[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>YFW nearly every gen finds a way to make gen 1 still relevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: wow such gen1 throwback.jpg (354KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
wow such gen1 throwback.jpg
354KB, 966x827px
>YFW nearly every gen finds a way to make gen 1 still relevant
>>
File: 1465494009587.jpg (80KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465494009587.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
>>27496379
>>
>>27496379
Don't forget

Lickitung/Lickilicky
Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
Tangela/Tangrowth
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Bouffalant/Tauros
Roggenrolla/Boldore/Gigalith/Geodude/Graveler/Golem
Timburr/Gurdurr/Conkeldurr/Machop/Machoke/Machamp
Foongus/Amoongus/Voltorb/Electrode
Munna/Musharna/Drowzee/Hypno
Woobat/Swoobat/Zubat/Golbat
Sawk/Throh/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan

There really are a lot of ways, and this is just Pokémon-wise.

They've always shilled Gen 1, so don't over react like it was something new when they show us the Alola forms of Gen 1 Pokémon first.
>>
Gen 2 baby/evos
Gen 3 baby
Gen 4 baby/evos
Gen 5 hidden abilities
Gen 6 mega evolution
Gen 7 alola forms
>>
What gen1 pandering do gens 3 and 5 have?
>>
>>27497634
Gen 3 only had Wynaut and Azurill as babies, idiot.
>>
>>27496379
>having to include grimer to link trubbish
>>
>>27496379
As shown by pokemon go, gen 1 is a cash cow. They can make an all new pokemon game without anything gen 1 related and it can be a fine profitable game but with gen 1 it becomes a blockbuster.

With gen 1 they put the minimum amount of effort and get the most returns. It would be financially irresponsible to not pander to gen 1.
>>
>>27497669
Gen 5 has many designs similar to gen 1's, and its not a coincidence, it was meant to be a reboot but also a tip of the hat by providing 156 pokemon, more than gen 1's, and things like conkeldurr seem like machamp, boufalant and tauros, audino and chansey, trubish and muk, pidove and pidgey, rattata and patrat, etc.

Gen III doesn't though, it litteraly distanced itself as much as it could from the previous gens, its like the edgy kid of the family, denying conection to its cousins in hope of being admired for what it is.
>>
File: VSRich_Boy_ORAS.png (74KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
VSRich_Boy_ORAS.png
74KB, 400x240px
Gen 1 stays fucking winning
>>
File: firered-leafgreen.jpg (85KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
firered-leafgreen.jpg
85KB, 470x235px
>>27497669
Do you know, I just can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>27496379
Well, it was the first one
>>
>>27496476
>Don't forget...
Bruh, that's literally what OP's talking about
>>
>Hoenn is the only region without gen 1 pandering
>it's also the most shit on region
HMMMMM
>>
>>27497826
Gen 3 has a bunch of gen 2 mons scattered all around and further developed a lot of gen 2 ideas such as female protag, breeding, and berries
>>
>>27500232

What does that have to do with gen 1 though?
>>
>>27496379
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>27499573
How could I forget
>>
>someone on vp implying that gen 5 was made up of mostly rehashes
I've waited six years for this.
>>
>>27499573

When people say gen 3 they are referring to RSE.
>>
>>27499573
What does this have to do with 1st gen?
>>
>>27499573
FRLG were necessary to fix gen 1's problems you dolt.
>>
>>27500167
People don't love over regions for pandering, though. It's a coincidence.

Also, ironically, Gens I and V are the most shit on generations around here. Simultaneously, Gen V is also the most praised generation, because it's a hugely divisive subject.
>>
>>27500541
>rehashes
You mean reimaginings and allusions, friend. Conkeldurr isn't the same as Machamp. Bouffalant isn't the same as Tauros. Swoobat isn't the same as Golbat. Trubbish isn't the same as Grimer/Koffing.
>>
I don't understand why people in these threads don't understand that the safest way to test a new mechanic and see if it's well received is by implementing it using first gen mons. If it works out, they start branching out more to other gens. Gen 1 is the safest to try new stuff with.

C'mon guys. It's not that hard to understand.
>>
Another reason why Gen 3 is the best gen
>>
>>27500167
Hoen had lots of gen 1 pokemon like zubat, geodude, machop, abra, magikarp and tentacool.
>>
>>27500706
This.
Gen V (or at least BW) was a sort of soft reboot. Same basic ideas, different execution.
>>
>>27500757
this
>>
>>27500828
*shittier execution
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.