[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mega Arceus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 8493-Mega-Arceus.png (115KB, 255x300px) Image search: [Google]
8493-Mega-Arceus.png
115KB, 255x300px
Since it's a popular idea for Mega/Primal Arceus to have an ability called Omnitype (or some variation thereof), where it becomes every type simultaneously, I did some research to see what this would entail exactly.

>Only Fairy and Rock moves are 2x supereffective against it.
>Takes neutral damage from Fire, Ice, Water, and Flying moves.
>1/2 resists Steel and Dark moves, 1/16 (5x) resists Grass and Bug moves.
>Immune to Normal, Fight, Ghost, Ground, Electric, Psychic, Poison and Dragon moves.

Then onto the effects each type has:

>Immune to powder and spore moves and Effect Spore as a result of Grass typing.
>Immune to burn, poison/toxic, paralysis or freezing due to Fire, Poison/Steel, Electric and Ice typing respectively.
>The only sleep-inducing move that affects it is Dark Void, as a result of its type immunities and spore/powder immunities.
>Immune to sandstorm or hail weather damage due to Rock, Ground, Steel and Ice typing. Special Defense also boosted by 50% during a sandstorm due to Rock typing.
>Immune to effects that prevent recall or escape (such as Mean Look, Magnet Pull, Arena Trap or Shadow Tag), and also guaranteed to flee from any wild battle regardless of Speed, all due to Ghost typing.
>Is not considered grounded for effects that affect grounded Pokémon (e.g. entry hazards and terrain moves) due to Flying type. If grounded, such as if Gravity is in effect, it will remove Toxic Spikes from its side when it switches in due to Poison typing.
>Recieves STAB from any move.

Since STAB rock users are pretty rare, it seems that only Fairies and Stealth Rock are the answers to this pokemon.

Is this likely to ever be implemented?
>>
>>27483330
It would only ever be alllowed if it had no stat increase, or if the mega actually lowered the stats. Think. STAB on every move with it's bst?
>>
>>27483330
>The only sleep-inducing move that affects it is Dark Void

Grass Whistle would affect it as well.

Would it be able to use Rest, though?
>>
File: talonflame2.png (261KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
talonflame2.png
261KB, 500x500px
>>27483330
>only Fairies and Stealth Rock are the answers to this pokemon.

>mfw sneaky pebbles saves the entire metagame from the most OP pokemon in existence
>>
>>27483382
You know damn well it would receive +20 to every stat
>>
>8 immunities
>Cannot be statused AT ALL, except for sleep by two obscure, inaccurate moves
>STAB from every move

Any of those would ban it from Ubers immediately. And it can't be trapped, immune to grounded effects, only two weaknesses - one from a type with few viable STAB users and highly inaccurate moves.

Smogon would shit themselves if this ever happened.
>>
If you used Gravity it would be 4x weak to Ground.
>>
>>27483330
If you want to make that viable, you'll be needing to manually fuck with the type advantages. He's immune to too many things, I'm sure if a caveat of the ability was that some types that should be immune would do standard damage (dragon, normal, and psychic would be alright).

Also it should state that STAB is determined by what slate he has equipped.
>>
I want it
But it'd be on a banlist for Ubers. Which already is a banlist.
Not that I care.
>>
>>27483433
You can still hit a ghost type with Sing...
>>
File: Mega Aero.png (525KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Aero.png
525KB, 1024x759px
You know what would be neat? If fossils had primal reversion instead of mega evolution
>>
>>27483709
If it's a mega, it either wouldn't be able to hold a plate, or it would need to be like Mega Rayquaza, in which case you'd just say fuck STAB and give it a choice item.

>>27484069
But they're already ancient Pokemon that are revived from fossils. Primal reversion for Groudon and Kyogre shows that when the two of them created the lands and seas, they were much stronger than they are today.
>>
>>27484147
Fuck, you're right about the plate thing. Guess that's out the window, but there still needs to be something that alters his STAB. Otherwise it would just be ridiculous.
>>
>>27483593
Which is exactly why it should happen.
>>
>>27484194
The ability could just say that he doesn't get STAB. That, or he could just be ridiculously powerful given that he's literally a god.
>>
>>27484243
I'd be cool with making Judgment SE against every mon. If a mon has a 4x weakness, it does 4x damage.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.