[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rockruff and starters share a secret. Let's list possibilities.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20160801-172746.jpg (295KB, 1468x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160801-172746.jpg
295KB, 1468x1085px
Rockruff and starters share a secret. Let's list possibilities. We're clever enough together to work this out.

I'll start with the most obvious.

Rockruff and Starters both have split evos.

Evidence for:
Leak says Rockruff has split evolution. One is werewolf.
Every Pokemon can use Z moves.
Pokemon in past have evolved using day night feature. None revealed yet for games called Sun and Moon.
Werewolf associated with transforming under the full moon.
Pokemon with Standard and Alolan forms exist.

Evidence against:
Never done before.
Previous images show Pikipek as Pokédex entry 10.
>>
I read somewhere that Rockruff would have 4 different evolution forms, depending on what Island it evolves. I really hope this is true, I love when Pokémons have different forms.
>>
>Previous images show Pikipek as Pokédex entry 10

Different forms doesn't mean different Pokemons. Many Pokemons have different evolutions and use just one slot in the Dex
>>
>>27482673
This.

They'll probably just have different stat spreads and likely movepool differences.
>>
File: 1405416852835.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1405416852835.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>27482074
>Rockruff is the champion of Alola
>>
File: 1452503781804.gif (2MB, 245x225px) Image search: [Google]
1452503781804.gif
2MB, 245x225px
>>27482853
>Rockruff is Cynthia's Garchomp 2.0
>>
>>27482074
You get to talk to them.

That's it.
>>
>>27482074
Ability to use Z-moves.

I'm of the type that all leaks are fake until proven otherwise because there are so fucking many of them.

Furthermore, considering that the leaks have all been without any indication of source, I do not think to put much stock into it being a werewolf or split evos.

First and foremost, starters have fucking never had split evolutions. Charizard has split mega-evolutions, but don't fucking think that that is any indication that split evolutions currently exist for starters or that you can argue that it will happen. Not saying it will never happen, but that is the least obvious thing to fucking say.

Most obvious thing to say is the ability to utilize Z-moves. Z-moves are being hyped up similar to mega evolution was back in the gen6 hype days. Not all pokemon might be able to use them as we've only seen the starters and pikachu using them thus far.

That being said, with the amount of regional variance being pushed in Alola, Rockruff having multiple forms should not be discounted. Not to use the """"leaks""""" as a springboard or evidence, but look at Oricorio and Flabebe for examples. Having multiple formes based on environments has been done before. That being said, since the line says that Rockruff and the starters SHARE a secret, it is unlikely that having regional variations is the secret that is SHARED by Rockruff and the starters. It may be something that happens, but I would not count on it being the secret for those 4 pokemon.

I think that Rockruff is one of the pokemon that has capabilities to use Z-moves, especially since it's rock type and you could even argue that it looks like it's wearing a rocky collar around its neck.
>>
>>27483417
All pokemon can use Z moves.

They wouldn't go out of their way to say that a specific four pokemon share a secret if every other pokemon also takes part in this "secret."
>>
Alright, check out my idea:

Rockruff evolves into different pokemon depending on your starter.

He turns into Litten Wrestler's tag in wrestling buddy. Big angry werewolf.

He turns into Archer Owl's Spotter. (Keen eye)

He turns into Entermaid's backup dancer or a sailor entranced by her.
>>
>>27483517
I could see something like this happening, more or less a elemental monkey scenario where rockruff gets a secondary typing that helps cover your starter. I don't think that's what it is, but it's possible.
>>
>>27483467
Not all pokemon can mega-evolve.

They went out of their way to say that a specific four pokemon share a secret because those four pokemon do technically do share a secret. That statement never excludes others from joining that club. But consider that they have only shown the starters and pikachu using Z-moves. So at the very least, we can definitively say, without argument, that Z-moves are (thus far) relegated to the Alolan starters and the fucking mascot. It's not that big of a stretch to consider this.

>>27483517
That's actually pretty fucking cool of an idea.
>Litten Wrestler's tag-team partner
>Literally the Rock
>>
>>27483583
They would have mentioned pikachu in the first instance if that were the case.

Not to mention that they have confirmed there is a crystal "for every type," which would not be needed if only five pokemon total could use the attack. Furthermore, they would have shown rockruff using the attack instead of pikachu in the trailer, which would have coincided with the information in the OP much better.
>>
>>27483583

You should read all the promotional materials to go with the trailer, there's a lot of info in it.

On their website here: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/z-moves/

It is actually confirmed that "All Pokémon can use Z-Moves to perform mightily in battle!" But they need something like a type-specific stone to do it.

So we can defintively say, without argument, that Z-moves are (thus far) usable by every single Pokémon.

:^)
>>
File: a secret.gif (29KB, 700x564px) Image search: [Google]
a secret.gif
29KB, 700x564px
>>
>>27483642
I only ever said that at the very least it's confirmed to 5 pokemon but no matter.

>>27483761
Fair enough, I had missed that part.
Well, if that's the case, then I can see island-based differences being a thing depending upon where your pokemon evolves.
Gives more replayability if that's the case since you'd have 4 possible middle stage evos for each starter and 4 possible final stage evos for the starters.
>>
>>27483517
So how do you get the other evolutions that's tied to starters you didn't pick? Could just pull a Pangoro and have it evolve depending on the team's types (Fire type pokemon? Wrestling buddy it is).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.