[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OFFICIAL POKEMON IS FULLY DEAD MOURNING THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

Megaevolutions were only the beginning.

Come here bros and let's remember the good not so old times of well made pokemon games, where you travelled and won 8 gym medals, where your team mates evolved and didn't change randomly forms just because, where your character didn't do stupid dance moves to make stupid and big powers.

Every real pokemon fan is welcome. Nintenshills can fuck off and hide it.
>>
>>27481017
0/8 b8
Captcha: Select all images with palm trees
>>
>>27481017
You're right, this game is looking pretty shit so far.
>>
>>27481017
For one side I'm disappointed because of Final Smash, Pokémon Variations because of a meme, and tons of Fairy-type everywhere.

For other I'm glad that Sun/Moon have removed the Gyms, making Pokémon RPGs more originals by making missions and other things, Totem battle make it feels like other RPGs in which enemies summon other enemies, etc. I'll miss the gyms but I've to admit that using them in all games make Pokemon very repetitive.

Also Mega Evolutions were never a mistake, the Pokémon they gave megas were the mistake. It gave a second chance to shine to Kangaskhan, Ampharos, Mawile, Lopunny, etc.
>>
File: Ass smacking.gif (180KB, 256x188px) Image search: [Google]
Ass smacking.gif
180KB, 256x188px
>>27481017
>>
>>27481017
Pokemon was dead the moment Game Freak started hiring fanfic writers.
>>
>>27481017
With megas and now alola forms I feel like they're going to far from the more or less solid worldbuilding that we had until gen5.
I don't like them, but everyone else does.

>inb4 Wormadam, Rotom
One thing is a gimmick pokemon that can have different typings, another is going against what differentiated this franchise from others and just use old designs as a lazy excuse to make "pseudo-new pokemon".
>>
>>27482243
The world building is not contradictory at all. Formes and Megas are great for the gameplay too, both bring back outdated Pokemon and in the case of megas they add an extra layer of complexity to PvP matches.

We'll have to see how Z moves play though.
>>
I am still going to play sun and moon but jesus christ they fucked up pokemon...
>>
>>27482424
>The world building is not contradictory at all.
Perhaps, but they keep adding gimmicks typical of "rival" franchises, which make Pokemon less unique.

Megas brought a layer of power creep along with the complexity.
And the new formes don't really bring back outdated pokemon, they bring copies: for example the "new Sandslash" could be great competitively, but our old ground type Sandslash will keep being mediocre at best in PvP.
This feature has the possibility to actually "eclipsate" old beloved mons. Most of /vp/ is happy as fuck now, but I have to say I'm a bit afraid of the fire Ninetales and the ground Sandslash fading into obscurity even more.
>>
File: op.jpg (71KB, 591x590px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
71KB, 591x590px
>>27481017
> "They're doing something new and actually adding new features to the series? Pokemon is dead."

Yes, OP. It was so much better when every game was the same fucking plot with a reskined region.

>inb4 shill

Seriously, people like you are fucking cancer and need to stop playing the franchise. Ideally by running in front of traffic.
>>
>>27483502
stupid frogposting faggot.
>>
>>27483256
Original Ninetales and Sandslash will most likely be better than their counterparts, to be honest. Ice type is horrible.
>>
>>27483551
Nice argument!
>>
>>27481017
Want some salt with your fries?
>>
>>27483556
I have to give you that, specially Sandslash being slower and with Ice-Steel typing. We'll see what GF tries to pull off.
>>
File: 1470070106275.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
1470070106275.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>27481017
It's better without (You)
>>
>>27481017
But Megas are being placed directly in the trash this gen, we don't have to look at that dumb ugly shit concept ever again.
>>
File: fat controller.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fat controller.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>27483685
>>
File: fishing pole.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>27481017
>>
https://youtu.be/rAlTOfl9F2w
>>
>>27481017
>I don't like it so it's dead

If anything this is the first time I've been so hyped for pokemon since being a kid. I mean I always have fun and I know it's a pokemon game, but I'm really personally enjoying a lot of the news abilities, designs, and choices they're making. Supermoves might be odd, but it's something new and I welcome it. Pokemon is changing and doing new things. It's not always going to be red/blue or gold/silver- because they are unique- which is what this new game seems to be going for. Not to mention the regional difference in pokemon is super cool- i think it makes the pokemon a little more interesting and the world a little bigger.

The franchise isn't dead, but your interest in it is.
>>
Will all you sappy fucks finally leave /vp/ now? If yes then this news day is even better
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.