and if I didn't have an XL I probably wouldn't notice too terribly. That being said, the XL is pretty nice. I got a refurb so it wasn't as expensive.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.