[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Niantic apologizes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_20160801-232653.png (497KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160801-232653.png
497KB, 1440x2560px
Niantic apologizes
>>
>>27494560
>apology
they dodge the issues yet again and just advertise for more releases worldwide. meanwhile the capture rates have "mysteriously" risen and there's a glitch/feature where a pokemon literally changes species after catching
>>
>basic gameplay features
>confusing
Fuck you cunts, you only made me madder now

>nebulous third party blame
You all need to die
>>
File: image.png (337KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
337KB, 640x1136px
How are my pokes
>>
>Original 3 step feature
>Confusing
>Killing tracking devices to maintain "quality"
Nah fuck them, this is bullshit from people who refuse to see the problem
>>
>>27494560
Is there even a problem with the third party shit?
>we don't want you to find a decent pokemon with help, we prefer if you walk around your shit city for 3 hours and only maybe get zubats. Buy incense you FUCKS.
>>
Hopefully they let pokevison get back up again

That would be a dick move and they know it, its at 1.4 / 5 on the app store because of it
>>
>>27494640
Exeggutor is not nearly long enough.
>>
>>27494676
>>27494682
With the game as it is, it's pretty necessary to even have fun and should have been left alone until they "improved the feature".
However, ultimately it is cheating and I can see why they shut it down, I just wish they had a sense of timing and shut it down right as they launched the new and improved tracking.
>>
>3 step feature
>confusing

I used it perfectly fine to hunt down nearby Pokemon on several occasions before they buggered it and then removed it completely. Is not knowing where in the actual fuck any Pokemon are supposed to be LESS confusing?
>>
>>27494723
They're not going to admit they took it down for server load reasons. That'd have people just going "get more servers then". This way, they can "improve" it as long as it takes.
>>
>>27494560
The thing that bothered me from people was the fact that before, when the 3-step glitch was relevant, not a lot of people really cared too much. Although, it did make tracking pokemon exactly as bad as it is now, now people are up in arms after the update. Tracking pokemon now hasn't really changed from before, it's just that now that the feature's (possibly temporarily) removed, it's been made clear that Niantic is fully aware that the glitch is a problem.

>we strive to improve this feature

If they were able to remove it easily after one update, I'm sure they'll add it back again in the near future.
>>
>>27494819
They need to go back to what the trailer promised and just have literal directions to the pokemon. What reason do they have for changing that? Is it a legal thing?
>>
>>27494560
>"The large number of users has made the rollout of Pokemon-Go around the world an... interesting... challenge."
This statement made me sad. Niantic underestimated the franchise and Nintendo/GF trusted them with their Brand. And they're not prepared for any of it. And even seemed like tjey didnt care for a while, and have most certainly made moves and twitter posts that brought bad press.
>>
>>27494848
I can't imagine they don't care, they were probably just incredibly swamped. After all, aren't there like only 40 employees?
>>
>it wouldn't be so bad if Niantic would just give a statement about this

>*niantic gives a statement about this*

>Fucking bullshit excuse sidestepping the issue
>>
>>27494867
Hire more staff? Surely they can afford it after just releasing the most downloaded mobile game ever.
>>
File: 1469409313453.jpg (1MB, 1000x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1469409313453.jpg
1MB, 1000x1412px
>We have limited access by third-party services which were interfering with our ability to maintain quality of service for our users and to bring Pokémon GO to users around the world.

IT'S ALL POKEVISION'S FAULT!!!
>>
File: 1439663460761.jpg (11KB, 248x252px) Image search: [Google]
1439663460761.jpg
11KB, 248x252px
>We're sorry, we're working on it, ok bye talk to you later

Niantic are cock sucking assholes

If I lived close to their office, I would walk into the building and piss on the floor
>>
>>27495378
>tfw live in the city of one of their locations
>>
File: Izame.jpg (22KB, 501x657px) Image search: [Google]
Izame.jpg
22KB, 501x657px
>tfw they will never release it in Iceland
I'm used to it anyway...
>>
So did you hear that the President of Niantic had his Twitter account hacked
>>
>Removed a feature because it was confusing to normies
>Confuses even more by not having a sense if direction.
>>
>>27495451
You have your mission, anon.
>>
>>27495470
You don't want it. It's the worst pokemon game to date and it doesn't even work.
>>
>>27495527

I liked it with the working tracker and the shitty servers better than what it is now

I haven't been playing much because it just sucks. You just walk around hoping something will pop up, and I have seen a few that I didn't even have in the Pokedex nearby, but had no idea where to look
>>
>>27495527
Sounds like fun to me
>>
>>27495576
>Sounds like fun to me
So does the Holocaust. Doesn't mean it is.
>>
>Legendary birds being given away as apologies
>Battery saver and Pokemon Tracking outright removed entirely
>Pokemon Maps taken down but spoofers/bots aren't
>Pokemon literally turning into other Pokemon
>Hideous catch rate changes for extra shekels
>Niantic's horrible damage control
This is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>27495502
Instructions unclear. Dick caught in badge scanner.
>>
>>27495592

It gets worse every day

I'm not sure they're gonna last very long if they don't have a massive turn around. Game launches like this don't work out well very often. I've seen this kind of thing a dozen times
>>
>>27495561
It's just disappointing -- you expect the game to be walking around and exploring to find pokemon, or at least running into them as you go about your day, but for most people it really boils down to finding a convenient place where Pokestops converge and camping there while everyone slaps lures on them because it's the only way anything will spawn where you live.
>>
>>27494560
wait, i thought removing footsteps was a temporary situation

is it permanent?
jesus christ
>>
File: 1468996111860.jpg (43KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
1468996111860.jpg
43KB, 605x605px
I just wanted to walk around and have fun.
>>
>>27495673

That's true, and it's the best way to find Pokemon but the thing that sucks about that I'm pretty sure certain Pokemon won't spawn from Lure and you have to go to certain places to find one. Even pay-to-win grinding isn't a solution to everything
>>
File: pepechu.jpg (60KB, 499x480px) Image search: [Google]
pepechu.jpg
60KB, 499x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0
>>
>confusing
What the fuck?
They're actually just trying to write it off as if that simple and basic system was confusing so they don't have to admit that they're dumb as fuck and couldn't fix the glitch?
Holy moly.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160802-042627.png (879KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160802-042627.png
879KB, 1440x2560px
>tfw the most fun i've had playing the game was hunting down a Bulbasaur using the step tracker
>they're so incompetent that they just removed it entirely instead of fixing it

anyway, post 'em
>>
>>27495879
It wasn't just a glitch or else they would have just rolled back the earlier version that worked. They don't want to admit it overloaded their servers, because the obvious answer is just get more servers. The "fixed" version will be something light on the servers.
>>
>>27495527
>It's the worst pokemon game to date and it doesn't even work.
That's not Pokemon Dash and Gen 1
>>
>it was confusing, so we disabled it! yeah that's it, now you get nothing haha!
everyone knows it was because of server load though
>>
>confusing
Then stop programming with a programming language you don't understand.
>>
>The original feature, although enjoyed by many, was also confusing

Because you guys didn't explain how the mechanic worked. At all. Really no mechanics were explained.
>>
Doesn't look like an apology to me, my man. Looks like a shit dev sidestepping an issue and trying to take on even more regions for additional potential fuckups. How grand.
>>
>>27494848
Let's be fair, who would have anticipated such a large normie turnout? Practically every adult is playing Pokemon Go. I see middle aged business men at the shop I work in trying to discretely hold their phone by their side to hide the flashes of Pokemon Go on their screens. It's even been influencing the election within the first week of launch. No developer would ever dream of that kind of response that quickly, it's too huge.
>>
>>27494560
>this really basic game mechanic we never explained is confusing, better remove it!
If you're worried about people being confused, why not EXPLAIN LITERALLY ANY MECHANICS IN THE GAME?
>>
>>27496563
I dunno man, I'm having more fun playing Pokemon Yellow on the VC than struggling with the ever-laggy pile of code that is Pokemon GO.
>>
>>27494819
Them removing the steps entirely suggested that they have no intention of bringing back the step system.
>>
>>27495706
i find dratini and other rare pokemon from lure parties

they wont gimp lures so they can get more money
>>
I wonder if it's nantic we should be getting mad at, or Google/Nintendo. Nantic, from my understanding, is a relatively small group and may really not have any PR experience or staff but as Google owns/partially owns (I can't be assed to check specifics right now) Nantic, you'd think that PR responsibilities would fall on them.

You've got billions of dollars, Google. Hire a bunch of pros to talk to the players, give everyone 200 coin and start talking up plans to add trading, PvP, future gens, etc.

Bam, enormous good will generated and they now have the time and consumer patience needed to fix the damned game.
>>
>>27499476
Google doesn't own Niantic anymore.

Nintendo only owns a 20% stake in Pokemon.

They can't do shit even if they really wanted to.
>>
>>27499523
Huh. I was under the impression that Google was still a partial owner after the spin off but it looks like they really have no control over them.

Serves me right for not double checking before posting.
>>
>>27494560
They MIGHT have a point about tracking websites

If a tracker is an account that sends various GPS locations and forces checks for Pokemon a lot, it might put more strain on the servers than walkers
Especially if you do both at the same time like spoofers do.

Maybe the servers are shit because they are put under more than double the pressure than they would be without tracking websites. That would explain why scanners are slower now. The server updates your location less frequently. they would also have disabled the footsteps since less common location updates would make it worse. Imagine walking a hundred metres in the wrong direction because the game hasn't registered your location so you didn't go from 2 steps to 3.

Mind you, I'm not defending them. None of this would have happened if the footsteps worked or if the net code wasn't shit
>>
>>27494560
release the game in Brazil before the Olympics, get monies, invest in better/more servers, fix the tracker, reenable 3rd party scanners, hardban spoofers,
>>
>>27499995
also lower the catching difficulty to how it was before, bring back the old curveball angle and fix the RNG for candies given for hatching
>>
Jesus christ wtf are you guys complaining about? It's a free game that didn't even exist a month ago, sure it's worse now but stop being so fucking dramatic
>>
>>27500108
I think it's more interesting discussing how Niantic is fucking it up rather than a discussion about how the game sucks now.
>>
>>27495592
Wait when were the birds given out
>>
>>27494640
Generic as fuck
>>
>>27499615
Its the N in alphabet, which is googles parent company. So you wernt totally wrong.
>>
>>27499476

Google/Niantic are same thing, really. Ever try to get a human at Google? Not gonna happen.

Google and Niantic are developer-centric companies. That's good, in that cool shit can be developed. It's also bad in that one of the axioms is that algos are better at everything than people. So - if the algo says the human is a bot/cheater/suspicious login, your gmail account -- not my Pokemon account, my actual gmail account -- is disabled. (I got hit with that on my second day of playing, because Pokemon + unstable servers + dynamic IP from my phone and a series of connections/disconnections == Google, not Niantic, thought I was violating GOOGLE's TOS by logging in simultaneously from multiple IPs. I was lucky, in that the very same robots that killed my gmail account also accepted my answers to the account recovery procedures and gave it back a few minutes later. But had the robot thought otherwise, my 4-year-old gmail account would have been nuked with no right of appeal.)

PoGo-side, same deal. Robots amalgamate user content. If that means Koffing shows up at Auschwitz, no big deal. If the PR shitstorm is high enough, a human can intervene -- but for the other 99% of cases where weird shit shows up at a pokestop, well, you can just wait a few months for us to do anything about it.

Key to the mentality is that the data and the developers are more important than the users. Whether the game is fun or not is irrelevant. It only has to be fun enough to get millions of players collecting data. To a piece of DNA, orgasm is an evolutionarily-developed bribe in order to get our genes to do the thing that makes genes replicate. For Niantic, it's not about Pokemon, anymore than Ingress was about the Enlightened vs. the Resistance: *the purpose of the game is to get millions of players to collect real-world data*, because dealing with that sort of real-world data is what Niantic, and Google, both agree is an interesting problem worthy of developer attention.
>>
>>27495148

you knew this was going to happen. jeez.

its just good they finally got their head *somewhat* out of their asses.
>>
This guy should become PR manager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNkodau7JjU
>>
>>27495470
it is though
>>
>>27494619
wait wat
>>
>>27494560
How is that an apology?
They're basically saying they are aware of the fans disappointment with recent changes but won't do anything about it.
>>
>>27494671
>>27494629
>>27494723

To be fair, the tracking system DID need some figuring out in order to be used properly. Maybe they'll either re-add it once everything under the hood is sorted out, or replace it with a clearer way of tracking 'mons. Like "Vaporeon 200m away" or something like that.

>>27494676
>>27494722

Technically, sites like Pokevision and Pokehuntr weren't cheating, as the info was found to be public on Niantic's IPA. However, all that tracking DID put a lot of strain on the servers, so the sites had to be taken down for maintenance to be done. What's more, those sites were actually profiting from all the access, so Niantic gave the C&D to kill both birds with one stone.
>>
PLEASU UNDERSTANDU
>>
>>27498666
I bet Ingress would suffer just as much if everyone started playing it.
>>
Best day was when a Blastoise spawned right outside our front door, so my wife and I sat on our stoop and caught it without having to walk anywhere.

I think we have a Squirtle nest near our house because every week another one of the Squirtle line spawns in the same place.
>>
>>27506757
You shouldn't be too surprised. It's been reported that a species of Pokemon tends to spawn in one place, not unlike the placement of Gyms and Pokestops, but completely random. That's why player-source maps are so high up on the App Store.
>>
>>27495148
Pretty much. But to be fair, it's probably different people. At least this should mollify a fraction of the playerbase.

>>27495681
Reread their post.
>>
>>27506757
that's not a nest, anon.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.