[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no gyms >Z moves >pic related pre order canceled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

File: image.png (1MB, 952x614px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 952x614px
>no gyms
>Z moves
>pic related
pre order canceled
>>
>>27488499
>>no gyms
>>Z moves
>>pic related
pre order doubled
>>
>>27488499
and why should i care
if you cancel your preorder then fuck off and stop shitting on a game you apparently will not play
>>
>>27488499
>no gyms
Each of the 4 islands has 2 "bosses", a challenge captain and a kahuna, totaling at least 8 boss fights before endgame. It's essentially the same structure, just with different theming. Do you really need it to be completely the same for a 7th time?
>>
>>27488499
SANDSHREW WEARS A LITTLE PARKA MADE OF ICE FOR FUCKS SAKE
>>
>>27488499
>WAH, IT'S D-D-DIFFERENT THAN W-WHAT I'M U-U-USED TO!

Fuck you, I hope this is really successful so they actually start experimenting with the game format.
>>
>>27488499
I hate the new forms, and the removal of gyms (hate this with a burning passion, but can still get over it), but Z moves don't seem that bad. Just the atrocious names. (Bloom Doom? What are we, Skylanders?)
>>
>>27488499
>he preorder games
>>
>>27488975
This. There's no reason to pre-order video games unless it's something like a limited edition that you might actually have trouble getting ahold of. Core Pokemon titles are not hard to find or short stocked on launch day.
>>
>>27488499
I like that they're switching up the gym system. I hope the 'evil' Team also brings something new to the table this gen.

The regional form pallet swaps are common in most rpgs. It was nice not to have them and it made all the pokemon seem a bit more unique. But I realize that game freak are looking at the future and planning for this franchise to last forever. So get used to seeing regional forms because future gens will be a mix of old pokes, new pokes, megas, and regional formes
>>
>>27488499
i had no intention of getting this game until today, this shit looks great
>>
>this is the best designs of pokemon so far!
>GF re-releases gen 1 pokemon
>y-yeah I love this gen.. genwunners b-btfo!
>>
>no gyms
Im ok about this i think it could work, wont know till more details about them, hoping for long or complex island challenges.

>z-moves
Not a fan i see it the same as mega evos and is just a gimmick, attacks do look awesome though

>region forms
Swear to god if they added these just so they didnt have to design many new pokemon ill fly to japan to beat the shit out of the entire GF staff.
>>
>>27488499
I like these better than megas because they feel more organic, but it really rattles my 'tism that GF made vulpix and sandshrew ice type in a fucking tropical region.

They should have just given different forms to mon's like corsola, bellossom, tropius.
>>
>>27488918
>the removal of gyms (hate this with a burning passion, but can still get over it),

Why? Of all the fucking this to hate why would you hate this? It's there in all but name but the concept is still a more unique and fresh take on things.

We've had 20 fucking years of gym battles. Why is something new so bad?
>>
>>27489234
No, that would make too much sense
>>
>>27488499
Wait, there's no gyms?
>>
>>27489234
>>27489302

Have you fuckers looked at the map?
There's a huge ice mountain in one of the sialnds, retards.
>>
>>27489082
No mentions to a villainous team up until now. I'm hoping there isn't one.
A villain acting alone, or a small group of two or three people would be nice for a change.

The only thing hinting at some kind of plot is the mysterious assistant girl.
>>
File: hawaii-snow-2009-1-7-10-35-0.jpg (52KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
hawaii-snow-2009-1-7-10-35-0.jpg
52KB, 640x426px
>>27489234
This is in Hawaii.
>>
>>27489418
But with no villainous team what will Looker have to investigate?
>>
>>27489267
I'm not against change, but gyms didn't NEED changing? The challenges seem....cute...but the solid idea of gyms is much better to me.
>>
I can understand the hate of getting rid of gyms. Part of the excitement of them was beating these official, amazing trainers to become the best in the region.
Now it seems like you're travelling across some tourist resort beating some challenges they set out to attract you there.
>>
>>27488685
The official description of the Captains seems to imply there could be more than 4 of them.
>>
>>27489418
>not wanting Kanto colonists trying to uproot Alolan culture to be the villainous team
>>
File: Exodia.png (279KB, 310x361px) Image search: [Google]
Exodia.png
279KB, 310x361px
>>27488499
>they revealed Sun and Moon
pre-order cancelled
>>
>>27489652
>Part of the excitement of them was beating these official, amazing trainers to become the best in the region.
What are kahunas then?

Hint: they control a guardian deity each.
>>
Before today I was unsure about actually buying this and waiting till next gen. Fuck. That. I'd buy this today if it was available.

>no gyms
Senpai we've had years of gyms. I'm glad they're mixing it up with bosses instead

>Z moves
Only used once in battle and its a hold Item. Basically a beefy power gem.

>pic related
As long as we get a big batch of new pokemon as well, this is perfect

They were testing the 3d with x/y. This is all their experience and hard work poured into this one last game before the next gen console. I think the high expectations will be met. Who ready for /vp/s new bw2?
>>
I actually decided to preorder thanks to this update kek
>>
>>27489652
I don't think a child going through a rite of passage is exactly taking a tour
>>
>>27489715
Same here I'm 110% hyped
>>
>>27489605
Aren't the Kahunas still basically Gym Leaders?

It's the Captains that are an incognite right now as we don't know if you actually fight them as a part of the trials.
>>
Where have gyms been confirmed to be not included? These trials could be an attempt to add more content that xy was lacking and not replacing gyms.
>>
>>27488499
Autists hate change. It's part of what makes them autistic.
>>
>>27489909
>It's the Captains that are an incognite right now as we don't know if you actually fight them as a part of the trials.
It's implied you do. They have type specialties, and the website says you don't "only" battle them.
>>
Alola forms seem cool but it all comes down to one thing
Will it be for pokemon past gen 1 or not
>>
>>27489984
Oh. I haven't checked the website profiles yet.
Then it's pretty much confirmed we have 8 fights total. Plus the totens which will act as bosses for the trials.
>>
>>27490008
I'm hoping there is. But since it's the 20th anniversary I wouldn't be surprised if there's not. Maybe some Gen 2 too.

If they plan on do more regional variations in next games it would make sense save newer Pokemon for then. And though they aren't new, we just had a Gen III remake.
>>
Z moves are the only retarded thing to be announced.

I'm so fucking done with gyms and the league formula.

I hope there's no evil team either.
>>
>>27490181
>Then it's pretty much confirmed we have 8 fights total
Gonna have to correct you here: at least 8 battles total. Because:

1) Nobody knows how many trials per captain will involve battles.
2) We have no idea if battling captains and totems are separate.
3) The japanese Pokemon website confirmed there would be more captains.
>>
>>27489594

Fuck Looker, shitty forced character.
>>
>>27490310
I thought it was just 4 Captains and one trial by Captain. The English trailer implies so.

Also, even if there are multiple trials, I think fighting the Captain is done after accomplishing all of that Captain's trials. Fighting Totems also seemed like a part of said trials.
>>
>>27489594
Maybe Looker is just on vacation this time.
>>
>>27490267
>No evil team
>Spend all game trying to bring a chill vibe to the islands
>Maybe dance a little too

Sounds neat.
>>
>>27488499
Why is alola such a special snowflake region?
How come there were no unova forms or kalos forms?
>>
>>27489594
They should give him a Gumshoos
>>
>>27490346
Christ, how much spoonfeeding do I have to do?

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/the-rite-of-the-island-challenge/
>>
>>27489218
They've had the region forms idea for a while back, look at most of their dex entries, they're its all been leading to this
>>
>>27489234
tropical version of already tropical pokemon?

Yeah okay. What would even change about them?
>>
>>27490397
Maybe it is, or was, more isolated for a longer time. And thus some pokemon evolved differently.

Like what happens with some species in places like the Galapagos Islands or New Zealand.

And there's always the possibility of, if this thing catches on, such things being introduced in the eventual remakes some 10 years from now.
>>
File: 1468448722298.jpg (141KB, 534x820px) Image search: [Google]
1468448722298.jpg
141KB, 534x820px
>>27490397
No special climates.
Alola is special snowflake because it REALLY is the special snowflake region. It's not like the others, and it's weird how bugged people are that we're getting something new and unique.
>>
>>27488499
Ok.
>>
>>27490455
Dragon type.
>>
>>27488853
And it looks like an igloo!
It's the fucking cutest thing ever.
>>
>>27490412
Wow nothing there implies what you were saying at all.

What makes you think each Captain will issue multiple trials?
Or that fighting the totem pokémon may be separated from it, as the site clearly states it happens at the end of a trial?
>>
>>27490428
You could even say it all comes together
>>
>>27488509
B-But anon
Are you really going to buy 4 games?
>>
>>27488499
(you)
>>
File: aaaaaaahaha.png (151KB, 499x473px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaahaha.png
151KB, 499x473px
>>27490328
>He doesn't like Looker
>>
>>27490428
Variations like these have existed since Gen IV, they were just minor and pointless.

I'll take ice Sandshrew over different color Gastrodon who are actually the same shit any day.
>>
>>27489304
I see you've been under a rock...
>>
What if it turns out you are the villain at the end. You go to each Island to conquer each tribe to bring them to heel under your powerful pokemon.
>>
>ice fairy ninetails
>ice type mon with decent speed and attack/sp.a

Alola ninetails is gonna be a staple in my team

any way I'm glad they're mixing shit up.
>>
>>27490589
>What makes you think each Captain will issue multiple trials?
>The final trial on each island is called the grand trial.
>final
>trial
Means there will be at least 3. If there were 2 it would be "the second trial", wouldn't it?

>Or that fighting the totem pokémon may be separated from it, as the site clearly states it happens at the end of a trial?
If the trial is battling the captain...

Captcha: palm trees
>>
>>27490732
I actually thought maybe the Professor or your island's Kahuna being the villain. As you defeating the Kahunas will led to challeging each island's guardian and that will kickstart something.
>>
>>27488499
these trials could have been side missions and/or objectives thus adding more to the game and expanding the formuoa not replacing it
>>
>>27490900
>finally gets a Pokemon plot that's actually interesting
>bitches about it
>>
>>27490529
>No special climates.
But anon Unova is the only place in the pokemon world to have seasons. That alone would force changes in foreign mons.
>>
>>27490975
what is gen 5

and we know nothing about the plot
>>
>>27490976
I thought it was implied foreign pokemon were not introduced in Unova until recently?
They are common in just half the region in B/W and all over the damn place in B2/W2. Rapid spreading like that actually happens when foreign species are introduced in a new enviroment.
>>
>>27490975
I think you mean setting.
>>
File: tumblr_ob8ncqLKPt1s3ufxyo1_1280.png (471KB, 1006x780px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob8ncqLKPt1s3ufxyo1_1280.png
471KB, 1006x780px
Who else is ready for the glorious Ninetales master race?
>>
>>27491171

Like, I am excited, but one thing I dont get is how a tropical island makes a fire type into an ice type.

The whole time I am thinking about that one south park episode where they cool a fiery heart with a fresh island song.
>>
>>27491269
The website says they migrated to the island's snowy mountains when they were brought there so they wouldn't disturb the Pokemon habitats that were already there. There are snowy mountains on a warm tropical island because this is a video game for kids and anything is possible.
>>
>>27488499
Ill buy two versions just to compensate.

These new typings are a godsend.
>>
>>27491038
>>27491083
>gyms
>not plot
Pokemon stories aren't JUST about the evil team, you know.
>>
>>27491355

Yeah you are right. Some times I just think too much about stupid details.

I should just keep thinking about the lyrics to the Mystery Science Theatre 3000 theme song.
>>
>>27491269
>one thing I dont get is how a tropical island makes a fire type into an ice type
By adapting. It's not an immediate process - you don't throw a Vulpix to snow for it to immediately morph into an ice type. It takes generations of Vulpix to adapt and take into the local environment. That's called evolution, anon.
>>
>>27491355
> There are snowy mountains on a warm tropical island because this is a video game for kids and anything is possible.

There is a mountain with snowy top in Hawaii.
>>
File: 14700873260004245.png (40KB, 432x209px) Image search: [Google]
14700873260004245.png
40KB, 432x209px
vwoop-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1470087429055.png (52KB, 432x230px) Image search: [Google]
1470087429055.png
52KB, 432x230px
OOOOOOOOR!
>>
>>27490455
Whether its an alola form or something else, corsola needs something this gen. An evo or a form, doesn't matter. Give it something. Also slightly related I hope they reintroduce diving this gen.
>>
>>27488499

>Haha look at me everyone!

(You)
>>
>>27489082
I've always wanted regional differences between Pokemon because Arbok has always been stated to have them, and you can notice it in the sprites used between games.
>>
>>27490397
Wait until we get remakes.
>>
>>27490784
>>The final trial on each island is called the grand trial.
>>final
>>trial
>Means there will be at least 3. If there were 2 it would be "the second trial", wouldn't it?
Maybe there's multiple Captains on each Island.
>>
>>27490397
Because Gen 1 is the favorite and all the other gens are red-headed step children. I wish I had that screen cap where they put Gen 1 at the top of their pyramid for the franchise.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.